Bummer of a day for me :(

Options
While you all are feasting on leftovers from Xmas drinking beer watching football, I'm starving, I got lemon jello cooling in the fridge and lemon Popsicles and water, yeah that's right I got to ride the silver chair tomorrow otherwise known as a Colonoscopy.

Yeah the wife's showing no mercy she just grilled up some big fat Iowa Chops on the George Foreman grill she got for Xmas fried onions and mushrooms, German Spatzle ( dumpling noodles) not to mention left over ham and the works, cookies, fudge, Deer Sausage and Jerky. She even had the nerve to ask me where the life insurance policy is and who to contact as we also get a years pay from the employer, I hope she's joking o:) I'm sure she is its just anesthesia being knocked out and probed so I'm sure I will survive. I know one thing she has to drive as they won't let you after the procedure, she said she will treat me to lunch afterwards should I survive gotta go stomachs growling time to put down another lemon popsicle. I drink some junk at 5 pm that cleans you out so I plan on watching my Vikings sitting on the Throne Bummer of a day for sure.
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• honestaquarian
    Options
    OMG you guys must be an old married couple
    That is F#$%@ up what she did (*and FUNNY AS HELL*) :D
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Nothing quite like a magnesium shake, enjoy :D
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    Options
    OMG you guys must be an old married couple
    That is F#$%@ up what she did (*and FUNNY AS HELL*) :D

Yeah if you consider 52 old the Doc said I was a couple of years overdue. Wait a second I guess I am getting up there in years, see what you got to look forward to once you hit 50 :#. The wife's a sweetheart we have been married 31 years she has made sure the life insurance was up to date since day one :'( , I told her don't worry that her life insurance is current as is the contacts!

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• honestaquarian
    Options
    I turn 49 next month and I just found out I have very little cartilage left in both of my knees.Especially the left one,which has been giving me problems. They said I was too young for a new knee,so we will maanage it with Cortisone shot's and NSAID prescription pain killers.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'll die of prostate cancer before anything goes up there. Nope.

Sorry man, hang in there.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »

Nightfall momma always said "Watch what you wish for"
    (*because you might just get it and NEVER in the way that you THOUGHT it would come*)
  • Easy Runnin
    Options
    The prep really sucks but the procedure is no big deal. I have a family history so I've already had 4. The funny thing was on the first one they found 3 crayons, 2 pennies and a green army man.
    HT- Samsung PN50B860/Integra DTR 30.3/Rt55 Fronts
    Rt35i Surrounds/Cs1000p Center/SVS BP1000 Sub
    2CH - B&K MC-101 pre/B&K EX-442 amp/NAD 2400 amp
    Polk SDA1C, Polk Monitor 7, New Large Advents and Polk RTA 8T
    BR - Yamaha CR800/Polk monitor 5
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    The prep really sucks but the procedure is no big deal. I have a family history so I've already had 4. The funny thing was on the first one they found 3 crayons, 2 pennies and a green army man.

lawd

HEPP diss po chowd wif a eatin' disordah!!!
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »

It's colon cancer theyre searching for
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    While you all are feasting on leftovers from Xmas drinking beer watching football, I'm starving, I got lemon jello cooling in the fridge and lemon Popsicles and water, yeah that's right I got to ride the silver chair tomorrow otherwise known as a Colonoscopy.

Yeah the wife's showing no mercy she just grilled up some big fat Iowa Chops on the George Foreman grill she got for Xmas fried onions and mushrooms, German Spatzle ( dumpling noodles) not to mention left over ham and the works, cookies, fudge, Deer Sausage and Jerky. She even had the nerve to ask me where the life insurance policy is and who to contact as we also get a years pay from the employer, I hope she's joking o:) I'm sure she is its just anesthesia being knocked out and probed so I'm sure I will survive. I know one thing she has to drive as they won't let you after the procedure, she said she will treat me to lunch afterwards should I survive gotta go stomachs growling time to put down another lemon popsicle. I drink some junk at 5 pm that cleans you out so I plan on watching my Vikings sitting on the Throne Bummer of a day for sure.

Routine procedure, but keep an eye on symptoms.

I've seen everything from colonic perforation to splenic lacerations from this procedure.

I do not look forward to one... I have 17 more years.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,098
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm just over 60 had one in March, the prep is by far the worst part. But this time I drank the small bottle of magnesium citrate and Ducolax rather than a gallon of Go-Lytly. It worked as well, lot less fluid to drink They found no polyps etc. in me, thank God no green army men, that is funny. When you see them start to inject the Propofol "milk-looking fluid" into your arm, you have about three seconds before la-la land. You'll be fine.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,542
    Options
    You guys all suck! I'm 32 and have had 20 of those things so far (chronic gastric issues)....

It's not THAT bad if they let you do the Mirilax prep. Golightly sucks as did phosphate soda.

I've had just about every type of prep and the Mirilax is the best BY FAR!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    The Night of a thousand waterfalls! enjoy will you can :p

I remember being so weak the day of it, they put a IV in my arm then he said goodnight and the next thing i knew they were trying to wake me up!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    They gave me this Suprep it's two 6 oz bottles 1 tonight 1 tomorrow you mix the bottle with a cup along with water up to the 16 oz line then drink two 16 oz glasses of water after that the two glasses after that nasty tasting stuff I guess I will be up all night doing the #1 and #2 thing, I was starving but now my stomach just hurts can't wait till its over I'm assuming it's going to start working any minute dang it all.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• EndersShadow
    Options
    If your stomach hurts then the trains runnin lol.

Worst for me was my first one. Was getting sick on the prep all night AND insult to injury... I found out at the dr office..... While my lunch was sitting in the car AND they got pizza for dinner (from my fav place)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    The worst thing is that we are expecting an ice storm tonight through the am changing over to snow if they have cancelationsome and close the clinic and I go through this for nothing then I will be upset. I do have a choice of Famous Daves, Outback steakhouse, or the Filling Station local place that have pork tenderloins as big as your plate those are my lunch choices but first I got to make it through the night hopefully the impending ice storms don't ruin it for me. Thousand waterfalls eh looks like I got about 996 waterfalls to go :(
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• aprazer402
    Options
    Don't get your hopes up thinking of a cancellation. As General George S. Patton said YOU ARE going to the front... ! :)
  • aprazer402
    Options
    You are going to the front. Your doctor to the rear. :)
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options

Had my first one this year too - really - the prep is the only thing - it's a non-issue. And with a friend who had his exactly on time, and found out he had stage 2, it's time and discomfort well spent. Easy to be cavalier till you have cancer, get it done! The best news is you didn't need it!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    I will be attending on the 7th the memorial service for my cousin who died last week after years of suffering because he refused to acknowledge that he had prostrate cancer. His PSA came back positive but he stated frankly that he didn't want to know, and he would be fine with his all natural diet.

If he had gotten it treated all the way back in 2007, he would still be here. Instead he chose to ignore it until he was screaming in pain and had lost a ton of weight.

Of course by that time the cancer had spread to his bones. So now he is dead after years of a long drawn out PAINFUL demise but he died his way.

What isn't right or fair is that his sister and his neices and nephew had to watch and hear all of of this. His neice just said the other day that she will never forget hearing him scream in agony and being helpless to be able to do anything.

So unless you are an orphan, pull your head out of your a$$ and consider the impact your selfish attitude and eventual suffering will have on the rest of your family.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    edited December 2015
    Options
    ^^ LOL Wow Cfrizz - all this time I thought @tonyb was exaggerating! ^^ You really are the muscle!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• Joey_V
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Life insurance... something I never thought I'd have to worry about. Silly me. Anyways, I agree with Buhl above. Anything you can do to clear yourself of potential issues is a good thing. It kills me that I won't know the cause of death for another month or more. At least you can check one off the list and give you and the misses some peace of mind.

Yeah, my best friend died of liver cancer at age 30. We've been insured up the hilt since then. My parents have told me to stop overdoing insurance, but hey - stuff happens.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,877
    Options
    be careful of this, i was dreaming the day before and night about the big steak i was going to eat after the procedure and to my dismay was told afterward to eat something "LIGHT" also they tell you you can drink water but don't tell you even while in the waiting room you have to keep running to the restroom.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Yeah, avoid heavy or greasy foods to start with.... or you will HATE YOURSELF. Stick with something easy like pancakes, french toast, etc.

Both you and your digestive system will thank me.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Jeez, Sounds like a bunch of professional colon blowhards :p
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    Medicines are for amateurs. Just need one bowl of this:
    SNL_0617_04_Colon_Blow.png

Anyone remember that SNL skit?

Seriously, good luck with the weather. We've got a doctor appointment tomorrow, too.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    Nuttin' to it, Steve. The prep s-u-c-k-s big-time, but the procedure is no big deal. Most patients sleep right through it.

You might not want to do the big lunch thing right afterwards. Perhaps Tuesday would be better.

Hope it all goes well for you.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,877
    Options
    doctor told me they would give me one injection and i could stay awake and watch everything on the video screen or a second one that would put me out. i remember them doing the first injection and the next thing i knew was waking up in the recovery room with my wife there.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    MrBuhl wrote: »
    ^^ LOL Wow Cfrizz - all this time I thought @tonyb was exaggerating! ^^ You really are the muscle!

Right ??

It's a little unnerving when relatives from the Boston area call you up wondering what these "WANTED" posters all over town with your picture on them is doing on all the telephone poles. Some with a dead cat nailed to them too.

Sorry to hear about the procedure you have to endure to the OP. I'm one to fall in that camp of if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

That said, obviously if something is wrong or you feel something isn't right, get your arse to the doc. It's my understanding that colonoscopy has come a long way since the days of using Gerbils with a go-pro on their head. Good luck to you.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable