Remote not working on magnifi mini

It happen after we connected using Bluetooth
The remote would not control the volume for the music from the phone then I switch back to tv, at the speaker, and the remote does not work. I have only had it two days and I have tried to change batteries. Is the a way to reprogram the Polk remote?

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Probably a good idea to contact Polk's CS guys tomorrow at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1. In previous soundbars if you placed the bar in the standby mode (LED red) then touched the "learn" button for a second or two the bar would erase any learned commands and only work with the Polk remote. I don't know for sure if this works with the Mini, but you could try.
    Regards, Ken
  • mgrtuba
    mgrtuba Posts: 2
    Anything can be done with customer service for someone that works. Is would cost more than the sound bar is worth for me to take a day off
  • [Deleted User]
    Send an email to: Ken.Carter@soundunited.com and he will help.
  • IkeHarris
    IkeHarris Posts: 6
    I'm having this same exact problem. I've only had my system for a week and the remote no longer works. Polk has sent me another remote and still no luck.

I created another thread before I found this one.
  • IkeHarris
    IkeHarris Posts: 6
    I waited almost 2 weeks for the new controller due to a mix up in customer service so I haven't been able to use the volumes for bass or voice since before then and now going into a long holiday weekend.....no customer service available until Tuesday
  • [Deleted User]
    Hello,
    I'm sorry you're having a problem. I'm not as familiar with Polk's newer soundbars, but I can offer some general suggestions. If you are fairly handy with a screwdriver there should be a removable grille cover on your bar that can be carefully removed. There will usually be small rubber cups that the grille cover's pegs fit into and if these rubber cups are removed (needle nose pliers) you should see Phillips head screws and if these are removed the speaker's front baffle will be able to be taken off. There should be an IR receiver mounted on the inside of the baffle and a small wiring harness that should be connected to the IR receiver. It is possible that the wiring harness has come off of the IR receiver causing the remote to not work.
    I hope this is helpful.
    Cheers, Ken
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Hello,
    I'm sorry you're having a problem. I'm not as familiar with Polk's newer soundbars, but I can offer some general suggestions. If you are fairly handy with a screwdriver there should be a removable grille cover on your bar that can be carefully removed. There will usually be small rubber cups that the grille cover's pegs fit into and if these rubber cups are removed (needle nose pliers) you should see Phillips head screws and if these are removed the speaker's front baffle will be able to be taken off. There should be an IR receiver mounted on the inside of the baffle and a small wiring harness that should be connected to the IR receiver. It is possible that the wiring harness has come off of the IR receiver causing the remote to not work.
    I hope this is helpful.
    Cheers, Ken

Sorry, Ken, but this suggestion doesn't quite work for the Magnifi Mini. I encountered this issue this morning while setting one up for someone. The "grill" on the Mini wraps around the unit. If you're referring to the smaller grill in the center, I can say that I'd be afraid of breaking that, if it even is removable.

Out of the box, the unit worked great, except it was unresponsive to the remote. Tried new batteries - no change. Turned the unit over while unplugged and removed the 9-10 screws to take off the bottom plate, but there was nothing inside noticeably loose or disconnected. Put it back together and about a minute after turning it on, the remote worked - for a few minutes. Unplugged it again for a minute and it worked again after starting up - for just a few minutes again. Frustrating. I'll be calling CS on Monday morning for resolution.
  • [Deleted User]
    I'm sorry that didn't work. From what I've gathered there could be a problem with the remote's battery compartment, the small spring isn't making contact with the metal case of the battery. Maybe check into that?
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    It's an hour away, but I'll shoot you and the other Ken a PM. I'm not convinced it's just the remote, since it seemed to come back after pulling the power on the main unit, but I guess it could be coincidental. We'll see. Thanks, Ken, for replying so quickly... on a weekend. Have a good one!
  • SDFlyer
    SDFlyer Posts: 2
    I have a brand new unit, just arrived today, and the remote doesn't work. Tried different batteries, and still nothing. If I repeatedly hit the power button about 10 times, it will turn the power off. Then another 10+ pushes to turn it on again.
  • SDFlyer
    SDFlyer Posts: 2
    I tried the remote again, and it seems to be working. But the unit keeps turning itself back on about 20 seconds after I turn it off. This happens whether I use the remote or the switch on the unit itself to turn it off. I finally had to unplug it to get it to stay off for the night.
  • sriram
    sriram Posts: 1
    I brought new mini, facing same problem remote is not working. Any suggestions .
  • So I've had my Polk command bar with Alexa built into it for a month or so and my remote has been fine until a little bit of a girl the damn remote just stopped working. I took the batteries out of another remote that was working okay again this one and it still didn't work I can't do nothing I can turn it up down change any settings do anything with that it's literally dead so what do I do about that
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    So, who has the decoder ring?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Hello,
    I recommend calling Polk at: 1-800-377-7655 and select option 1.
  • I to am having a remote control problem. A short time after my purchase of the Magnifi Mini the remote stopped working. I called customer service and they said they would send out another e=remote...they didn't. A month later I called customer service again and they told me that they did send a remote. Hmm...maybe I was lying? Anyway they sent me out another remote control. Guess what?....it didn't work. I moved recently and cannot find my receipt. I know I have it...just not sure where it is hiding. Anyway...before suggesting that they replace my soundbar they suggested that they get my TV remote to work my soundbar.....lot of good that would do since most of the features would not work on that remote Only on-off, volume and mute. My soundbar is fairly useless at this point. Still...it is I who cannot find my receipt. Evil **** that I am. The problem started in late July and the last I spoke with customer service was last Mon or Tues (Sept 9 or 10). That's almost as long as the remote worked for. This soundbar was just for a temporary time until I purchased a permanent surround sound system. I'm doubting I'll ever purchase a Polk Audio anything in the future. Actually I have no doubts. My new hone system will be made up of Goldenear or SVS speakers. I'll also be going with Memphis speakers for my new system in my car. Bye bye Polk.
  • Hey All I found out just now if you hold the WiFi button on the back it will do a factory reset.
    My remote works now.
  • Mezado1974
    Mezado1974 Posts: 1
    There have been a few suggestions here in regards to remote not working. I stuck a tiny piece of aluminum foil between the positive battery terminal and the spring at the bottom of the remote. You REALLY shouldn’t have to do that. Shame on Polk for a terrible remote design. My first Polk anything I ever owned. This cured my dead remote. 10-4 over and out.
  • terfree
    terfree Posts: 1
    For such a nice speaker, the damn remote issues are a nuisance! My fix (after ALL the standard answers including getting new remote) was as simple as cleaning the spring connections with batteries ..... these lasted as long as a cheap Xmas ornament! KISS method works again ....