Bad start to my day, thanks ups!

Well I have a lovely smashed up Mcintosh thanks to the boys at ups! This time I even called them up and said.... Do not deliver this to my door as I am coming to pick this up myself. Well I just unboxed it and without even removing it I can see its all smashed up. I hope the rest of the day goes better with my super cheap speakers I snagged.

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Sorry to hear that. Must say though, you have more shipping issues than anyone I know, have you pissed off someone down there ? Maybe have the wife bake some cookies and bring it down to the guys, offer the driver something cold to drink next time you see him. Stuff like that goes a long way next time they see your name on a package.

.....and, if you constantly have issues with UPS, why do you keep using them ? Just sayin'.....hope the Mac situation gets resolved.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    Mac glass breaks. That's a fact of life.
    You ship it any other way than on a pallet,
    expect it to happen.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited July 2016
    All I can picture is the Optimum Unmovers ad right now... where they're rolling boxes down the stairs to determine what's in them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PS1R1dbBTw&sns=em

*skip ahead to about 1:30 in the video*

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Ups delivers residential at 6:37 am in Fargo? Most residential are in the afternoon and most business deliveries don't start until 8am ynless it's NDA, you got a pissed off driver if he had to make a delivery that early. If you are lucky your speakers will show up this afternoon in one piece, good luck.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    I picked the Mac up last night and opened it up this morn. Fedex is delivering the speakers and I got my fingers crossed. Spoke to the seller today and he is a good guy wanting to help and giving me options such as sending it in to mcintosh.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Why, did you forgo insurance again? This should be covered.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    mrbiron wrote: »

Because he needs the extra drama to spice up his life....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Again? Really? Maybe it's that bald eagle or whatever you saw that one that keeps wrecking your deliveries.
    I'm sorry to say I'm not surprised.
    It is unfortunate though.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Stupid is as stupid does.

They offer insurance for a reason. A buddy works for UPS and insurance claims are very hard to get covered as they have every excuse known to man as to why not pay.................but if you pick up at the terminal and open in front of them that's pretty hard to deny a claim.

Why didn't you open it right then and there in front of them knowing your track record?
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • polkfarmboy
    Because it is around 100 lbs and I am not going to wrestle a package like that open infront of them at the shipping hub.
  • polkfarmboy
    BTW , who said anything about insurance? I could claim every penny back from the seller anytime I wanted. It's also not my track record, it's theirs!
  • footwedge
    footwedge Posts: 475
    mrbiron wrote: »

Because he needs the extra drama to spice up his life....

Just wish he would keep it to himself.
  • heiney9
    Good luck to you PFB, hope it gets resolved.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • polkfarmboy
    Well speakers arrived smashed up too!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517

And I'm going to guess you had those shipped to your house, or picked them up at the store but didn't open them till you got home right...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • polkfarmboy

And I'm going to guess you had those shipped to your house, or picked them up at the store but didn't open them till you got home right...

OMG your sooooo lame? Your sense of humor makes me want jump off a bridge wearing beats head phones shouting BLM!
  • polkfarmboy
    Here is the picks for you sicko's to get a kick out of!

m8miy633znld.jpeg
    gubydt83bagd.jpeg
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    I once bought a pair of beats for the gym. They were terrible. I brought them back and went to Walmart, bought a pair of Panasonic blue ear buds that blew those beats out of the water. Lol
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    Here is the picks for you sicko's to get a kick out of!

QqMErEk.gif

cehbuh53z2l2.jpg

Fixed for you.

:)

Sal Palooza
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Who packs a heavy amp using bubble wrap!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• heiney9
    edited July 2016
    F1nut wrote: »
    Who packs a heavy amp using bubble wrap!?!

Someone that sells something to PFB.

I am speechless that one individual can have this many issues buying gear. Simply speechless..............................

Number one rule when buying expensive, hard to ship item: Find out how the eff it's going to be shipped. If it's not satisfactory to you, request to pay extra for better shipping practices, if still not satisfactory, then...................forget about the sale. PERIOD!

This whole playing dumb act is getting real old. Since you have a multitude of instances I would think YOU (PFB) of all people would insist on rock solid shipping parameters. If not, I don't feel sorry for you one bit.

Not one single bit.

H9
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    qmewtesazpqz.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Maybe PFB is part of an insurance scam ring?
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • polkfarmboy
    Yes yes yes MrB and I am also part of the shape shifting lizard cabal!
  • polkfarmboy
    They are there Red but here is an extra
  • polkfarmboy
    xbvfg93cjnpi.jpeg
    The bubble wrap is just extra and I removed the four iner foam corner inserts.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    maybe you should make a video of what not to do and post it on youtube.
    Refer all sellers to it.