Bronco's winning on Defense, strange new world.

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,058
So the Bronco's are 6-0 and not because of the high powered Offense we have grown to love. But the Defense isn't allowing many points yards carries etc. It's amazing to wait the shift. I would however like to see more productivity out of the Offense.
What are your opinions of this new style Bronco's team?
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Options
    If the Broncos offense ever gets their act together, we'll be awesome. In the mean time, I guess I'll keep sitting on the edge of my seat - hoping the defense finds a way to pull it out again. Strange indeed.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    There is a growing call among the pundits and the fan base to pull the plug on Peyton and let him ride the pine. While I agree that he has been horrible to this point in the season, I am betting he still has a few good games left in him, and I doubt Elway will pull the plug on Peyton while they keep on winning.

That said, Peyton will be done after the season ends.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,930
    Options
    They will be 6-1 after the bye week.. I hate watching this offense...
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    So the Bronco's are 6-0 and not because of the high powered Offense we have grown to love. But the Defense isn't allowing many points yards carries etc. It's amazing to wait the shift. I would however like to see more productivity out of the Offense.

I dunno Dan, they had something like 3 turnovers recovered, and ran back one for a TD, yet still only won by 3 points. Kinda telling if you ask me that they won't make it out of the first round of playoffs.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mantis
    Options
    I think the offense has changed to much. If Manning ran the offense like he always does, they would score way more points. I also believe they wouldn't make as many mistakes.
    It's what I noticed over the last 6 games.
    Dan
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    Options
    We're less than two weeks away from my Packers sending them to 6-1 and showing what happens when you don't play a bunch of crappy teams with under 2 wins each. Very excited for the game as it's the first time since living in Colorado that the Pack has come to town. Finding tickets at face value didn't hurt either :wink:
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    Options
    I really think that when Peyton announced before the season started about numb fingers he was sending a signal that the nerves have degenerated. Plus, the move during the season to a pistol formation. Add in an o-line that hasn't meshed and is struggled to zone block in a way that creates creases, and is allowing Peyton to get hit way more than the past 15 years and you have an offense that is appears lost.

Something to consider is how wise Elway was to ask Peyton for a pay cut. Did he know something that the rest of us didn't?

Finally, if Peyton stops throwing interceptions and Thomas stops dropping the ball, and the run game gets to 100 ypg average, look for an NE vs. Denver AFC championship.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • grimmace19
    Options
    The day is finally here... time to dominate GO PACK GO!
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Denver D off to a good start!
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Tonight I am a Denver fan
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    grimmace19 wrote: »
    We're less than two weeks away from my Packers sending them to 6-1 and showing what happens when you don't play a bunch of crappy teams with under 2 wins each. Very excited for the game as it's the first time since living in Colorado that the Pack has come to town. Finding tickets at face value didn't hurt either :wink:

You mean sending the Pack home at 6-1.. LOL!!

• Toolfan66
    Options
    The day is finally here... time for the Broncos to dominate GO HOME PACK GO!

Fixed!! B)

• nooshinjohn
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thanks Peyton

• mantis
    Options
    xcapri79 wrote: »

I think the Packers will bring the Bronco's to 6-1 before a national audience tonight.
    You stand corrected, Bronco's embarrassed the Packers before a national audience last night.
    Dan
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Options
    Looks like we do have an offense after all. That was fun!
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Yep I'm still jazzed at what took place..
  • grimmace19
    Options
    Bench him, love him, bench him, love him...

Good game, enjoy the "fair weather" everyone in sunny Denver.
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Bench him, love him, bench him, love him...

Good game, enjoy the "fair weather" everyone in sunny Denver.

HaHa!!

• mantis
    Options
    That was an amazing game. The Defense is simply the best I have ever seen. The offense still needs work but what they did last night really impressed me. I like how they mixed it up and got the Tight ends involved.
    I learned the Bronco's picked up TE from San Fan Today. We shall see how that all works out into the Improving Offense. I thought the TE from Denver looked great.
    Dan
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    That was an amazing game. The Defense is simply the best I have ever seen. The offense still needs work but what they did last night really impressed me. I like how they mixed it up and got the Tight ends involved.
    I learned the Bronco's picked up TE from San Fan Today. We shall see how that all works out into the Improving Offense. I thought the TE from Denver looked great.

And that Tight End is Vernon Davis for 2 6th rd picks. A steal
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options

As a Hawks fan don't get me started on tight ends...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited November 2015
    Options

He was cheap...and he can dunk a football
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

He was cheap...and he can dunk a football

Debatable. Luke Willson is a big guy, great hands and a better blocker. I like JG, just don't want another Harvin debacle. Losing Unger left a big hole in our O line... JMHO
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I was being facetious, he was too expensive. I did think when I heard the news he was going to be better utilized being that Wilson is not really a long range passer. I think the Hawks need to run more 2 TE sets to fill that Unger gap. Also seems Beast mode could get off his arrogant lazy butt and cross block on passing downs and give JG/Wilson better options...JMHO...from the arm chair QB
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a