Will be back, says I........

headrott
headrott Posts: 5,484
edited November 2017 in The Clubhouse
I have not been on for the last few years. I was somewhat "put-off" by the change of the web-site after switching from "Club Polk" to the current site and was not purposefully(planned), but almost by "I want it the way it was" attitude, avoiding the place.

That said, I miss all you guys and talking audio with you. "I cannot stay away forever", I thought to myself. I have been frequenting a Sig Sauer site, and a couple pipe smoking sites in the interim. I finally decided that (after seeing their sites) that even the "new" Polk site is still "good", and the members are absolutely the best on the web, IMO. I will make it a point to come by the forum more regularly from here on out. I look forward to talking audio with you all again, brothers (particularly you @F1nut (Jesse)!!!!)
Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
Post edited by headrott on

Comments

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Welcome back.
    B)
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • headrott
    edited November 2017
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    Welcome back.
    B)

Thanks man. It's good to see that a lot of the membership has not changed; although apparently, Polkfarmboy is no longer present. Well, that makes me sad...........(I think......) :) If nothing else, I will miss his tight jean and Porsche threads. Now that I look at his page, he is still here as of Nov. 4th. Not sure how I feel about that. :D
    Post edited by headrott on
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Welcome back!
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    headrott wrote: »
    a couple pipe smoking sites in the interim

Oh the childish fun we could have with that statement :p
    On a serious note welcome back. As far as Kevin's concerned once in a while he will post but the whoa is me threads we've not had in a long while. They tend to get old imo.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,923
    group hug!

xn4qhcvaxfxl.png

;)

welcome back, sir.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    ^^^There are at least 100 things in that photo that qualify as "vintage".
    Is that a glass of Scotch in the workplace?!?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    edited November 2017
    That was the last scene from the last Mary Tyler Moore Show -- when they all got fired by the station's new management. Except Ted. :expressionless:

Lou Grant always kept a bottle of Scotch in his office, it may be recalled. :)

https://youtu.be/lwYdZ70yIxA

now, back to your regularly-scheduled thread!
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    You are an extremely knowledgeable and valuable member here and I am very pleased to see this thread. B)
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Welcome back. FPB still posts.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Heeey, look who it is!
    I disabled signatures.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Well there goes the respectability of the place...

>:)
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Hi Greg B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Its not what it once was........but neither are any of us.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    DSkip wrote: »
    It's been in a good place the last few months. There is more love and less venom here than I can ever remember.

Less trolls lately, no?
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Hey Greg! Let's build a DAC!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    I keep trying to get away but they keep pulling me back in! lol!

Welcome back!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mhardy6647
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »
    It's been in a good place the last few months. There is more love and less venom here than I can ever remember.

Less trolls lately, no?

They're (most) all at certain other hifi sites now :(
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    'Sup Greg? Glad to see you again.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Welcome back, Greg!

Shut up, Tom.
  • headrott
    Thanks everyone for the welcome back comments. You all mean a lot to me.

I still prefer the old "Club Polk" site, but after experiencing other sites formats, I found this one to be tolerable and the members phenomenal!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Hey Greg, welcome back. Another tube guru

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    welcome back to you as well Brock, been awhile :)
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Yeah, I took a break, not really intended. Been spending some time on the VW GTi boards. Now that cold weather has arrived, I'll get the rig fired up and start doing audio things again....lol.

Also went cold turkey in the tube buying department. I have amassed quite a few and I just stopped looking one day and haven't looked since. Sort of coincided with the new car purchase in May. It was becoming a bit of an obsession :p . I have more tubes than I can listen to in a lifetime. I figure since May I've saved over $1K in purchases....lol.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    sometimes a break is needed for what ever the reason(s). Welcome back!
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Good to see you back!

Winter weather is here .... and in case you’re wondering, my space heater is working Very Nice ... thank you

AKA Pass Aleph 30 U sold me!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Welcome back. Same old joint, different book cover. A tad stiffer moderation but we still manage some fun. Nice to see ya posting again.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • welcome back!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!