My New Speakers

Options
hochpt21
hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
Sad day and a happy day.

Without going into too much of a story. I made the decision to downgrade some aspects of my main rig.

So today I let my LSiM 705's go. It was painful as its taken me about 7 years to get where I was wanting to go sound-wise. And I loved those babies.

The only thing that made it easier was knowing they were going to a great home. I met @erniejade today for the first time and let me tell you...he is a heck of a guy. He did a TON of leg-work on my behalf to pick up the speakers I purchased in MN and drop them right at my house when he picked up the 705's.

We BS'd for a while, listened to a few tunes and even rattled a picture off the wall :)

I can't extend enough of a thank you to Ernie for all the work he did to make both transactions much easier. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

Anyways here are a couple pics of the 705's I sent with Ernie, and the LS90's I just purchased.

238CF26B-9AFB-44B7-A80E-C7047436A671_zpstc69n9hl.jpg

C6F9C95E-C396-4712-92B8-8875B08AD7E5_zpsdfdjq9xw.jpg

2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A

Comments

• dalylaleahthor
    Options
    Congrats on the new speaker.
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.
  • jwb0007
    Options
    Don't know you, hochpt21, but I'll bet that the good you probably have sent down the road a number of times previously has come back to you in this transaction. Good guys simply are good to do business with.

Your present arrangement looks beautiful, and I'll just bet those 90s sound wonderful!

Kind of know what you are experiencing: I just purchased a couple of new RTi12s and used Integrity Alpha 40s, with a DefTech C37 to replace my beloved, and superbly matched, Klipsch KLF-30 fronts, KLF-20 surrounds, and KLF-C7 center. Actually, in combo with my Outlaw sub, I am very happy with what I now have.

And when I sell the Klipsch speakers, I will transfer the equity toward my daughter's pending wedding. How is that not a wonderful deal, all in all?
    Jim
    St. Louis, MO

AVRs: Yamaha RX-A2030, Onkyo TX-NR646
    Speakers: BIC FH6-LCR x 3, BIC FH-65B x 2, Polk RTi6 x 2, Infinity Primus P362, Klipsch KSF-C5
    Subs: Polk PSW505 x 2, Polk PSW10, Klipsch Synergy Sub-10
  • hochpt21
    Options
    jwb0007 wrote: »
    Don't know you, hochpt21, but I'll bet that the good you probably have sent down the road a number of times previously has come back to you in this transaction. Good guys simply are good to do business with.

Your present arrangement looks beautiful, and I'll just bet those 90s sound wonderful!

Kind of know what you are experiencing: I just purchased a couple of new RTi12s and used Integrity Alpha 40s, with a DefTech C37 to replace my beloved, and superbly matched, Klipsch KLF-30 fronts, KLF-20 surrounds, and KLF-C7 center. Actually, in combo with my Outlaw sub, I am very happy with what I now have.

And when I sell the Klipsch speakers, I will transfer the equity toward my daughter's pending wedding. How is that not a wonderful deal, all in all?

Thanks for the post. I'm about 2 hours in on the LS90's and adjusting to the change. There are some things that I miss, but some things that I like. All in all, I think I'll be ok :)

Congrats on your daughters engagement. A big part of my job is managing weddings, so I know it's a big day.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    Options
    The LS90s would be my speaker of choice over the LSiM.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Those LS90's do look awesome Paul! nice clean look to them.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    Muahahahahaha... The LSiM 705s are moving closer to me teheheheheheheheh
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • hochpt21
    Options
    madmax wrote: »
    The LS90s would be my speaker of choice over the LSiM.

That's what I'll be trying to figure out over the next few weeks :)
    voltz wrote: »
    Those LS90's do look awesome Paul! nice clean look to them.

I like the look as well. Wife hasn't said anything yet, so not really sure. We do have a lot of light oak look in the house that we're trying to steer away from, but they fit in with the turntable and preamp fairly well.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    edited November 2015
    Options
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    Sad day and a happy day.

Without going into too much of a story. I made the decision to downgrade some aspects of my main rig.

So today I let my LSiM 705's go. It was painful as its taken me about 7 years to get where I was wanting to go sound-wise. And I loved those babies.

The only thing that made it easier was knowing they were going to a great home. I met @erniejade today for the first time and let me tell you...he is a heck of a guy. He did a TON of leg-work on my behalf to pick up the speakers I purchased in MN and drop them right at my house when he picked up the 705's.

We BS'd for a while, listened to a few tunes and even rattled a picture off the wall :)

I can't extend enough of a thank you to Ernie for all the work he did to make both transactions much easier. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

Anyways here are a couple pics of the 705's I sent with Ernie, and the LS90's I just purchased.

238CF26B-9AFB-44B7-A80E-C7047436A671_zpstc69n9hl.jpg

C6F9C95E-C396-4712-92B8-8875B08AD7E5_zpsdfdjq9xw.jpg

I haven't heard the LSiM's so I can't comment but I own 90's and love them and those in oak look gorgeous. Hope they (TonyB) blow your sack back...
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,064
    Options
    What kind of beer is that??? :*
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • hochpt21
    Options
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    I wish there was someone or somewhere I could go listen to a pair of LSIM705's or even the flagship LSIM707. I listened to the LSIM703s and wondered how the floor models performed. Wish someone did a demo program with them. O well, sorry for your loss and congrats on one of my all time favorite Polk speakers. I love the LS90's and always wanted to grab a pair. Don't have any idea how they would compare to the LSIM's but I'm sure they are damn nice to you despite owning the new LSIM's.
    In this case I'm willing to bet you didn't take to far of a step backwards.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Is that a "blooming onion" next to the beer?
  • hochpt21
    Options
    I'm going on 5 hours of listening to them, and I'm not offended so far :)

It's really weird though. I've been a member of the forum for about 4 years now. I've heard lots of talk about lots of models of Polk speakers, but never remember hearing about the LS90's. Then all the sudden, this FS pops up and lots of folks are saying they are towards the top of their Polk list.

Maybe the SDA's just dominate the conversation? Maybe I haven't really been paying attention? Not that it makes a difference, I just thought it was weird.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,064
    Options
    Think I'll try to hunt that beer down:) At first glance I thought it was a local beer (Revolver Blood and Honey). One of my favorites.

I've heard nothing but good things about the LS90, but I've never heard them myself. I'd love to give them a listen at some point. Glad the sale and purchase worked out so well for you.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • ken brydson
    Options
    Here's mine. Searched forever for oak but settled for black, too good a deal to pass up. No regrets..
    gbphgd99vbi8.jpg
  • hochpt21
    Options
    Here's mine. Searched forever for oak but settled for black, too good a deal to pass up. No regrets..
    gbphgd99vbi8.jpg

I'll trade you my oaks for your blacks if you throw in that bad **** SVS!!! :):):)
  • ken brydson
    Options
    gbphgd99vbi8.jpg

I'll trade you my oaks for your blacks if you throw in that bad **** SVS!!! :):):)

Good luck with that, lol. It ain't going anywhere until I can swing a bigger one..
  • hochpt21
    Options
    Lol... I'll get me a big boy sub one of these days.

• EndersShadow
    Options

Wanna buy my DIY one.. It might be going up for sale shortly lol

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • hochpt21
    Options

Easy Dan.... :):wink:
  • EndersShadow
    Options

Easy Dan.... :):wink:

Can't blame me for trying lol...
  • madmax
    Options
    There has been lots of talk of LS90s over the years. Its like when you buy a car, all of a sudden you notice them all over the place.

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    Sorry for your loss and congrats on a nice set-up.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    Nice looking Paul. I like the wooden album crate too, those are the best.
  • hochpt21
    Options
    madmax wrote: »
    There has been lots of talk of LS90s over the years. Its like when you buy a car, all of a sudden you notice them all over the place.

That's kinda what I was thinking and makes a lot of sense.
  • madmax
    Options
    While the SDAs are the most interesting, the LS90s are the most audiophile speakers.

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Paul! You are not slumming with the '90's. ;)

How big is the room?
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »

Rollback ;)

heh heh, heh heh he posted jimmy dean...

CSHGNsSUwAA6mcg.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • hochpt21
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »

How big is the room?

Approximately 18' deep x 50' wide. Basically, picture a living/dining/kitchen all open to each other in a straight line. The living room is on the far left and that is where the system is. So I have about 10' of clearance from the left speaker to the left wall and about 30' of clearance to the right.

Ceilings are vaulted about 11' at the peak.
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »

How big is the room?

Approximately 18' deep x 50' wide. Basically, picture a living/dining/kitchen all open to each other in a straight line. The living room is on the far left and that is where the system is. So I have about 10' of clearance from the left speaker to the left wall and about 30' of clearance to the right.

Ceilings are vaulted about 11' at the peak.

Cmon man, be a real audiophile.... buy a new house for the express reason of better room layouts :smile: