Nippon Chemicon or Nichicon?

Options
124»

Comments

• VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,227
    Options
    xschop wrote: »
    Thanks F1. I decided to match the machining of the aluminum knobs....
    The factory feet are inadequate to put it lightly... Redrilling holes in the bottom plate for 1/4-20 domes.
    e6rdyuje0omm.jpg

Those are some kind of nice. Really like them.
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,227
    Options
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Thanks Vsat. I think they turned out nicely and preview what a custom Marantz project will look like.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    I left extra space between new caps and board (extra cooling?).... Fired it up on the shop 5Jrs and we're back to harmony.
    Haven't done main amp board yet. I can't say for sure whether the caps that vomited were the culprit in an artifact of high volume kick-drum flatulence that occurred at times or the deoxit treatment on all controls... But its sounding smooth again...
    k6z86hhibg7e.jpg

Those caps are better off stuck to the board, not elevated like that as they are now even more susceptible to vibration.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• xschop
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The 3 larger value caps are more elevated by default, but I'll try and get them closer. Although they are larger values, the housings are physically smaller and the leads are closer together.
    The round of tone control FG's should be showing soon and I'll re-hit these with the solder iron....And again thanks for all the help and input. The Cardas Quad flows so effortlessly, great suggestion by Pitt.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    The 3 larger value caps are more elevated by default, but I'll try and get them closer. Although they are larger values, the housings are physically smaller and the leads are closer together.

In that case, leave them be.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    The Cardas Quad flows so effortlessly, great suggestion by Pitt.

Sorry I can't take credit here Jesse turned me on to it.

I understand the leads being closer than the previous caps and holes for them. Next time try to bend them 90* away from each other then holding on to the bent part so it doesn't bend back up with say the flat of a small screwdriver bend them back 90*. I have done this to make them meet the hole spacing better and rest on the board. Sorry it is hard to convey this in this medium. your using the flat end of the screwdriver as a metal break, siding break I'm sure you have use one of those in your shop ;)

As Jesse said leave it alone

• xschop
    Options
    4 months on backorder, I forgot where I read I need to replace "458" transistors with these ksc1845's

im29428slwhp.jpg