Christmas in July...

Options
2»

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,523
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    Congrats Joey! It's nice to have some system synergy going on!

Emm + Cary + Boulder
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Gotta say... As I get to know the Emm Dac2x (half the stack), it is such a nice upgrade. As good as the Cary 306 SACD was, it just can't compete with the air around instruments, the micro details, palpability and roundness to the instruments.

Easiest to explain... Listening to The Weeknd, track 12: Dark Times.

Cary just doesn't capture the soundstage depth... It's so easy to hear the rear of the stage, it sounds more voluminous and 3D on the Emm. The bass and all instruments sound better. The voice is pulled forward and more palpable.

Two thumbs up. No regrets and no remorse.

Good job. Nothing beats a good file player, especially if it also handles SACD files.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    I still would like to know which speakers are delivering all of this sonic bliss to your ears @Joey_V

Please comment :smile:
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    I still would like to know which speakers are delivering all of this sonic bliss to your ears @Joey_V

It seems Joey may have new ones? We neeeeed to know! You can't keep us in suspense.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    Options
    Joey got the ear speakers - Cables directly hooked to the ear lobe. Can't beat that for efficiency. >:)
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • mikeyb128
    Options
    megasat16 wrote: »
    Joey got the ear speakers - Cables directly hooked to the ear lobe. Can't beat that for efficiency. >:)

Probably installed them himself, while his wife held the mirror! :wink:
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Joey_V
    Options

I ended up buying 2 pairs of speakers in an effort to find the sound.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • halo
    Options

That's great! Which 2 pairs of speakers did you buy for yourself?
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Joey_V
    edited July 2016
    Options

That's great! Which 2 pairs of speakers did you buy for yourself?

All will be revealed very shortly... After I make sure I'm not changing them any more lol

I was getting annoyed with myself that I had several pairs come through the house in my effort to find the one
  • halo
    Options
    All will be revealed very shortly... After I make sure I'm not changing them any more lol

I was getting annoyed with myself that I had several pairs come through the house in my effort to find the one
    No offense Joey; but if we had to wait for you to decide on equipment or speakers that'd be in permanent residence in your listening room before you reveal what it is, we'd be waiting a very long time :)

In all sincerity, I hippie you are enjoying whatever combination it is that you have. Don't get hung up on what stays and what doesn't. That's the way this audio enthusiast thing goes. We buy, we try, we sell, we buy, we try, we sell. I don't know that it ever ends or is considered complete. YMMV
  • brianle
    brianle Posts: 572
    Options
    I saw 802 d3 in one of his cable posts before lol
  • Joey_V
    Options
    brianle wrote: »
    I saw 802 d3 in one of his cable posts before lol

LIES!!!

You saw nothing... it could be a trick
  • mikeyb128
    Options
    Joeys heart lies with the Bowers, and I'm glad you found your sound. It's a great feeling!
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    True be told...if I had your money, I would piss off the Mrs with how often I'd swap cars and speakers. WAIT, that already is the case with speakers! LOL!

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Joey_V
    Options
    WLDock wrote: »
    True be told...if I had your money, I would piss off the Mrs with how often I'd swap cars and speakers. WAIT, that already is the case with speakers! LOL!

Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm tapped out for the rest of 2016 with regards to audio...

hahahaha

• mikeyb128
    Options

Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm tapped out for the rest of 2016 with regards to audio...

hahahaha

I've said that about ten times this year hahaha
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• Joey_V
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

hahahaha

I've said that about ten times this year hahaha

Hahhaa... it's for real now for me. hahahahaha
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaha
    Ha
  • Joey_V
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaha
    Ha

its not funny russ
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    ;) I go through the same thing every couple of years. I change gear more than my bloomers for a stretch until i find that "sound". Then I leave it alone for a while and just enjoy.
    Hahahahahoohoooheeeheehee.
    Shadooby.