Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Options
1…6667697172…259

Comments

  • TCK
    TCK Posts: 231
    Options
    - L200 Legends (Black Oak)
    - SDA 2B (1989, Oak Tops, 194s, Spikes)
    - Monitor 7B (1982 Peerless, Sonicaps, Mills, Binding Posts)
    - (2) SVS SB12-NSD (Flat Black)
    - SVS SB 3000 (Gloss Black)
    - CSi A6 Center (Cherry)
    - Pioneer SC-1222K (7.1 AVR)
    - Marantz MM 7055 (5 Ch Amp)
    - Pioneer PD-D6 SACD Player
    - Marantz NR1403 (5.2 AVR)
    - Sony UBP-X800M2 (4k Blu-ray)
    - Sony UBP-X1100ES (4K Blu-ray)
    - Adcom GFA 555 Amp
    - Monitor 5 (194s, Side Surrounds)
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s) {Storage}
    - LG OLED65CXPUA (4K OLED TV)
    - LG 55UN7300PUF (4K HD TV)
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - (2 Pair) RT25i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)
    - F/Xi A4 (Rear Surrounds)
    - RT25 (Rear Surrounds) {Storage}
    - Audioquest Interconnects
    - Blu-Jean Speaker Cables & Interconnects



    " But boy do I remember the strain of her refrain " LG
  • Mystery
    Mystery Posts: 2,546
    Options
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    Polk stands for SDA CRS. No affil. I don't have any idea if the price is good or not.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/25-Tall-Vintage-Polk-Audio-SDA-Compact-Reference-Speaker-Stands-/331839004335?nav=SEARCH

    Way too high.
    Thst price is with the speakers.
    But there will be a sucker who wants them bad plus these are hard to come by so good for the seller

    Klipsch RB81, KG3.5, B&W DM602.5, Polk.
    Subwoofers: Klipsch RW10, Triad ProSub Bronze.
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,115
    Options
    Saw this on eBay this weekend. Didn't know they had these:

    Vintage Polk Audio SDA Non-Common Ground Amplifier Interface In Original Box!

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/401114041413?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&fromMakeTrack=true
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

    Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

    Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,758
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Chi town polkies, if you need them. No affiliation. http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ele/5566880070.html
    Looks like the fuse is missing. Interesting description

    Randy-Maine
    2ch-RTA15tl crossover upgrade
    by David WMG
    Yamaha cr1000 cr2040
    HT-Yamaha Parasound Acurus
    MIT BJC Cs1000p Polk Rotation
  • elitt
    elitt Posts: 167
    Options
    who grabbed the OEM A1 interface at the 'buy it now' price on ebay!? solid score!
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,123
    Options
    I have one as well, still in the box.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

    Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

    Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,758
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Maybe the missing fuse will open the door for a lower offer.
    Sure they will sound better than he described lol

    Randy-Maine
    2ch-RTA15tl crossover upgrade
    by David WMG
    Yamaha cr1000 cr2040
    HT-Yamaha Parasound Acurus
    MIT BJC Cs1000p Polk Rotation
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 470
    Options
    boston1450 wrote: »
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Maybe the missing fuse will open the door for a lower offer.
    Sure they will sound better than he described lol

    I'd be more curious about the two different PRs ...
    <3 my 3.1TLs

    I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    ^^ thats a steal! ^^ If those were around me I might even bite on 2.3tls for that!!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

    Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's






  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,083
    Options
    @tonyb $650 for 2.3TL's - hop in your car!
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

    Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Unknown
    Options
    This content has been removed.
  • oldmodman
    oldmodman Posts: 740
    Options
    Lets see. 37 hours driving time, lots of gas, and then the same back.

    I'll just have to pay the extra thousand when I see a local pair.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,758
    Options
    ^^^^ Those are gorgeous
    Randy-Maine
    2ch-RTA15tl crossover upgrade
    by David WMG
    Yamaha cr1000 cr2040
    HT-Yamaha Parasound Acurus
    MIT BJC Cs1000p Polk Rotation
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    Endershadow... you really need those 2.3's.

    I'll gladly ride up there with you if you want those... B) Good price.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,753
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Endershadow... you really need those 2.3's.
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Endershadow... you really need those 2.3's.

    I'll gladly ride up there with you if you want those... B) Good price.

    @nooshinjohn

    I could never get those to fly in my house :smile: . I saw them, showed them to the wife and said, hey look these are my next speakers.

    Next thing I know I was somehow face down on the floor and had a rather large red welt on my face.

    Weird.

    They are nice looking but I will pass...

    However @indyhawg..... you should look at those...

    You've never owned 2.3's, you have a basement mancave, the space and amplification to make em sing :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,682
    Options
    Endershadow... you really need those 2.3's.
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Endershadow... you really need those 2.3's.

    I'll gladly ride up there with you if you want those... B) Good price.


    However @indyhawg..... you should look at those...

    You've never owned 2.3's, you have a basement mancave, the space and amplification to make em sing :smile:

    I just got off the phone with the seller. I may try to head up there in the morning. Timing is not good. I will have to do some rearranging of my schedule.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    If you get em congrats. They need a Hoosier home..
  • deucekazoo
    deucekazoo Posts: 146
    Options
    Yes please buy them so they stop tempting me. I have been looking at them for over a week now. I just don't have the room for them. Also from the pictures it looks like most of the dust cones are pushed in. I don't think that is a big deal but should not have happened if the grills were on. Also the left PR looks a little funky. Let us know the condition when you get them.
    Polk S10, S8, S4
    Polk RT8
    Polk Monitor 7s
    Working on getting SDAs
  • littlewoodboats
    Options
    What are the top and bottom drivers in the two rows of four? They look like small passive radiators.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,682
    Options
    deucekazoo wrote: »
    Also the left PR looks a little funky. Let us know the condition when you get them.

    It looked "funky" to me also. I will get back on touch with the seeley tonight when I have more time to talk. Tough to have a conversation while I am at work. I would hate to drive all the way up there to discover they are jacked up.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 4,111
    Options
    What are the top and bottom drivers in the two rows of four? They look like small passive radiators.


    Flat disc (doughnut) to improve bass. This was on the earlier models.

    Since we don’t know where we are going we have to stick together in case someone gets there….Ken Kesey.

    Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper REALLY likes you.

    And the boots you lick will stomp you too.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,682
    Options
    indyhawg wrote: »
    Endershadow... you really need those 2.3's.
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Endershadow... you really need those 2.3's.

    I'll gladly ride up there with you if you want those... B) Good price.


    However @indyhawg..... you should look at those...

    You've never owned 2.3's, you have a basement mancave, the space and amplification to make em sing :smile:

    I just got off the phone with the seller. I may try to head up there in the morning. Timing is not good. I will have to do some rearranging of my schedule.

    Unfortunately, I can't work anything out with my schedule. Maybe they will last another weekend.

    Anyone in the Chicago area checked these out?
  • PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    Options
    Time for a new girlfriend! She's not your friend LOL.

    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ele/5572884845.html
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,758
    Options
    ^^^^ 100 bucks for sda's. Dang good price there & they look pretty clean. Should go quick
    Randy-Maine
    2ch-RTA15tl crossover upgrade
    by David WMG
    Yamaha cr1000 cr2040
    HT-Yamaha Parasound Acurus
    MIT BJC Cs1000p Polk Rotation
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 3,129
    Options
    A Polk CS350LS Center Channel Speaker for $125 in NE Atlanta (Lilburn). No affiliation and it is not mine that westmassguy helped me secure from Mass. about two years ago.

    http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/ele/5581517895.html

    y9ryrm560u5y.jpg
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"
    Harry / Marietta GA
    m9iutt1ly1yd.png
  • oldmodman
    oldmodman Posts: 740
    Options
    Here are a pair of 2.3's in Bakersfield. Somewhat pricey at $1500.00
    https://bakersfield.craigslist.org/ele/5520867618.html
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 9,100
    Options
    A Polk CS350LS Center Channel Speaker for $125 in NE Atlanta (Lilburn). No affiliation and it is not mine that westmassguy helped me secure from Mass. about two years ago.

    http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/ele/5581517895.html

    y9ryrm560u5y.jpg

    Here's a 350 for $75. Killer deal...

    https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/5573479326.html
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,682
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »

    They're on their way home with me now
  • Unknown
    Options
    This content has been removed.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,682
    Options
    Are they missing the SRS badges?

    Unfortunately yes