Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Polkaguy58 wrote: »
    2npz4o3xr1ue.jpg
    A friend found this old gutted radio on the side of the road and I just couldn't throw it away could I ?
    So I turned it into a Faux TV, complete with The Beatles on it.
    The knobs are period correct and came from my stash of parts.

Throw a raspberry Pi computer + touchscreen and DAC in it and make it a streamer :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Your speaking french to this guy I'm afraid.
    I've never owned anything more complex than a flip phone and I don't even use that much.
    My home phone is a 1963 rotary model that's been in my family since I was a kid.
    I watch tv from a home brew antenna that picks up about 23 free channels on a good day.
    The Compact Disc is still my go to audio source, though I do have a home built iHelmet for my bike.
    Guess I'm just an old dog who doesn't like to learn new tricks.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Mike - you have a beautiful family.

Thank you (and Sandy and Geri) for opening your home to us and sharing the wonderful home-cooked meal Thanksgiving weekend! Your hospitality and company was top notch.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    27123272659_699596d5d7_b.jpgDSC_9961 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

This time of year, twilight lasts like 2 minutes ;)

Length of daylight now is about 9 hours :(
  • scubalab wrote: »
    Mike - you have a beautiful family.

Thank you (and Sandy and Geri) for opening your home to us and sharing the wonderful home-cooked meal Thanksgiving weekend! Your hospitality and company was top notch.

Hey Al,

Thanks! Our pleasure. We always enjoy the company of Deb, Katie, Kara and yourself. Since this is now a tradition, our goal is to get you guys here for the actual Thanksgiving dinner. Our young ladies can be the entertainment since they have the perfect complement of instruments for a string trio.
  • mhardy6647
    hmv38ktuzplb.jpg

Me, with a hand carved rabbit guitar that a customer of mine hand carved out of walnut.

This photo could supplant this one for posts on incongruity across the internet ;)

iavbib8rbuyh.png

... and I am just not gonna say anything about that goat photo :neutral:
  • mhardy6647
    PS Polkaguy58, is it possible that you and Stereophile's Art Dudley are twins separated at birth?

:neutral:

hmv38ktuzplb.jpg
    joonad7yb4n0.png

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

... and I am just not gonna say anything about that goat photo :neutral:

Just wait until you hear what that goat said about you! :p
  • Polkaguy58
    Polkaguy58 Posts: 352
    edited December 2017
    PS Polkaguy58, is it possible that you and Stereophile's Art Dudley are twins separated at birth?

hmv38ktuzplb.jpg
    joonad7yb4n0.png

Only if he was born without legs too......(heh heh)
    My dad was kind of a ladies man, so who knows ?

• mhardy6647
    edited December 2017

hmv38ktuzplb.jpg
    joonad7yb4n0.png

Only if he was born without legs too......(heh heh)
    My dad was kind of a ladies man, so who knows ?

well -- I didn't say identical twins ;)

• Sunset down here where the sun spends the winter....

8lb3ydk5omdb.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    Sunset down here where the sun spends the winter....

8lb3ydk5omdb.jpg

:)nice...

Yeah, we get like 15 minutes of wan sunlight per day this time of year up here near the arctic circle... now, if you'll excuse me, I've gotta gather up the seal pelts and go barter for some dinner...

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    snow in SW GA.
    9x0zblkvdiiu.jpeg
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    a99xyaux70t1.jpg

wow.

Just trying to remind myself of what sunset was like six weeks ago looking out over The Little River Salt Marsh from our back deck.

Today, snow!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• ausfew8f8hls.jpg
    Atlantic sunrise last month.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Couple easy upgrades to a PS Audio Delta 100.
    Cut cord off and replaced with an IEC socket. Pulled off old, cracked, and oxidized RCA's and replaced with Vampire RCA's.

Binding posts next but don't have a stepped bit to widen the existing holes.

More later...
    xp9mcuan1got.jpg

Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited December 2017
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Cut cord off and replaced with an IEC socket. Pulled off old, cracked, and oxidized RCA's and replaced with Vampire RCA's.

More later...

Nice! What kind of power cord do you plan on using? Were you able to install the IEC socket horizontally? Some of those PS amps have fins pretty close to the edge.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Viking64 wrote: »

More later...

Nice! What kind of power cord do you plan on using?

I’m going to guess a PS Audio AC-3

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited December 2017
    Feb. 2010.... quite a nice snowfall that year. We had a lot of Cardinals that year.

Nothing here yet, but it was close today.

This Cardinal was in a Mulberry tree that overhung our red-tip hedge. A friend and I trimmed it to 8' in 2013.
    Then the hedge was cut to 5 or 6 stalks by the pro cutters a couple of months ago. This Mulberry branch was cut off by the cutters also. The birds shure do miss the protection of that hedge.

ayt9a51g5hjd.jpg

2ew4xio6h29w.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Viking64 wrote: »

More later...

Nice! What kind of power cord do you plan on using? Were you able to install the IEC socket horizontally? Some of those PS amps have fins pretty close to the edge.

No, the plug was installed vertically due to the proximity of the heatsink to the edge.

Correct Enders. I use PS Audio AC3's throughout.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    So.
    It snowed a bit in Baltimore today.

avb5wu65ltdm.jpg