FS: SDA SRS 1.2's

Comments

• la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,576
    edited February 2017
    At least they're staying in the family. Man they sure look fine wish they were mine.

On a side note, I'm thinking of trying your center channel trick with some 10's or 7's that I've got laying around.
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,758
    Did ya at least let em breathe and stretch their legs a bit?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,971
    edited February 2017
    Did ya at least let em breathe and stretch their legs a bit?

One time I went up to 11:30 on the dial but aside from that one time, not really, I mostly listen at the loud side of moderate max. (Around 8:30 to 9 o'clock.)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 971
    edited February 2017
    Tahoe is gassed up, and we're heading out in the morning

CAN'T WAIT :smiley:
    Too much stuff to keep track of.

Currently enjoying: Legacy Focus 20/20, McCormack DNA 225, Bill D C1, Oppo 105
    I'm 3 miles from the airport and have already stopped by the bank. I'm on the redeye to denver. I'm ready to make an offer that @nightfall can't refuse.
    What is that, close to $5k? I hate to say it but I'd take it and give daddyjt $1,000 cash when he got here for his troubles.

edited February 2017
    Don't worry @daddyjt he's not about to pay $5,000 for a pair of SDA's. ;)

At least I'm mostly sure he's joking. :p

• dkfreebirddkfreebird Posts: 1,099
    If he's not joking he can book a flight to Dallas and pick mine up for that amount. :)
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Fully modded with dreadnought
    Rogue Atlas Magnum
    Rogue Magnum 66
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers
    Home theater
    Marantz SR 5009 Sunfire Signature 425x5-B&W Cdm1nt Cdm Center Channel-Rel Strata iii sub
    Backups Polk Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 7c,2.3tl,3.1tl,SRS2 pin/blade,Polk Crs+ pin/blade with stands.McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino
    Get you some o that! How's the weather?
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Don't worry @daddyjt he's not about to pay $5,000 for a pair of SDA's. ;)

At least I'm mostly sure he's joking. :p

I almost paid 5k for a pair of Watt Puppys a few years ago - very glad I didn't... :wink:

SOLD!

Drove the 540 miles today, and picked the speakers up this afternoon. They look absolutely gorgeous- I can't wait to fire them up at home.

It was great meeting Josh - he is awesome! I couldn't bring my dolly, as it wouldn't fit in the back for the trip home, with the speakers - so Josh went and rented one and then helped me load them. I only wish we had had a little more time.

As I side note, Josh's neighbors looked pretty happy that these monsters were moving out of his apartment :wink:

edited February 2017
    Good to meet you too. I hope we didn't tear the fabric on your backseats though. Your wife was NOT happy about that noise :#

I know you mostly post on the Carver site but I hope you stick around and post more often.

How was that pizza place? Have a safe trip back home tomorrow morning.

If anybody near Utah is looking for a pair of SRS, there will be a pair for sale soon there.

• dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,175
    Another successful Polkie road trip! You gotta love it.
    Good to meet you too. I hope we didn't tear the fabric on your backseats though. Your wife was NOT happy about that noise :#

I know you mostly post on the Carver site but I hope you stick around and post more often.

How was that pizza place? Have a safe trip back home tomorrow morning.

If anybody near Utah is looking for a pair of SRS, there will be a pair for sale soon there.

No worries on the seat - it's not damaged! Grimaldi's was excellent - best pizza in the world, IMHO.

I had to agree to sell my pair of original SDA SRS to acquire these - a great deal considering the history and quality of Josh's set, and not an unreasonable requirement from her, considering the ridiculous number of speakers I own. As previously mentioned, I'll probably be selling the Carver ALIII pair too.

I really enjoy this forum, and I spend a lot of time here, reading a variety of topics. I don't post as much as I'd like - still trying to fit in... great group here, and I'm here to stay :smile:

• Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 14,242
    What's nice is the rings are powder coated, and a complete set of rings at that, the divers have dynamat, and have been JB welded..

For 1K you can't go wrong, the rest of the upgrades will seem like nothing...
  • pkquatpkquat Posts: 659
    Congrats to @daddyjt. :)

:( for some reason I was not getting the updates to this thread and didn't dig into the thread until today :o. I was still checking on plans for a trip to CO, lol. My loss, my bad, I had said if I don't reply in a day not to keep holding them. My bad, I should have dug deeper. But then again, the earliest I could have made it out was the first week of March, and I would have had to drive a LOT further. I chalk it up to not meant to be.

On the positive side I am less down the rabbit hole. On the negative side I still have visions of a carrot further down the hole.
    1976doc wrote: »
    Good to meet you too.

Please dont taunt us..... do tell more..

They are an original pair of SDA SRS that have had no upgrades whatsoever. I got them from the original owner who was using them in his airplane hanger/shop. They are in pretty good shape, but again, ZERO upgrades. At the time I got them, I had no idea the Pandora's box these things are :wink:

I was going to list them local for $800 and see what happens, but to a forum member I'd go $600...

• kmeekkmeek Posts: 225
    @daddyjt, Where in Utah are you located?
    SLC

Just north of Salt Lake - Syracuse to be exact...

Well, I'd love to eventually get into a pair of SRS's but that would be a fairly long haul from Phoenix. :wink:
    I did Denver to Phoenix for 2B's, wimp.

I did Denver to Phoenix for 2B's, wimp.

I like it!! You're hard core..... :smiley:
    I did Salt Lake to Tucson in one day... :neutral:

It sucked though...

• Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 14,242
    Why don't you guys try to meet in the middle?? It's not that much of a haul that way..
    1976doc wrote: »

At the time I got them, I had no idea the Pandora's box these things are :wink:

Please explain[/quote]

Tweeter upgrades, rings, Dynamat, binding post plates, interconnect cable, crossover upgrades, and dreadnoughts.

It is very easy to surpass the cost of the speakers themselves, with just a few upgrades... not a complaint mind you, just an observation:-)

Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Why don't you guys try to meet in the middle?? It's not that much of a haul that way..

Vegas baby!!!