SDA Playlist

Comments

• gwg_97
    gwg_97 Posts: 332
    AC/DC Back in Black and Hell's Bells (hits so hard with a high current amp!)
    Early Talking Heads (try Psycho Killer)
    Lou Reed (New York and Transformer)
    Queen (Killer Queen)

System 1:Nakamichi PA-7Kenwood Basic C2Polk SDA 1C moddedSystem 2:Dynaco ST-70Polk Monitor 5B modded
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Muse "Resistance"
    The whole album!
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    machone, a good idea!

I purchased my Polk SDA 2B Studios NEW
    after hearing:

Bob James - "Obession" the whole album.

yapy9m8jchjm.jpg
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • stones89
    stones89 Posts: 229
    Bob Dylan "oh Mercy
    Any Ray Lamontagne
    Basis 2200 Signature, Vector 4, Transfiguration Proteus, Allnic H3000, Meridian 200/563, CJ ET5, McIntosh 501's, Thiel CS6, 3.6, Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl, MIT EVO, KS/Wywires PC's
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Beach Boys - Little Deuce Coupe, Get Around. Crazy good SDA effect!

Paula Abdul - Album: Spellbound - Songs 1-3
    Will make the old lady all touchy/feely.. Song 4 has a spot in it where I swear she's yelling at you from about 3 ft away to your right and looking down on you ( above the plane of the speakers).

Depeche Mode - Music For The Masses
    The whole album. After playing Paula and before heading into the BR put this one on... Or just listen to it.

Sully Erna - Avalon
    Yes, I live in Oregon. No I don't smoke weed but if I did....
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Kid Rock
    Rock and Roll Jesus whole CD stays locked in the center with great expansion to the sides.
    Surprised me TBH
  • Kinks - One For The Road

Live double album - awesome.
  • machone
    Billy Idol
    Don't need a gun (single edit)
    Turn it up!
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Sony PS4

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Scorpions - "Lonesome Crow" (1972) Title track. Produced by West German legend Conny Plank.
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
    edited June 2018
    Eric Clapton and JJ Cale, Road to Escondido (vinyl)
    C'est magnifique

Couple of reference cuts: Radio Nowhere (Magic), Springsteen; Smooth Operator, Sade
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited August 2018
    Angela, I'll let you "write my essay" anytime.

p9PA6Z1LFSXIS.jpg

Reported.
  • I have been loving Prince on my 2bs.
  • ThomasD
    ThomasD Posts: 260
    vmbo54g9calv.png

This should be on the Official SDA Playlist. Made my wife sit, close her eyes and listen to this one. Afterwards, she asked why I had her listen to it in 'surround sound' and not in 2 channel ? I just had to smile. Stunning sound stage & separation with my untouched SDA 2a's.
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, 4070, 1030, APPJ 2013, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Listened to a few Alan Parsons in the 3.1 sounded darn good.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Listen to some Bill Withers and you'll get the same feelings I believe.

I played Mr. Withers CD over and over years ago when I was given it by an old friend who made for me.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • erniejade
    You should check out Bill Withers Grandma's hands if that cd doesn't have it.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited December 2018
    Oh yea, it does!

I've demo'd a lot of sets of speakers using that song. I let a lot of people know who he is. Also "Use me" makes me groove to it. B)

I was dating my wife and we split up one night. I heard Bill Wither's song "Ain't no sunshine when she's gone" that night. I took it as a sign and called her up. :D
    https://youtu.be/CICIOJqEb5c
    This takes you to YouTube video above but also all the other videos to choose from below it. What a talented guy! B)
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bill+withers&docid=608000138723592215&mid=7C72AE3121C873B5E9697C72AE3121C873B5E969&view=detail&FORM=VIRE
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • erniejade
    I have the lp just as I am. He made some good stuff.
  • Here's a few I haven't seen posted....
    Lyle Lovette, Simple Song
    The Been Taylor Band, Time of the Season
    Chris Jones, Vigilante Man, No Sanctuary Here
    Ennio Morricone, The good,the bad, and the ugly
    Harold Faltermeyer, Axel F
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
    Nickel Creek, "A Dotted Line". Incredible sound stage and instrument definition.
  • Song: Fantasy
    Artist: Aldo Nova
    Album: Aldo Nova

Song: Celestial Echo
    Artist: Malia, Boris Blank
    Album: Convergence

Song: Anabasis (live)
    Artist: Dead Can Dance
    Album: In Concert
  • Bob Schneider-Lonelyland (Texas edition)-King of the World

Absolutely one of the best songs I've ever heard and the SDA's just add to immersive soundstage
  • machone
    Vogue
    Madonna
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Sony PS4

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    ELP "From the Beginning"
    The Rolling Stones "Sympathy for the Devil"
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • ThomasR
    ThomasR Posts: 14
    First album after a recent tweeter upgrade..

Somethin' Else with Cannonball Adderley, Miles Davis,Hank Jones and Art Blakey. Blew... me... away.......
  • windstriker
    windstriker Posts: 136
    Paradox by the riot jazz brass band
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    I am still working on getting the full SDA experience out of a new to me set of SDA 2B. I have listened to electronic music almost exclusively for the last 30 years. Listing some of my favorites along with some other stuff I have discovered along the way. I am listening to music I am very familiar with only to discover new sounds and effects in almost every track....

Jesse Cook - The Blue Guitar Sessions, One Night at the Metropolis
    Air - Twentyears
    Nick Warren ‎– Renaissance - The Masters Series
    Sasha ‎– Global Underground 009: San Francisco
    Sasha - Involver series

I have read through about 75% of this thread and I have seen many suggestions for electronic music. I will finish reading the thread over the next few days.

Cheers,
    Caleb
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited July 2019
    @joecoulson Nick Warren being discussed here!

Caleb, nice to see another lover of electronic music here along with Joe and myself who are easily the biggest lovers of it on the forum!