Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Those are the Series 2 versions, not the same as the Peerless 7B's.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited March 2017
    I just wanted to make sure folks knew there was a difference. Nice thing about the Series 2, the RD0198-1 is a drop in replacement.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    Polk TSI Series Surround Sound (x7) in Cherry asking $500. No affiliation.
    Wish GF had room for these!
    https://bham.craigslist.org/ele/6028650235.html
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    TForan wrote: »

They were $5900 in 85 ? I had no idea they were that much. That's over 13K in today's money.
    DSkip wrote: »

I think he is adding in upgrade costs.

MSRP in 1985 was $2600. For perspective, that's = $5900 in 2017 dollars. My asking price reflects a portion of my my upgrade costs.

Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225
    @1976doc, I thought you were bringing them down to me..... :wink: lol!!
  • kmeek
    Oh! You can never have too many speakers or Amps!! :smile:
  • kmeek
    1976doc wrote: »
    Got my eye on a pair of tekton 21in powered subs... :p:p:p

denver.craigslist.org/ele/6006198525.html

In the market for subs:
    I have a Mirage BPS-400 powered Sub I am probably going to put online to sell fairly soon....
  • kmeek
    You too!!!
    By the way when you get to Phoenix heaven help my neighbors if you moved into my neighborhood as well....... lol!
  • kmeek
    edited March 2017
    I have no odea why i havent been arrested for my sound system yet.... i LOVE to crank it waaaaaaaaaaaaaay up

Ok so check this out:
    Me and a buddy did two DIY Tuba folded horn subs (we did the THT low profile version), one for each of us. You think the Polk SRS is an impressive size try 71 inches tall by 18" deep by 31 inches wide (I painted it satin black and call it my 2001 space odyssey monolith). I have a bridged Crown K2 feeding it with it's paltry rated 2500 watts @ 4ohm. Haven't measured it but guys that have put these together are getting down to 15hz at around 114db.... And did I mention I have two JBL pro 18's running as well that are 96db efficient at 1 watt 1 meter..... Just for good measure? Oh! Yeah! :smiley:
  • kmeek
    Im moving to yuma... no worries for you

I have a buddy that I worked with retire to Yuma. You will be about equal distance to Phoenix as you'll be to San Diego.
  • kmeek
    You're right but I sometimes see good deals there on Craigslist, the weather is nice and great seafood!! :wink:
  • CGTIII
    @kmeek - Hope you're not near a fault line. :smiley:

• kmeek
    Nah! They are about 5 1/2 hours away..... :wink:
  • CGTIII
    @1976doc - No down-firing for you then please!

• kmeek
    Technically ill be sitting on a fault in yuma i think

Yah! But if you did it right you'd be sitting pretty on some beach front property.... :wink:
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,226
    Lets just drive to all and pick em up..I got nothing better to do
  • GSXSRT4
    GSXSRT4 Posts: 43
    Polk SRS!!! $900!!!! Someone grab these!!!!
    No affiliation
    https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/ele/6017673199.html
  • ^^^^^

"If you had a Trans Am, a moustache, an 8 ball, and these speakers....
    You were hosting the after-party."

HT: Marantz NR-1603, Oppo 981, Def Tech SM55, SVS PB-1000
    BR: iPad Mini, Audio Engine A5+
    2C: Parasound ZDAC V.2, Sony DA80ES, Sony XDR-F1HD, SVS Prime Tower, JSE .6 Infinite Slope
    Office: MBAir, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, JBL LSR-308
    Projects: Polk RTA12, Polk Monitor 7, Revox B225CD, BIC 3-TM
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,635
    7B?.... I can never find them in my backyard...

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/152461617395
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • What about these SDA SRS 2.3s?

Is the price right? I might go pick them up today. Does anyone know if they are from a Polkie here on the forum?

No affiliation.

raleigh.craigslist.org/ele/6036889704

HT: Marantz NR-1603, Oppo 981, Def Tech SM55, SVS PB-1000
    BR: iPad Mini, Audio Engine A5+
    2C: Parasound ZDAC V.2, Sony DA80ES, Sony XDR-F1HD, SVS Prime Tower, JSE .6 Infinite Slope
    Office: MBAir, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, JBL LSR-308
    Projects: Polk RTA12, Polk Monitor 7, Revox B225CD, BIC 3-TM
  • kmeek
    What about these SDA SRS 2.3s?

Is the price right? I might go pick them up today. Does anyone know if they are from a Polkie here on the forum?

No affiliation.

Well I hope this helps....

I just bought a pair about a month ago. Guy was originally asking $1,200 and were on offer up for months. I offered $600 and he took it. I not only got the 2.3's I also got a Mirage BPS-400 powered subwoofer and some nice Audioquest cables. The original cross over cable and even the rare SDA AI-1 amplifier interface. So $900 sounds a little high to me. If you do get them though they are very sweet speakers!!! It's funny I auditioned mine in his garage with the speakers only about two feet from each other with each side on the wrong side (so definitely not optimal) but still the stereo separation and clarity!!! Wow! Played Dire Straits Ride Across the River and it sent chills up my back literally. If I were you I'd see what you can do negotiation wise. Also I am warning you now if you are able to properly audition them you will be hooked. Good luck!
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    What about these SDA SRS 2.3s?

No affiliation.

I reached out to him last week. He would not even give me pictures of the tops or the serial numbers. He claimed they were boxed up and he could not get pictures. Sounds kind of shady to me.
  • kmeek
    @OldSchoolPolk, Hey I just read the ad. I didn't realize they did the RD0194-1tweeter upgrades!! Just FYI: the tweeters are about $50 each so that would be about a $300 upgrade just in itself. So $900 may not be all that bad..... :wink:
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 449
    la2vegas wrote: »
    These have me drooling. The cleanest I've seen.

Couldn't help but email him hoping to trade some audio gear for those. Instead he's looking for outdoorsy type stuff - so if you or anyone has some spare camping / hunting / nature stuff, this may be your lucky day!
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I have a Cabelas tent and a fishing pole
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • gychang
    gychang Posts: 11
    Pair of SDA1 for $100 locally, this sound reasonable?
  • gychang
    gychang Posts: 11
    I plan to get a pair of SDA1 speakers, they are rated 4Ohms, but with sensitivity of 94dB. 5year old Onkyo theater receiver work?? (100W/ch)
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    ^^@ 4ohm not very long.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    gychang wrote: »
    I plan to get a pair of SDA1 speakers, they are rated 4Ohms, but with sensitivity of 94dB. 5year old Onkyo theater receiver work?? (100W/ch)

They drop way below 4ohm.
  • StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    These look a bit beat up for $200. Think it's worth a price beatdown? https://daytona.craigslist.org/ele/6025165220.html
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.