• GSXSRT4
    GSXSRT4 Posts: 43
    No affiliation
    RT5000
    Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/262481705056
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    ^^Those are also on craigslist for 500.00, to much money^^
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • elitt
    elitt Posts: 162
    I agree but some pay for sharp corners
  • TCK
    TCK Posts: 231

SDA 1C's in Reading Pa for $400

http://reading.craigslist.org/ele/5634418352.html

- SDA 2B (1989, Oak Tops, 194s, Spikes)
    - Monitor 7B (1982 Peerless, Sonicaps, Mills, Dynamated, JB Welded, Binding Posts)
    - SVS SB12-NSD (2 in Flat Black)
    - SVS SB 3000 (Gloss Black)
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz MM 7055 (5 Ch Amp)
    - Pioneer PD-D6 SACD Player
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Sony UBP-X800M2 (4k Blu-ray)
    - Sony UBP-X1100ES (4K Blu-ray)
    - Adcom GFA 555
    - Monitor 5 (194s, Side Surrounds)
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s)
    - LG OLED65CXPUA (4K OLED TV)
    - LG 55UN7300PUF (4K HD TV)
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)
    - F/Xi A4 (Rear Surrounds)
    - RT25 (Rear Surrounds)
    - Audioquest Cables

" But boy do I remember the strain of her refrain " LG
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Somebody out that way needs to give these a good home...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Rex81
    Rex81 Posts: 193
    la2vegas wrote: »

Wow, best price I've ever seen for SRS2. That's a ton of sound per dollar. It's a great time to buy these beasts. Terrible time to sell...
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Rex81 wrote: »
    la2vegas wrote: »

Wow, best price I've ever seen for SRS2. That's a ton of sound per dollar. It's a great time to buy these beasts. Terrible time to sell...

That is one incredible price on those puppies. That is road trip material right there.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    LSi 7's for a somewhat ok price...

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/ele/5591472215.html
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Polk-Audio-SDA-2-Speakers-/201607003387?hash=item2ef0b6bcfb:g:dX8AAOSw9eVXXdEx

$99 for early SDA 2s. States inner tweet and mid driver on both don't work...leads me to believe they are just disconnected on the inside by a previous Polkie who know what they were doing. Local pickup in IL. No Affiliation.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    ^^^^^

the seller says they sound great but inner tweeter and midrange driver on both don't work :)

imagine how they would sound if they did ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • codycatalist
    @voltz Makes me wonder if someone before him disconnected them thinking they were the dimensional drivers/tweets. What's the chances BOTH speakers have the exact same drivers/tweets that went out. He also states that he doesn't have the IC so that could be why but I believe the outer most drivers and tweets are the dimensional.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    Plus if he is not familiar with the left and right setup the one pic of them side by side he has them reversed and that would put the dimensional to the inside.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • codycatalist
    @dkfreebird BAM, there you go. Pretty sure those are in working order, seems too convenient for the same exact drivers to go bad.

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    you have a good point.

when I got my CRS's it had 2 6510's in one speaker and the other wasn't wired right. He said he was never impressed by the CRS's and I now know why.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • codycatalist
    Makes me wonder if a Polkie had those SDA2s previously. It would be hard to imagine someone outside of the forum family to know that disconnecting the dimensional drivers would make the sound better.

I wonder if the cross overs have been upgraded =]

• Gunga
    Gunga Posts: 2
    Looks like it's got a 3 pin interconnect socket? I'm tempted...don't live far from Wheaton at all. But...I just picked up a pair of SDA 2B studio's a few weeks ago for $100. :) Alas, they're not nearly as nice cosmetically as this pair.
  • codycatalist
    Go for it @Gunga worst case you have a back up for spare parts.

• StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-SDA-1C-Speaker-Pair-/222157995541?hash=item33b9a5fe15:g:fHMAAOSw3YNXZe-y

Nice looking 1c's in Alabama, good price and the guy will drive 100 miles to meet up.
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • bls56
    bls56 Posts: 5
    The innermost drivers would be the outermost drivers if the original poster doesn't know his left from his right. From the bad info in his description, it's a possibility.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    @dkfreebird BAM, there you go. Pretty sure those are in working order, seems too convenient for the same exact drivers to go bad.

not unusual at all if magnet slipped....

• befuddle
    befuddle Posts: 126
    edited June 2016
    Reported [there's just nothing nice to say about that!]
  • codycatalist
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

not unusual at all if magnet slipped....

True, however the same exact drivers on either side...and tweeters? Especially when those exact ones are recommended to disconnect to get better sound.

Who knows though. Pure speculation.

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    SDA 1C speakers in Atlanta area at $550:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/ele/5665084736.html

No affiliation.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    I briefly spoke with the owner, these are still available. Nobody up North interested in a pair of 2.3TL's at a decent price?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/msg/5621543020.html
  • akajimmy
    akajimmy Posts: 50
    I briefly spoke with the owner, these are still available. Nobody up North interested in a pair of 2.3TL's at a decent price?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/msg/5621543020.html

If I had the cash, I would go for it. They are reasonably close to me.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    I paid $800 for mine and I believe they are worth every penny.
    Those look to be in good shape. I am surprised someone has not grabbed them.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    man TL's to boot got me spinning my wheels would be a 15hr round trip for me.....