Emma's speakers

Options

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,519
    Options
    What are people's thoughts on Aragon 8008? The newest versions?

TAS review Aragon 8008
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I guess if I go with a Rotel integrated, I might as well get an SVS SB13U instead of the money going to an amp?

LOL... nope.... but your wife some more shoes, nice ring, more earrings....

Grease those rails for your next audio purchase.....

Dang it!!

That way you can buy 2 of those 16" SVS subs lol...

I kinda like your style..
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    What are people's thoughts on Aragon 8008? The newest versions?

TAS review Aragon 8008

One company I need to stop by their headquarters just because they are in town.

I think their stuff looks pretty cool, but not sure how it compares to the Aragon of old.
    I guess if I go with a Rotel integrated, I might as well get an SVS SB13U instead of the money going to an amp?

LOL... nope.... but your wife some more shoes, nice ring, more earrings....

Grease those rails for your next audio purchase.....

Dang it!!

That way you can buy 2 of those 16" SVS subs lol...

I kinda like your style..

I do what I can
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options

Dude.....juice box.....electricity, putting something of high current out on the floor in the open, your asking for a catastrophe to happen.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Modwright KWI 200 integrated
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Paradoxex
    Options
    There is always a question of how much of a difference she will be able to tell between a nice amp and those being quoted here - getting her a very high quality amp now just steals part of what everyone calls "the journey" later on.

I honestly can't tell if the ulterior motive is for daddy to get gear he can co-opt later, or we really think she might need a $4k-$8k amp (discounting the D'Agostino gear). I would just really wonder if she's going to get much extra enjoyment from the many thousands put into the amp.

Then there's the cables - what's the damage there?

Just saying...it's like climbing a mountain. You get into it by climbing hills, then small mountains, etc. If someone just plants you up on Mount McKinley, you lose a lot of that learning experience.
  • Joey_V
    edited December 2016
    Options
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    halo wrote: »
    Joey, you think you're so slick! Bringing another set of speakers in the house "for Emma."

Way to get around the objections of the wife! lol.

Make sure you bring in some top notch gear to drive those babies. Dream big my friend and execute!

I have initiated talks with this guy.... Nothing is set yet but would be sweet to acquire a super amp.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-classe-omega-mono-amplifiers-2016-12-10-amplifiers-98102-seattle-wa

I can store them here if you send the check.... Fine with me.

@WagnerRC

I probably would so you can stash them while I figure out how to break it to the wife, Bob...
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Why not get her some tube amps? If you are going to give a toddler something she can harm herself with, why not go for 3rd degree burns...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Why not get her some tube amps? If you are going to give a toddler something she can harm herself with, why not go for 3rd degree burns...

Ohhh come now, John. He should get some Atma-spheres with the safety cage on them......
  • Joey_V
    Options

Not lol
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    Options
    Was thinking Ayon Audio myself. Nothing says daddy loves you like a couple dozen glowing KT150's...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Joey, here's how to kill 2 birds with one stone"

For Ms. Emma, a Naim Supernait 2 integrated amp (it comes with a remote !)

https://www.naimaudio.com/product/supernait-2

Then, if/when Mrs. Joey gives you "The Look", you tell her, "Don't worry, Sweetie, I have a Naim system for you, too. It's out in the driveway".

...... then you have her cover her eyes, you help her outside, then reveal to her her new Naim system !
    (It doesn't come with a remote, but it does come with a Bentley Bentayga).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpP9XYlexBc

..... and everybody's happy. :D
    Sal Palooza
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Joey, here's how to kill 2 birds with one stone"

For Ms. Emma, a Naim Supernait 2 integrated amp (it comes with a remote !)

https://www.naimaudio.com/product/supernait-2

Then, if/when Mrs. Joey gives you "The Look", you tell her, "Don't worry, Sweetie, I have a Naim system for you, too. It's out in the driveway".

...... then you have her cover her eyes, you help her outside, then reveal to her her new Naim system !
    (It doesn't come with a remote, but it does come with a Bentley Bentayga).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpP9XYlexBc

..... and everybody's happy. :D

Daaaang.... I Know someone near me has a La Ferrari and I've seen a Bentley Mulsanne... But this would be up there.

Talk about baller...

Can this be leased and can I slap it against my 1099 tax deduction??

>:)

Wait... Don't get any ideas Joey...
  • Joey_V
    Options
    On second thought... @mrbigbluelight ...

I just checked the msrp.

That's the worst idea on this thread.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options

How about this, you buy whatever the hell you want, bring it home and slam it down on the kitchen table while death staring your wife in the eyes. Once her ears stop ringing, whisper this subtly, "I'll remove your organs when you sleep".
    (During the pause, you pop an alka seltzer preparing for her response.)

When she responds "what?" You pick your head up, foaming at the mouth, scream "I F'n love you" grab your box and scamper up to your room crying like a "B".

That'll teach her!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Joey_V
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »

How about this, you buy whatever the hell you want, bring it home and slam it down on the kitchen table while death staring your wife in the eyes. Once her ears stop ringing, whisper this subtly, "I'll remove your organs when you sleep".
    (During the pause, you pop an alka seltzer preparing for her response.)

When she responds "what?" You pick your head up, foaming at the mouth, scream "I F'n love you" grab your box and scamper up to your room crying like a "B".

That'll teach her!

Now THATS the worst idea ever.

Congratulations @mrbiron ... Another most memorable comment from you. The last one was when you said my strads were in a burning truck.

I'll remember this... I'll remember you.......
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options

Congratulations @mrbiron ... Another most memorable comment from you. The last one was when you said my strads were in a burning truck.

Bahaha....I hope you know this is all in jest, if you couldn't tell.
    I'd drink a beer with ya!

But i still wanted those Strads to burn! :smirk:
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Joey_V
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »

Bahaha....I hope you know this is all in jest, if you couldn't tell.
    I'd drink a beer with ya!

But i still wanted those Strads to burn! :smirk:

Daaang u bastage!!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    That is hilarious! Sig material at it's finest, Fred.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    Joey, you think you're so slick! Bringing another set of speakers in the house "for Emma." Yeah, my dad bought me a Lionel Train for my first Christmas in 1938. I still have it in pristine condition boxes.
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • befuddle
    befuddle Posts: 126
    Options
    Wow!! I guess its just me that thinks putting a 5000+ stereo system in a 3 year olds bedroom would be excessive absurdity! And even posting the idea to be incredibly pretentious!..At that age shed probably get more enjoyment from playing with the boxes!
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Loved me some boxes as a kid! Heck I still play with them :open_mouth:
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    Loved me some boxes as a kid! Heck I still play with them :open_mouth:

Youre not talking about the cardboard kind are you?
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,031
    Options
    befuddle wrote: »
    Wow!! I guess its just me that thinks putting a 5000+ stereo system in a 3 year olds bedroom would be excessive absurdity! And even posting the idea to be incredibly pretentious!..At that age shed probably get more enjoyment from playing with the boxes!

I never can' imagine a kid plays Barney and Friends on that system.. :smile:

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options

Go back and read the fist post carefully. It's not for the bedroom, it's for the game room. So see, not excessive or pretentious at all.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • befuddle
    befuddle Posts: 126
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Oh!...well my apologies then,But might i suggest a high end screening room if you haven't got one already,Nothing will provide the magic more for a child at that age then a 6 foot Nimo [or whatever] floating in 3d in front of her,and she'll likely appreciate the entertainment value for the duration of her stay with you
  • Joey_V
    Options

I'm sure we know that these speakers are as much dad's as it is hers.

And having a set of speakers that are purchased with the kid in mind does not preclude her from being a kid and enjoying things every kid does.

They are not mutually exclusive.
  • Paradoxex
    Options
    A lot of the enthusiasm is in the fact that Joey has said at least once, maybe multiple times to his adoring wife that we was done purchasing sound equipment for the year. Despite that, he's managed to snag some top of the line cables and now these incredible speakers before 2017 even begins.

You could be forgiven for misreading the thread though - it wasn't abundantly clear transparent what the original intentions for the SF speakers were.