Bad start to my day, thanks ups!

Comments

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    Okay, I'm ignoring my own advice, but ..... in the other thread, you mentioned that the seller had put a PAIR of Martin Logan Summits in ONE BOX !! with nothing on the bottom !!
    Around 200 pounds of relatively fragile speakers in a BOX ?!?!

Okay, you didn't know that this sellers version of "Secure Packing" was from another planet with lower gravity.
    But, as F1 mentioned and TX illustrated with amp packing, perhaps in the future you could have the seller send you pictures of how he packed your item(s) BEFORE shipping ?
    4 or 5 or 6 pics to give you assurance that "Secure Packing" means just that.
    If you approve, then the deal goes through. If not, then the deal is cancelled.

I mean, shipping a pair of Summits in a BOX ? Cheese and crackers !

Meanwhile, go ahead and ship those speakers to me, put in your claim with whomever, and I'll share your grief.
    Sal Palooza
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I had a 6900. That does not look like the McIntosh Packing.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Even if people don't like the McIntosh sound, the stock boxes are heavy duty and do not allow movement on top of heavy padding. My 402 actually bolts down to a sheet of wood!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    So what is damaged?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    You having the Amp shipped to the UPS hub was it no your intentions to inspect the package why would you just walk away with out inspecting the package?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited July 2016
    Actually once the piece is on the truck for delivery it's pretty safe in most cases. I'd say (based on what my friend says who is a UPS driver) most damage is at the hubs and during transfer. It's rare that a driver would cause damage, possible? sure. But most damage happens early on in the journey.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Actually once the piece is on the truck for delivery it's pretty safe in most cases. I'd say (based on what my friend says who is a UPS driver) most damage is at the hubs and during transfer. It's rare that a driver would cause damage, possible? sure. But most damage happens early on in the journey.

H9

Has anyone ever told you that you talk a lot of crap? If not then ... Your just spouting utter nonsense because I seen a driver smash up a pair of Martin Logan by throwing them off the truck and onto a dolly upside down despite the factory boxes being clearly marked on the orientation. Just because you spoke to one individual driver means nothing.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    All I know PFB is that I have not purchased a single piece of my systems locally. 80% of it was 2nd or 3rd hand. I ship and receive servers(50-70lbs) and CCTV video equipment back and forth and all over from US/CA., with only a couple claims and those were racking hardware.

So you are either FOS or just plain careless in the handling of your business.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited July 2016
    You want to put my credibility against yours PFB? Re-read, I said in most instances. Of course things like that can happen, but a good majority of the damage happens before the items are on the truck.

Perhaps me saying "it's rare" was incorrect. So let's say it can happen, but not often.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Can anyone pass the popcorn?
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • mrbigbluelight
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Forum fight! Forum fight!! Wooooo!!

ldVq1.gif?c=popkey-web&p=thechive&i=thechive&l=direct&f=.gif
    Sal Palooza
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640

Clearly fake...no skinny jeans.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • mrbigbluelight
    :)

We'll now interrupt our conversation with a brief word from our sponsors, "The Seekers".

....... okay, they're not really our sponsors, but have I ever mentioned that I've had a crush on Judith Durham since I was 14 ? Voice of an angel, then and now. What a lovely person.

I'd crawl through a mile of glass just to have her ....... uhm ...... autograph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ditgnGlYMXE
    Sal Palooza
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Well speakers arrived smashed up too!

And I'm going to guess you had those shipped to your house, or picked them up at the store but didn't open them till you got home right...

OMG your sooooo lame? Your sense of humor makes me want jump off a bridge wearing beats head phones shouting BLM!

So tempting.......would you also be wearing skinny jeans?
  • footwedge
    footwedge Posts: 475
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

Clearly fake...no skinny jeans.

Need still shots of the green and black shorts.

• Beta
    Beta Posts: 267
    edited July 2016
    erniejade wrote: »
    the stock boxes are heavy duty and do not allow movement on top of heavy padding. My 402 actually bolts down to a sheet of wood!

That was my experience as well erniejade. Mine came triple boxed and was bolted down on to thick plywood that was reinforced by 2 x 2s or 2 x 4s in the inner most box. The inside of the two inner boxes also had spray molded hardened foam that was encased in plastic wrap.

I asked the entity I bought my amp from that I was prepared to pay more for packaging, if necessary. No one wants to waste money, but when it comes to having a 100lb amp shipped to me, I'd rather pay a little extra than have an unpleasant surprise. Lastly, I had my amp shipped to my local FedEx store.

Sorry this happened PFB.

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    I literally saw my UPS driver(s) drop a package(s) once a Yamaha receiver while getting out of truck. I was just coming out the door to meet him.... When i purchased it i asked the seller to pack it better & i paid him extra. I got on PP acct & sent him more $$$. That pkg fell 3 ft to the ground. I wasnt to happy. The good thing is where it was packaged right it did NO damage what so ever. If you ask me communication as soon OR before you buy something is the best was to assure you get your item damage free. Everyone pizz's n moans about shipping charges & how stupid fast your gonna get it. Id rather get it safe & im not gonna loose sleep if its 2/3 weeks. I got speakers here from Colorado & Arizona. I sure da heck aint gonna drive to Colorado for 130-200 dollars & shat i never took my slippers off.
    Randy/Maine
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    I've seen damage happen just about anywhere in the shipping chain. I once had both forks of a lift penetrate through the back and front of a commercial standup cooler destroying the whole unit. They never came close to getting under it on the pallet. I never understood that one.

PFB does have a shipping curse in effect, but he does buy more than anyone on here too. I'm just glad that he isn't into high end turntables....
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    ...I seen...

zavRe.gif

HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    If the packing is good you will rarely see any damage from any of the carriers.

Obviously the packaging for these items left a little to be desired if they all arrived damaged.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Not again
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    You should have the seller email you pictures of how its packed before money is sent!
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    All is not lost - get a replacement glass from McIntosh. And....learn from this experience.
    [
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    heiney9 wrote: »

H9

WRONG I watch our drivers UPS-FEDex daily get PO'd at boxes and start kicking and throwing them in the truck....I have even stated be very aware of your surrounding cause one of these days someone is going to record you doing this and your jod will be GONE...I have filmed them and turned it over to our UPS/FEDex rep. we got new drivers but it goes deep in the driver pool ....
  • Paradoxex
    Paradoxex Posts: 189
    The "based on what my friend says who is a UPS driver" detail is kind of an important qualifier when the question is who is damaging UPS packages...
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142

Wait... let's get back to a real issue. You have a version of this without the dudes, maybe with some mud too?
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    nice to see the BS posts alive and well. Opened box, dropped
    Mac, post a fairy tale on the boards................I've heard that meth use is at a all time high in the upper Midwest.