This is sad

Options

Comments

• K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »

Thank you for your concern and wanting to know the location of the post where the name calling occurred. I'll quote it again. Please note that the quote contains both the name calling and the forum member's name that did the name calling. It is on this very same forum page, a few posts above yours. Thank you for abiding by the Clubhouse rules (especially 2 and 5) and your concern that members at this forum, even if they disagree with you, are most welcome here and should be treated fairly and respectfully.

Best regards,

DuB

Went back and looked at the quote you took from Nooshin, KM, & DK. I see "troll torch", something by K_M, and something by DK. I did not observe any name calling by the so-call offenders.

So, who was the victim again?

Can you BOLD the name calling so that we all can better understand your logic? Please make sure that you don't over stretch and that the name calling come within those 3 quotes that you have singled out.

Really? Any comment about a "Troll" is name calling.

Let's assume Matt Polk himself came to the forum, and someone told him to drop the "Troll Torch".....would you feel the same?

All members deserve the same courtesy and respect, no matter how long they have been here, age, sex, race, no matter who they are and not simply based on Post count, someone they know or even If they worked for Polk currently or in the past.

Sorry, the forum rules say they apply to all members. Nothing in them about certain members can violate them, based on the above criteria.

• Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    C'mon F1 are you ever going to lighten-up?

lol
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,842
    Options
    C'mon F1 are you ever going to lighten-up?

lol

^ TROLL ^
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,842
    Options
    K_M wrote: »

Thank you for your concern and wanting to know the location of the post where the name calling occurred. I'll quote it again. Please note that the quote contains both the name calling and the forum member's name that did the name calling. It is on this very same forum page, a few posts above yours. Thank you for abiding by the Clubhouse rules (especially 2 and 5) and your concern that members at this forum, even if they disagree with you, are most welcome here and should be treated fairly and respectfully.

Best regards,

DuB

Went back and looked at the quote you took from Nooshin, KM, & DK. I see "troll torch", something by K_M, and something by DK. I did not observe any name calling by the so-call offenders.

Can you BOLD the name calling so that we all can better understand your logic? Please make sure that you don't over stretch and that the name calling come within those 3 quotes that you have singled out.

Let's assume Matt Polk himself came to the forum, and someone told him to drop the "Troll Torch".....would you feel the same?

All members deserve the same courtesy and respect, no matter how long they have been here, age, sex, race, no matter who they are and not simply based on Post count, someone they know or even If they worked for Polk currently or in the past.

Sorry, the forum rules say they apply to all members. Nothing in them about certain members can violate them, based on the above criteria.

^ TROLL ^
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Looks like the forum whiner has a severe case of this.
    gao2ocmhwng5.jpg
    My God people put it to rest for the sake of the forum.

LOL. B U T T H U R T is an appropriate term. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,121
    Options
    All members deserve the same courtesy and respect, no matter how long they have been here, age, sex, race,

RESPECT is something earned. It is granted as a courtesy, but easily lost by the very actions you and your compadres are taking now. Once lost, you can rarely get it back.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • K_M
    Options
    All members deserve the same courtesy and respect, no matter how long they have been here, age, sex, race,

RESPECT is something earned. It is granted as a courtesy, but easily lost by the very actions you and your compadres are taking now. Once lost, you can rarely get it back.

But you are giving respect to guys that are blatantly violating rules, calling people names and bashing members, yet see no problem with that.

Hypocritical much?

• Gatecrasher
    Options

Respect goes both ways and may have to be somewhat earned but that doesn't excuse common courtesy. There is no excuse for some of the behavior you seem to be defending. No one expects everyone to bow-down to other members (like some on here seem to have a need to do) but you should still act civil towards others.

Peace.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options

But you are giving respect to guys that are blatantly violating rules, calling people names and bashing members, yet see no problem with that.

Hypocritical much?

pot... meet kettle.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    It is disrespectful to join this forum and disrespect its rules and operate as if you are above the Clubhouse rules and willfully violate those rules. The rules are very plain about how we should behave and treat others. These rules also state that if you have a problem with a member you should either contact a moderator or send that member a private message. That is how we should respect the Polk Audio Forum.

Fear not... Your trolling behavior has been well documented by the membership and reported in accordance with the rules you so flagrantly violate.

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options

Best regards,

DuB

I would think that Matt Polk's skin was a little thicker than that...
    You guys must be damn near clear.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited May 2017
    Options

You really have no clue.

I sat in a conference room at Polk Audio, F1nut was in the room too, so were a few others that you think are being obnoxious. We were trading barbs with Mr. Polk and having a grand old time. He even pointed right at me and said "You're kinda punchy today!" which was clearly him saying to back off a bit so we can get through what he wanted to talk about.

Later that afternoon at the BBQ, he stopped by where I was sitting, apologized for calling me out like that and I apologized for taking it too far. Then we started talking about Porsche 911's and Becker stereos.

Quite a few people here have met and hung out with Mr. Polk and he mentioned on more than one occasion that while the forum can get a bit harsh at times, he liked the organic dynamic and how there were no bones about it. A spade is called a spade here. His only criticism was that folks should remember their tact/manners. Otherwise the forum is and has been it's own beast, for better or for worse. It's a tremendous source for access to the customer base and Mr. Polk said many times that he and everyone else at Polk Audio is humbled by the following here. He never understood why Polk Audio had it but he was grateful for ClubPolk. Even Micah The Hobbit who stops in from time to time is impressed at how well his creation has soldiered on even though he hasn't been part of Polk Audio in a long time.

To the extent that Matt Polk and Polk Audio have thrown parties for all us yahoos to get together, hang out and meet everyone. Both at HQ and their personal homes.

One of the best nights I've had was sitting on the back patio at Stu's house, he's the VP of Engineering, with mdaudioguy and George Grand, drinking beer and listening to Stu's stories from the early days of Polk Audio.

You really have no clue what you are talking about here and honestly, the 3 of you that keep perpetuating this thread and antagonizing people should just let it die already. This is stupid and you all look stupid for perpetuating it.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • K_M
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »

You really have no clue.

His only criticism was that folks should remember their tact/manners.

All that to post that HE agrees what what we are saying??

Thank you!
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    I'm thinking not so much.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Gatecrasher
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    You really have no clue.

I sat in a conference room at Polk Audio, F1nut was in the room too, so were a few others that you think are being obnoxious. We were trading barbs with Mr. Polk and having a grand old time. He even pointed right at me and said "You're kinda punchy today!" which was clearly him saying to back off a bit so we can get through what he wanted to talk about.

To the extent that Matt Polk and Polk Audio have thrown parties for all us yahoos to get together, hang out and meet everyone. Both at HQ and their personal homes.

One of the best nights I've had was sitting on the back patio at Stu's house, he's the VP of Engineering, with mdaudioguy and George Grand, drinking beer and listening to Stu's stories from the early days of Polk Audio.

You really have no clue what you are talking about here and honestly, the 3 of you that keep perpetuating this thread and antagonizing people should just let it die already. This is stupid and you all look stupid for perpetuating it.

So you are saying we should all be in awe of you and you that have "special" privileges that makes you superior to us peons on this forum or what?

Next are you going to tell us Matt adopted you and put you in his will?

What does any of that have to do with you condoning someone acting like a total a-hole on a public forum?
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Firing up the grill........
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Firing up the grill........

Sounds like a good idea! I have a couple NY strips I plan to throw on mine tonight.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    lntnh2mzf6sc.jpg
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Gatecrasher
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This is my last post in this thread.

What these guy's strategy is here is pretty-obvious. They are all taking turns attacking and pushing the envelope on acceptable behavior in hopes that one of us who is currently on their childish "vendetta" list will cross the line and be kicked-off the forum. They take turns to avoid being suspended or kicked-off themselves.

I think everyone on here knows how I feel about bullying so I think this will be my last post in this thread. All of you who think I am being insubordinate to one of Matt Polk's best friends can add me to your ignore list. It doesn't bother me one bit but I'll tell you one thing, I don't have anyone on my ignore list. I want to hear what everyone on here has to say and they won't ever have to worry about me personally attacking them unless they do so to me first (and even then I'll think twice before I do it).

Most of all, you won't ever have to worry about me calling your audio equipment or Polk speakers "garbage" or that you are an "idiot" just because we don't agree on a technical issue.

Take care.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,670
    Options
    Can we get back to our regular discussions? That would be about audio related items.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    I believe what is being exhibited is known as "persecutory delusion" in psychiatric circles.
    According to the DSM-IV-TR, persecutory delusions are the most common form of delusions in paranoid schizophrenia, where the person believes "he or she is being tormented, followed, tricked, spied on, or ridiculed." They are also often seen in schizoaffective disorder and, as recognized by DSM-IV-TR, constitute the cardinal feature of the persecutory subtype of delusional disorder, by far the most common. Delusions of persecution may also appear in manic and mixed episodes of bipolar disease and in severe depressive episodes with psychotic features, particularly when associated with bipolar illness.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    It is disrespectful to join this forum and disrespect its rules and operate as if you are above the Clubhouse rules and willfully violate those rules. The rules are very plain about how we should behave and treat others. These rules also state that if you have a problem with a member you should either contact a moderator or send that member a private message. That is how we should respect the Polk Audio Forum.

Fear not... Your trolling behavior has been well documented by the membership and reported in accordance with the rules you so flagrantly violate.

I actually like trolling.
    But until I can get myself a boat, I'm afraid I'm limited to surf-casting for now...

;) my apologies, a weak attempt at levity in what has become a tense situation (NOT)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    htslzbj51u9g.gif
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    I believe what is being exhibited is known as "persecutory delusion" in psychiatric circles.
    According to the DSM-IV-TR, persecutory delusions are the most common form of delusions in paranoid schizophrenia, where the person believes "he or she is being tormented, followed, tricked, spied on, or ridiculed." They are also often seen in schizoaffective disorder and, as recognized by DSM-IV-TR, constitute the cardinal feature of the persecutory subtype of delusional disorder, by far the most common. Delusions of persecution may also appear in manic and mixed episodes of bipolar disease and in severe depressive episodes with psychotic features, particularly when associated with bipolar illness.

THAT'S what I have! Now I know....
    Thanks, Ryan.
    17,000 feet and counting.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    ...Gumdrop buttons...everyone likes gumdrop buttons right?!?!

RIGHT?!?!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • littlewoodboats
    Options
    Jesus don't care , he has much bigger fish to fry.

I heard it on South Park that Jesus prefers MIT cables
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    Also respect and being talked to respectfully cannot be forced no matter how much you want and try.

If someone shoots from the hip then take it with a grain of salt.

Someone else said here earlier you think y'all would have thicker skin yeah?

F1 has been very straight with me before (if you want to call it disrespectful go ahead) but I have never taken offense and I try to assume the best of intentions. Even if someone told me my whole set up is crap (which I have been told it is less than ideal) I wouldn't be offended. I would ask why they think so and start plotting my upgrades accordingly.

What seems to be the problem like also mentioned earlier is that some of you don't like opposing views, you seem even fight them. It is interesting that you cannot just be content with having a different view.

Kinda hard to think a 25 year old can but some of you (I assume are grown men as well) cannot sit there and accept anything other than what you know to be true.

Crazy stuff...Who likes gumdrop buttons? =D
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member