FS: SDA SRS 1.2's

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Russ it's what your packin that counts

How did I miss this? Highly disturbing anyway you look at it. I don't want to know how you know what Russ is packin' ;)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    That's weird. As if they aren't tall enough already.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited February 2017
    Look at the top of the right speaker, there's another riser for that speaker.

Something going on with a few of the grill pegs on the right speaker as well.

You should know that the SRS are not the speaker the 1.2 or 1.2TL are.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    edited February 2017
    I like my soundstage to be in the ceiling.

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Nightfall wrote: »
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Russ it's what your packin that counts

How did I miss this? Highly disturbing anyway you look at it. I don't want to know how you know what Russ is packin' ;)

I don't it was a reference to myself :o
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    DIY attempt at an isolation platform or some way of leveling them for an uneven floor?
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Can anyone elaborate on the left speaker with the extra piece of wood on yhe bottom?xapgqyvwdtrs.jpg

I would bet one of two things:

They became water damaged at some point (probably in storage), which warped the base of one or both speakers.

Or, the base wood cap on one speaker split. I have seen this on a pair of SDA SRS I actually got some 1" walnut, and used the intact base from the other speaker as a template to craft a new base. Getting the stain just right was a PITA, but it looked great in the end - much better than the solution here;-)
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Did ya at least let em breathe and stretch their legs a bit?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Nightfall
    edited February 2017
    Did ya at least let em breathe and stretch their legs a bit?

One time I went up to 11:30 on the dial but aside from that one time, not really, I mostly listen at the loud side of moderate max. (Around 8:30 to 9 o'clock.)

• daddyjt
    edited February 2017
    Tahoe is gassed up, and we're heading out in the morning

CAN'T WAIT :smiley:
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Nightfall
    What is that, close to $5k? I hate to say it but I'd take it and give daddyjt $1,000 cash when he got here for his troubles.

• Nightfall
    edited February 2017
    Don't worry @daddyjt he's not about to pay $5,000 for a pair of SDA's. ;)

At least I'm mostly sure he's joking. :p

• dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    If he's not joking he can book a flight to Dallas and pick mine up for that amount. :)
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • daddyjt
    Don't worry @daddyjt he's not about to pay $5,000 for a pair of SDA's. ;)

At least I'm mostly sure he's joking. :p

I almost paid 5k for a pair of Watt Puppys a few years ago - very glad I didn't... :wink:

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Nightfall
    SOLD!

• daddyjt
    Drove the 540 miles today, and picked the speakers up this afternoon. They look absolutely gorgeous- I can't wait to fire them up at home.

It was great meeting Josh - he is awesome! I couldn't bring my dolly, as it wouldn't fit in the back for the trip home, with the speakers - so Josh went and rented one and then helped me load them. I only wish we had had a little more time.

As I side note, Josh's neighbors looked pretty happy that these monsters were moving out of his apartment :wink:

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Nightfall
    edited February 2017
    Good to meet you too. I hope we didn't tear the fabric on your backseats though. Your wife was NOT happy about that noise :#

I know you mostly post on the Carver site but I hope you stick around and post more often.

How was that pizza place? Have a safe trip back home tomorrow morning.

If anybody near Utah is looking for a pair of SRS, there will be a pair for sale soon there.

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Another successful Polkie road trip! You gotta love it.
  • daddyjt
    Good to meet you too. I hope we didn't tear the fabric on your backseats though. Your wife was NOT happy about that noise :#

I know you mostly post on the Carver site but I hope you stick around and post more often.

How was that pizza place? Have a safe trip back home tomorrow morning.

If anybody near Utah is looking for a pair of SRS, there will be a pair for sale soon there.

No worries on the seat - it's not damaged! Grimaldi's was excellent - best pizza in the world, IMHO.

I had to agree to sell my pair of original SDA SRS to acquire these - a great deal considering the history and quality of Josh's set, and not an unreasonable requirement from her, considering the ridiculous number of speakers I own. As previously mentioned, I'll probably be selling the Carver ALIII pair too.

I really enjoy this forum, and I spend a lot of time here, reading a variety of topics. I don't post as much as I'd like - still trying to fit in... great group here, and I'm here to stay :smile:

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    What's nice is the rings are powder coated, and a complete set of rings at that, the divers have dynamat, and have been JB welded..

For 1K you can't go wrong, the rest of the upgrades will seem like nothing...
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    Congrats to @daddyjt. :)

:( for some reason I was not getting the updates to this thread and didn't dig into the thread until today :o. I was still checking on plans for a trip to CO, lol. My loss, my bad, I had said if I don't reply in a day not to keep holding them. My bad, I should have dug deeper. But then again, the earliest I could have made it out was the first week of March, and I would have had to drive a LOT further. I chalk it up to not meant to be.

On the positive side I am less down the rabbit hole. On the negative side I still have visions of a carrot further down the hole.
  • daddyjt
    1976doc wrote: »
    Good to meet you too.

Please dont taunt us..... do tell more..

They are an original pair of SDA SRS that have had no upgrades whatsoever. I got them from the original owner who was using them in his airplane hanger/shop. They are in pretty good shape, but again, ZERO upgrades. At the time I got them, I had no idea the Pandora's box these things are :wink:

I was going to list them local for $800 and see what happens, but to a forum member I'd go $600...

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225
    @daddyjt, Where in Utah are you located?
  • Nightfall
    SLC

• daddyjt
    Just north of Salt Lake - Syracuse to be exact...

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• kmeek
    Well, I'd love to eventually get into a pair of SRS's but that would be a fairly long haul from Phoenix. :wink:
  • Nightfall
    I did Denver to Phoenix for 2B's, wimp.

• kmeek
    I did Denver to Phoenix for 2B's, wimp.

I like it!! You're hard core..... :smiley:
  • daddyjt
    I did Salt Lake to Tucson in one day... :neutral:

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn