Anyone into watches/timepieces?

Comments

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    I'm an idiot,I should have noticed that. So is this one a mechanical automatic :) or quartz movement? Any side pics? :)
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited June 2015
    Quartz movement. Picture on the way...
    42r91ax8gh7k.jpg
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Bump
    I bought this over the weekend after doing my taxes. It's no Rolex @Joey_V but the arm hair makes it look just as manly! ;)

hzecrd4hcvd1.jpg
    r9482enumleu.jpg

w00t!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • I have a nice Movado I don't wear (I won it/sales contest).
    I do have a few pocket watches, and way too many clocks for around the house.
    My wife makes me store most of em in a box in the garage now that we moved, but my office used to be wall to wall clocks, you could hear ticks in split second formats.
    Relaxing to some, maddening to others, then sometimes, a bit of both.
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Main - polkaudio Monitor 60's
    Center - polkaudio CSI A6
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Surrounds - polkaudio Monitor 40 series II
    Front Height - polkaudio Monitor 40's
    Audio Outdoors
    Pioneer VSX 406 - polkaudio Atrium 5
    Shed
    Sony junker str-dn2010 with Sony bookshelf floor models and polkaudio R150's
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Bump
    I bought this over the weekend after doing my taxes. It's no Rolex @Joey_V but the arm hair makes it look just as manly! ;)

hzecrd4hcvd1.jpg
    r9482enumleu.jpg

w00t!

Can't say I dont like it... as much as I hate u.

Cuz it actually looks good.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    I've got a few.

My favorite

4E43EA8C-51A3-4A82-9935-3DEA806F0422_zps4sc0f3b0.jpg
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • mrbiron
    I've only got a couple. The fossil, on the right, I bought 20 years ago while working a summer job @ $3 an hour. Put a new battery in it last month and it still ticks.

My watch budget is nonexistent so I buy beer budget watches as well. Maybe after my $2k per month daycare bill ends in 3 years will I consider moving up the ladder. For now, I'm content.

x1xbh4dfpyga.jpg
  • Joey_V
    Well I got nothing to add to this thread... No new acquisitions
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • mrbiron
    Can you just send me a photo of your arm sans watch? B)
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited February 2017
    https://youtu.be/3WOTuiBG9zg

I got nothing new either I did get a Fitbit Charge 2 gunmetal edition in the mail yesterday about as fancy as Mr Candy's Casio next to all the lovely time pieces you guys are displaying :#
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2017
    Dang it do I need a new watch to be part I the new club?

I be slackin
  • mrbiron
    I think you need one dem Flavor Flav neck straining jobbers. Rolex of course. Probably going to set you back...... a LOT ;)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    I've got a pocket watch somewhere in the house. I'll look for it and snap some picks.
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2017
    I wonder if pocket watches will ever make a comeback. I think it was popular before the advent of the wrist watch, no?
  • mrbiron
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I wonder if pocket watches will ever make a comeback. I think it was popular before the advent of the wrist watch, no?

Doubtful.
    Pocket real estate is at a premium with the likes of a wallet, change, keys, phone, pocket knife, etc...
    Add in a pocket watch and you might as well carry a purse.
  • Joey_V
    Got home from work, looked at my watch tray... Aaaaand I'm missing a Rolex and my Tag Silverstone.

Only 1 suspect.

Emma.
  • Better check for pawn tickets in the sandbox, Joey.
    Sal Palooza
  • Willow
    This is the one I have.

z6hnqmblz3cu.jpg
  • Willow
    Willow wrote: »
    This is the one I have.

z6hnqmblz3cu.jpg

There are a few styles of watch cases; check to see which yours is and open it up: http://www.pocketwatchrepair.com/how-to/open-pocketwatch-cases.php

The serial number will be on the back of the movement; enter it here and learn all about it: https://pocketwatchdatabase.com/search

Thank you will do as soon as kids are in bed
  • Willow
    Apparently it's not a very good one. Production was 1887 ish. Oh well still nice to have
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2017
    Dang it what a beautiful piece, the Rolex Daytona in steel with ceramic set in white dial.

What a beauty.

I asked my dealer yesterday how difficult would it be to source for me (since I am one of their clients). His response was "unfortunately even for you it would be very difficult."

gtqanllkenwn.jpeg

• Willow
    That is one slick lookin' watch for sure!!
  • mrbiron
    I asked my dealer yesterday how difficult would it be to source for me (since I am one of their clients). His response was "unfortunately even for you it would be very difficult due to lack of body hair."

Fixed!
  • Joey_V
    Willow wrote: »
    That is one slick lookin' watch for sure!!

Fo sho!
    I asked my dealer yesterday how difficult would it be to source for me (since I am one of their clients). His response was "unfortunately even for you it would be very difficult due to lack of body hair."

Fixed!

Jerk!!
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    I was going to say, that was an awesome picture of the Rolex whoever shot it.
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2017
    4b11a0xgnjzl.png

During my honeymoon... Still my favorite watch of my collection.

Stainless Daytona... Now how to finagle the new Daytona ceramic without the wife knowing...

Any ideas guys? @mrbiron ?
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2017
    Double post
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    I have idea.

But it merges your audio budget with your watch budget...

Hard pill to swallow.
  • mrbiron
    Chloroform......???
  • Willow
    edited February 2017
    Chloroform......???

New wife....?

Just tell her it's always had the ceramic then say shows how much you pay attention.... Then run and hide in that rel sub box until it is safe to come out.