Latest Netflix find

I'd like this thread to be dedicated strictly to Netflix. Perhaps it will help others find shows.

My latest find is for the kids:
Called Beat Bugs:
"an animated series featuring renditions of the Fab Four’s songs"
http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/netflix-beatles-beat-bugs-original-1201702121/

It's cute, not violent geared towards 4-7 years old I'd say.

I'm looking for show ideas for the kids and for my wife and I

What have you recently discovered?

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    Right now we are on episode 4 of American odyssey it's OK nothing great or bing watch worthy but it kills an hour.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,937
    I agree beat bugs is good fun.

The wife and I are actually really enjoying Jane the Virgin. I think the tele novella concept is hilarious...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Planet Earth. Great for the whole family.
  • Willow
    I know there are other threads like what are you watching but I wanted one about Netflix.
    Our kids also really like Mia and Me. It's about fairies and unicorns.
    I've watched Cocaine Cowboys, all three of them after watching Narcos. To find out escobar wasn't as big as people think he is. There are others who were bigger dealers and more violent.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    when it first came out I watch every Bogart film then Jimmy Stewart's etc.. and lots of Japanese & Korea films ...I discovered a whole new world of Movies I would otherwise never had seen.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,306
    Maybe this is too obvious, but Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch is amazing. Fun, witty, and extremely well acted and written.

The Imitation Game, also with BC, is a very good movie and is also available on Netflix.

Right now I am watching The Roman Empire, which is a mixture of documentary and drama. Interesting if you like history.
  • Willow
    Been thinking about Roman empire wife wanted a break from that type of show.
  • Willow
    We've been watching rectify, only on season 1 e3 . Not bad so far.
  • rooftop59
    I really like rectify, we are about to start season 3. It's not fast paced, the the characters and story development are excellent!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • Willow
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    I really like rectify, we are about to start season 3. It's not fast paced, the the characters and story development are excellent!

Ok so its not just me who thought it wasn't fast paced but with that storyline I totally get why it shouldn't be.
  • rooftop59
    edited December 2016
    It just gets better, but there are some really slow moments. It's definitely more like a good novel than most shows, and there are no stupid tricks or fireworks to keep you interested, just a great plot and characters...
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,942
    My question is.... when is The Doctor coming back to Netflix???
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Willow wrote: »
    I know there are other threads like what are you watching but I wanted one about Netflix.
    Our kids also really like Mia and Me. It's about fairies and unicorns.
    I've watched Cocaine Cowboys, all three of them after watching Narcos. To find out escobar wasn't as big as people think he is. There are others who were bigger dealers and more violent.

I love Mia and Me. Started out expecting to barely like it, and did it just for our 5 year old.

Turns out we ALL love the ongoing story, and how the show, while for kids, does not try to be overly kid seeming.
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    My question is.... when is The Doctor coming back to Netflix???

...along with.."ax men", "Pawn stars"...and a dozen others.....!
  • Willow
    Yesterday I watched a documentary on Hendrix. The sound and video wasn't the best but still very interesting none the less. Unfortunately I can't remember the title right now at work.
  • rooftop59
    I have really enjoyed all the Marvel series. I am almost done with Luke Cage. Jessica Jones is the best I think. The second season of DareDevil started off really strong but then fizzled out a bit, but still worth watching.

The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is hilarious.
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Peaky blinders with Gillian Murphy was the best show ever made, check it. Narcos is amazing, top boy was another amazing drama, Sherlock is awesome and cannot wait for the Christmas special story to get put up.
  • Willow
    Voodoo child is the one I watched.
  • ^^If you have not seen it Jimi Hendrix: 'Hear My Train A Comin’ I think is the best documentary.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Willow
    ^^If you have not seen it Jimi Hendrix: 'Hear My Train A Comin’ I think is the best documentary.

I have not. Is it on Netflix or will I need to use the www to find it?
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited December 2016
    Not on Netflix, it was on PBS as an installment of their American Masters Series ca 2014.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/film-jimi-hendrix-hear-my-train-a-comin-2/2756/
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Watched 2 movies yesterday on Netflix streaming.

The Imitation Game, which was quite phenomenal! It's the story of Alan Turing, the mathematician credited with breaking the German Enigma machines.

The Big Short, based on real life events of the 2008 sub-prime mortgage meltdown and stock market crash. It revolves around some groups of Wall Street people that foresaw the meltdown and bet it would all come tumbling down. This one as well was a great movie. Christian Bale, Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling and Brad Pitt (small part) all had great performances. I liked how they took time to explain various things (documentary-like) such as sub-prime mortgages, Credit Default Swaps and other Wallstreet lingo. I particularly enjoyed the "Now here's Margot Robbie in a bubble bath to explain...."
    No excuses!
  • I have one more episode of "The OA" to watch...this has been an excellent series, very well done and a awesome story. I have a feeling I am going to be left wanting more after I finish this thing up tonight.
    k9selym3ogk3.jpg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    I really like Forever Strong, it's about a spoiled who gets in some legal trouble, and goes to play rugby for a rival team as his community service. Based on a true story, great story, feel good film, but a bit cheesy.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • Willow
    I have one more episode of "The OA" to watch...this has been an excellent series, very well done and a awesome story. I have a feeling I am going to be left wanting more after I finish this thing up tonight.
    k9selym3ogk3.jpg

We watched the first episode and it was just OK. Not sure if we will continue.
    We've been watching Medici. It's OK too I find the video very good the sound is mixed. The voices are low but music is very loud.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    The Big Short ... I liked how they took time to explain various things (documentary-like) such as sub-prime mortgages, Credit Default Swaps and other Wallstreet lingo. I particularly enjoyed the "Now here's Margot Robbie in a bubble bath to explain...."

Fantastic how they did the cut-always to explain things! I don't know about you Strongbad, but I couldn't tell you a darn thing Margot Robbie explained in that scene. :#
  • Willow
    I need some new shows. Started watching the crown spent most of my time surfing my phone.
  • Netflix is @ most times a snooze fest.

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Willow wrote: »
    I need some new shows. Started watching the crown spent most of my time surfing my phone.

I talked Mark into watching The Crown, and he felt the same way until about the 2-3rd episode then he really got into it, we both did. I can't wait till season two.

But I forget you are Canadian, and probably have more knowledge about what happened during those early years then we Americans do.

I have a friend in Toronto who when I told her I was binging on it, told me that she couldn't get into it, because she can see the made up bits of it and it aggravates her. LOL.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • rooftop59
    have you seen Damages? I think its one of the better series on tv in the last 5-10 years (especially if you don't count premium cable). Excellent show, Glenn Close is amazing, and its on Netflix.

Also, The Killing is very good. Netflix produced the last season, and it's definitely the best, but I really enjoyed all four seasons.

Dexter is another of my favorites.

If you like comedies, I think Master of None is very well done.

I could go on, but is this for Netflix exclusives, or anything on Netflix???
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1