Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Zona is the best team in the NFL right now.

Agreed, but don't dismiss the panthers. They will have a chip on their shoulders going forward.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    The Vikings flat schooled the Giants last night. :)
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    C'mon Bengals! The time is now!
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    The Packers have another lackadaisical game, its so bad lifetime Packers fans are calling me during the game saying they are turning it off and they just wish this year would end. They're in the playoffs despite losing six of their last ten games and are fortunate to be playing the Redskins rather than the Seahawks, whom the Vikings get. Congrats to the Vikes for winning the North for the first time since '09. The Packers are in deep trouble.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Yep, even though the performance stats looked good on paper, better than the Viks anyway, they still came up short. They didn't look great, obviously, and may have a hard time with the Skins.

NE losing to Miami....wtf happened there ?

Broncos was a different team when Payton came in the game.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Yep wore my Dennys Green starter jacket and Viking Zubaz to work this morning just to silence the Packers Fans and all the trash talk I get from them, they are all pretty quite. I am glad we won the division, but the Seahawks look pretty good, we were predicted to maybe be a 8 win team but hey division champions yeah baby.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • nooshinjohn
    dromunds wrote: »
    The Packers have another lackadaisical game, its so bad lifetime Packers fans are calling me during the game saying they are turning it off and they just wish this year would end. They're in the playoffs despite losing six of their last ten games and are fortunate to be playing the Redskins rather than the Seahawks, whom the Vikings get. Congrats to the Vikes for winning the North for the first time since '09. The Packers are in deep trouble.

Better for the Vikings if they would have lost IMHO. Seattle has had their number for a long time and have always found a way to beat them wherever they play. Some kind of payback for giving them benchwarmer Bob back in the day when they came into the NFL.

The Packers beat themselves yesterday, and they have been doing that a lot lately. I think the 'skins take them down with ease.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    and now we get to see if Peyton Manning has anything left in the tank.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • dromunds
    Noosh: it's been painful for Packer fans to watch this crap. If the Skins take them down, there's gonna be calls for McCarthy and Ted Thompson's jobs. The lack of any depth on the offensive line (and defensive line) is glaring. The fact of the matter is the whole organization is strictly bottom line. Short term vision. They have a waiting list for season tickets longer than NWA's criminal rap sheet, so its may be back to the pre-Ron Wolf days pretty soon here unless they right the ship fast. After the melt-down at the end of the NFC championship game last year, a few got thrown under the bus. The Packers thought they would just walk into the Super Bowl this year. If Washington knocks them out in the first round, look out.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Very few teams have depth.... It's the salary cap era.

NE has issues as well. Would not be surprised to see them booted.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • dromunds
    I hear you, but the Packers have significant room under the cap IIRC. I see there's an article on the internet today stating the Packers are the No. 1 disappointment in the NFL this year. Here you have arguably the best QB in the league, one of the best running backs, your coach wants to run the ball all the time, and you get cheap on the O-line. I compare our GM to Seattle's, who is active and proactive. Maybe the Packers' management and coaches are just so arrogant that nothing of real significance will change until they don't even make the playoffs.....
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited January 2016
    Pats walking on thin ice, not sure how far they'll go. Last quarter has been horrendous. Seattle looks HOT, might be able to run the table. Can't believe what they did to the Cards! Panthers while good, will be interesting to see against a team like the Seahawks if they remain hot!

Not many teams are peaking at this point. And that WILL be a factor in the playoffs. You can throw the records out the window. Whoever peaks will go to #50! And that could be Seattle and Pitt? Or K.C.? I honestly do not think that top two seeds: Denver or the Pats will be left standing in the last weeks! Panthers have the best shot of being there, Cards may fade. I think we're in for some surprises.

[Everything below this point is B.S. and need not be attended to...I like to ramble especially when I'm tired from classwork. My apologies or enjoy, either way!]

But, I could also be deluded (should that be in italics, quotes or boldface? Hmmmm...think I'll walk down the hall and check with Cedric in English, whose students come to me in tears (and I console them) because he bleeds all over their essays in red ink, even though Cedric has never written an interesting piece of fiction or poetry?) Alas the rules, even great writers have editors who clean up their English or suggest alternative phrasings-and most of them were English majors!

I had a professor in Graduate School (a very famous one, they tell me?). He was an African-American from Alabama who spoke with an Oxford English accent even though he grew up in the south and went to school in the U.S. Now, why do you think "he" carried himself in such a manner, so overly formal and British? The mystique of proper diction is a form of power and prestige, some are more concerned with their image than others, it seems!
    Post edited by cnh on
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    I am happy to see Seattle going to Minnesota vs. Washington. Redskins vs Packers will be a fun game.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited January 2016

Better for the Vikings if they would have lost IMHO. Seattle has had their number for a long time and have always found a way to beat them wherever they play.

Come on John you don't actually think Zimmer would of even considered that do you? Winning against the Pack and winning the division was all that was on thier minds and the majority of the fans minds. We host a game at home against a very good and scary Seahawks team, I doubt the Vikings would want it any other way.

I gave the Packers fans at work a double shocker when I showed up in my very best Vikings attire, after listening to them yap all year, I actually believe most of them think that this year's NFC championship game will be a repeat of last year :o go Vikings.
    htpmklcyof47.jpg

I still wish the Packers luck against the Redskins!

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Like most big games, it will come down to turnovers and clock control.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Pulling for the Vikings over the seahawks, :) btw, nice coat there Steve! Our Texans have played better since having a horrible first half of the season. KC is on a roll , should be a heck of a game here next Sat. at NRG.
  • Mikey081057
    I don't have a dog in the fight so may the best team win...Seattle looked really good yesterday

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Looks like Chiefs have their hands full.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Mikey081057
    I don't get this defer the opening kickoff thing... why would you want to give anybody's offense potentially one more possession than you get? I know the stock answer is our defense is our best unit... but do you really need to tell your offense they suck?

• Mikey081057
    hqdefault.jpg

• Mikey081057
    Andy Reid has now coached in the NFC and the AFC... I think he does his best work in the KFC.

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    I sure don't care what he thinks, LOL...
  • Good luck to the Cards!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • nooshinjohn
    I sure don't care what he thinks, LOL...
    Lol... That did not take long.

• Mikey081057
    WOW 7-6 at the half Zona.... whodathunkit?

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited January 2016
    Chiefs were not ready for Prime Time against a Pat team that is STILL not what it was and is not yet ready for the AFC championship game?

Someone has to tell Aaron Rodgers that there are a lot of experts out there who keep telling us that Arizona is the most balanced team in the NFC? lol Still early, but a weak game against Seattle and now a Packer team that is leading? Doesn't bode well for the Championship game next week should 'Zona eek this one out!
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    What a game...
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    WOW!!!!
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Dang!