Latest Netflix find

Comments

• I agree Damages was excellent as was the Killing.

Another Netflix original that I really liked was The Ranch. The pace of the story is very odd, and the one liners are forced, but after the characters are developed the show feels more sincere. By the third episode I was hooked and it has become my favorite Netflix show thus far.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    We did the killing last year and of course dexter , might check out damages.
    My wife really likes the crown. I'll continue just in case.
  • Willow
    We've put the Queen on hold while we watch The Fall. Interesting and a little twisted.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,306
    I am several episodes into The Frontier, which just got added to Netflix. Pretty good show starring Jason Momoa (aka Khal Drogo, soon to be aka Aquaman). He plays a ruthless trapper, half Irish and half Indian, and he has good reason to hate the British who control the territory.

It's from Canadian TV, I believe, and is about the fur trading wars between the Hudson Bay Co. and several other outfits trying to take over their territory. Lots of fighting, and infighting, and better than I am making it sound.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,297
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned House of Cards -- outstanding political drama that plays it pretty much down the middle... and Kevin Spacy is superb. Probably the best fiction series I've seen on Netflix.

If you are into vampires/ware wolfs, and are not turned off by sex and gore, Hemlock Grove is pretty interesting as well.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Willow
    Hoc is a given, we just need it to come back
  • andrew82
    andrew82 Posts: 144
    I started and finished the show Versailles a few weeks ago. Pretty great show, in the vein of other period dramas, but a nice dose of house of cards and some good acting.

For those of you that watch the show Vikings, the actor who plays Louis XIV also portrays the priest Athelstan in Vikings.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    Anybody watch Red Oak yet? We are into it 5 or 6 episodes and so far, it's a freakin' hoot! There is a trailer on you tube somewhere if you are interested.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • andrew82
    andrew82 Posts: 144
    @treitz3 I'm a BIG fan of Red Oaks. The second season is even better, glad to hear that you're enjoying it!

Amazon is doing some great stuff with their web series and (now) movies (e.g. Manchester By The Sea).
  • treitz3
    Oh, shoot. I forgot that one was on Amazon! My bad. I know this is a Netflix thread....I simply forgot that it was on Amazon (you have to be a Prime member). I apologize about the confusion.

I'll have to check out Manchester by the Sea.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Oh, shoot. I forgot that one was on Amazon! My bad. I know this is a Netflix thread....I simply forgot that it was on Amazon (you have to be a Prime member). I apologize about the confusion.

I'll have to check out Manchester by the Sea.

Tom
    Btw, Manchester by the Sea was produced by Amazon Studios, and is still in theaters.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Brilliant movie! Casey Affleck deserves serious consideration for best actor Oscar. One of the best movies
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    . . . I've seen in the last few years.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,287
    I have been digging Narcos and Shameless lately.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Willow
    Narcos is good. If you like documentaries, watch Cocaine Cowboys 1 and 2. The real Queen of Cocaine makes escobar look like a wimp!
  • treitz3
    We just put Narcos on our "to watch" list. How many stars out of 5 would you guys rate Narcos? Worthwhile?

Tom
  • Willow
    I'd give it 4*
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,297
    Just binge-watched half of Santa Clarita Diet last night. Outstanding dark comedy, as long as you are not turned off by some gore. Very different role for Olyphant as well. Will be watching the other half tonight.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Just started watching Frequency
  • erniejade
    treitz3 wrote: »
    We just put Narcos on our "to watch" list. How many stars out of 5 would you guys rate Narcos? Worthwhile?

Tom
    I give it 4.5. Warning, lots of subtitles. My wife was funny while I was watching it. She said I haven't see you read that much in years LOL

Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Willow
    We finished watching the Fall. All in all it was decent. Not amazing but good. First 2 seasons were the best. Third is OK.
    We tried watching Santa Clarita diet wtf was that. One episode and what a waste of my life. We started Black Mirror. It's just OK. I'll give the second episode a chance but not looking good.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,937
    Certain episodes of black mirror aren't great; others are amazing. It's kind of a modern twilight zone. Every episode is different. Episode 2 of season one is really good, as is episode 1 of season 3. You can skip around...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Certain episodes of black mirror aren't great; others are amazing. It's kind of a modern twilight zone. Every episode is different. Episode 2 of season one is really good, as is episode 1 of season 3. You can skip around...

I wish there were more episodes. I found the Xmas one and season 3 to be the best overall season wise.
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    "Frequency" *the series* is very good. At first I was a bit put off by the main idea, but now love it, being on episode 7!~
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Schitt's Creek. It's soooo bad it's funny.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Ricardo
    edited February 2017
    Narcos was so so. If you want the real thing, watch "Pablo Escobar El Patron del mal". Great if you speak Spanish, Not sure how good the subtitles are.

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    erniejade wrote: »
    I have been digging Narcos and Shameless lately.

For me, Shameless is one of the greatest shows i've ever watched.
    If you like pure dysfunction of course.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • erniejade
    A few times when Frank goes on his rants, my wife and I looked at each other and said that is just like your mom ( wifes). I am just starting with season 4. I just can't stop watching it!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Oh, you are in for a real treat if you stick with it!

All of the characters have their own little quirks which make them all unique.

I watch it on Showtime so i am current. Can't wait for the next season!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Ricardo
    Started watching shameless last night. On episode 12. Hate myself for liking it....It's really depressing.

SOPA