Matrix Revolutions!!!

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,125
edited April 2004 in Music & Movies
THIS IS THE BEST OF THE THREE! HANDS DOWN! NON-STOP ACTION! I LOVED IT!

GREAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome stuff!
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I have a hard time believing that after the piss-poor Reloaded. Reviews I've read say it's a bit better then Reloaded, but no where near as good as the first.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Personally I hated it...

I think they took the whole Neo=Jesus Christ thing over the edge...really cheesy if you ask me...the way he dies with his arms out and all, just really bad...Plus since they really tried to go that route, they should have cut the sex scene with Trinity...I don't think Jesus had sex with women...not sure though...maybe I'm wrong...

I thought the first one was good...and I liked the basic story through all three...just really hated the overall movie, then I really didn't like part 2 either....

Piss Poor Movie directing...

Really cool effects and stuff though...
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Thanks for the spoiler warning :rolleyes:
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Ron-P
    Thanks for the spoiler warning :rolleyes:

Oh man...didn't even think about people not having seen it yet...

Sorry 'bout that :(
  • VR3
    edited April 2004
    Options
    There is no sex scene in the 3rd one.....

Jesus wasnt married, therefore he did not have sex. No religious debate here.

The second one was not the best of any, it was just a bridge.

NEO, did NOT die in the 2nd movie :rolleyes:
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2004
    Options
    yes if you put 2 and 3 togher they make a good movie but own their own they just lack sothing.
  • warviper
    warviper Posts: 585
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Jesus was married if you have read the Davinci Code.;)
    Wish I was a polkologist then I could call my self Dr.warviper.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by warviper
    Jesus was married if you have read the Davinci Code.;)

I'm holding out for the cliff notes:rolleyes:

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • gmorris
    gmorris Posts: 1,179
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Polkmaniac
    Personally I hated it...

I think they took the whole Neo=Jesus Christ thing over the edge...really cheesy if you ask me...the way he dies with his arms out and all, just really bad...

Thanks for that. Now when my copy arrives on the 7'th, I'll have that to look forward to.

Just bustin' your chops, no hard feelings.
    Bob Mayo, on the keyboards. Bob Mayo.
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I really enjoyed the first movie and the whole premise/story behind it.

However, I saw both the second and third movies in the theater and probably a week after each I couldn't tell you a damn thing that happened in either movie, besides a bunch of cgi fight scenes.

Maybe its just me but the second and third movies had *no impact* on me whatsoever. Even though I haven't seen the original matrix in years I can tell you more about it than both of the followups.

EDIT: I'm not saying they were "bad" per se, just that I would categorize them as "mindless" action flicks, whereas I feel the first movie was a great movie overall, not just for action sequences.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by HBombToo
    I'm holding out for the cliff notes:rolleyes:

HBomb

Even that won't be worth the read.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited April 2004
    Options
    i loved both and i can't wait for the 3rd one to come out on DVD because i haven't seen it yet. i will agree with you on the jesus thing, i liked it better when he was just a guy with a strong mind. i think you have to watch the second movie about 7 times before you realize whats really goin on. i found that if you thought of all the doors as folders on your comp, it made the movie easier to understand.
  • VR3
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I paid close attention to the 3rd one man....

And it actually explained the other 2 to me in another form...

I would explain, but it would most definetely ruin alot of things...
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I would have been much happier if the "Real World" would have just been a second matrix.
  • kberg
    kberg Posts: 974
    edited April 2004
    Options
    edit
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
  • kberg
    edited April 2004
    Options
    edit
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
  • kberg
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by PolkThug
    I would have been much happier if the "Real World" would have just been a second matrix.

Now THAT would have been a great idea.
  • VR3
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Then it wouldnt have made any sense.

After you see the 3rd one, to me, the machine world made more and more sense.

*********POSSIBLE SPOILER***********

The matrix is like a brain simulated virtual reality world. They plug you in, when you die, it's over. It's like a game, programs to help or make it more difficult.

Then you have the guys that got out of the game, and have to face the masters of the game. Makes perfect sense to me. I like the trilogy, great movies!
  • gmorris
    gmorris Posts: 1,179
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I'm with Sid on this one. I liked the first two (haven't seen the 3'rd one yet).

My copy arrives tomorrow via Columbia House DVD club, I'm looking forward to it.
    Bob Mayo, on the keyboards. Bob Mayo.
  • PolkThug
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    Then it wouldnt have made any sense.

DON'T READ BELOW IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT

*************POSSIBLE SPOILER*****************

Having the Real World be a second matrix area makes perfect sense. Rogue programs are rewriting programs and pulling them into the Real World matrix. This would explain how Neo still has magic powers in the Real World and also explain how Mr. Smith was able to get his persona into the Real World. But no, instead we are left with Neo has magic powers, and Mr. Smith who is 100% program can transfer his data to a real human being via the telephone (lame). So you see, if the Real World would have been a second matrix, it would have explained how Neo and Mr. Smith could do these impossible things.

Otherwise I enjoyed the movie and giant killer robots.

Regards,
    PolkThug
  • pixiedave
    pixiedave Posts: 227
    edited April 2004
    Options
    How do we know that the trilogy of movies are not just a "machine" security patch?

How do we know that some do know about the matrix, and the machines created the movies to keep us docile and divert us from the truth thatthe matrix is real?

Think about it, Just as we depend on computers more and more, these movies come out lay this crazy concept on us and evry comp geek in the world thinks its COOL. The machines are preparing to reveal themselves! The matrix is real! We are all prisoners! I'll take both pills, and wake up as the god king of a tropical island.
    Purple.jpg
    You never blow your trip forever! < Daevid Allen
  • VR3
    edited April 2004
    Options
    POSSIBLE SPOILER **************************

Yeah, I agree with some of that....

But in some sense, that still wouldnt make some sense.

It could be possible to do something like that with a middle world, where the Matrix people are plugged into, then the escapees are plugged into to make them THINK they are in the 'real world', and they can interact with the 'matrix', but never realize that there is the middle world. I dunno, but it seems the directors left alot of things out, I wouldnt be surprised if an EE version is released.

The series is still killer even with things not explained. I think all in all the 2nd one could have been done much better. They used the 'this is a bridge to the 3rd' to the limit.
  • PolkThug
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Chap 17-19 will get a lot of play (giant killer robots). I liked the booming voice of the head machine. A few of those nuke looking explosions seemed to be lacking some bass, or the bass was too low for my system.

random thoughts,
    PolkThug

**EDIT** Need to turn up my main volume on this DVD.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited April 2004
    Options
    The Matrix series is a mix of both Western and Eastern philosophies. The first movie was overt in its (Western) symbolism and was absolutely brilliant. The second relied too much on CG but the symbolism was *a lot* more subtle and many people missed the nuances of the story’s continuation. The third movie was very intense and delved into the highest and most complex mix of (primarily) Eastern and Western religious symbols.

Certainly the authors used the story line as an allegory in order to unite the world by bypassing differences in culture and looking at the human condition as a whole. The main theme is certainly Christian, but integrates other views to expand the overall richness of the story. I found this site that offers the best explanation so far of the last two movies (though I’m sure you can find others of differing opinion): http://wylfing.net/essays/
  • warviper
    warviper Posts: 585
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Just watched the matrix.

yawn
    Wish I was a polkologist then I could call my self Dr.warviper.
  • TechChallenged
    TechChallenged Posts: 106
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I was extremely dissapointed with the sound quality. To be able to enjoy the movie at all, I had to set the volume on my RX2400 at the 0 to -05 level. I typically listen to movies in -15 to -20 range. Did anyone else have sound quality issues?
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Your not alone I also noticed the sound quality and volume to be very much lacking compared to the first two.
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I'm watching it tonight, guys - I'll add my 2 cents to the mix.

I will note up front that the Master Volume setting required for a satisfying playback volume is not necessarily an indicator of soundtrack quality (or lack thereof).

Widescreen Review is pretty well respected and rendered this detailed opinion:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DVD Picture:

The anamorphically enhanced 2.40:1 DVD picture exhibits the signature look of "The Matrix," with plenty of greens and grays in the color palette. The scenes with touches of vibrant red really pop from the screen. Images are sharp and intricately detailed, with excellent depth and definition. Contrast and shadow delineation are also quite good, with superb visual information in the darker scenes. There is little in the way of smearing or distracting pixelization. Unfortunately, high contrast scenes are not safe from edge enhancement but, for the most part, its presence is generally minor. This is yet another stylized picture that is certainly satisfying in visual quality. (Suzanne Hodges)

Soundtrack:

The Dolby® Digital 5.1-channel mix exhibits superlative fidelity, excellent tonality, superb channel separation, and just basically everything you’d want in a multichannel encoded digital surround mix on DVD. Even in the quieter scenes where dialogue is prevalent, there is a substantial amount of surround activity.

Each of the first 16 chapters has very effective 5.1-channel activity that sets the table, so-to-speak, for the main course when Zion is finally breached by the machines starting in Chapter 17. Not only is the onslaught of sonic activity spectacular; it’s just freaking awesome. Vertical, horizontal, and diagonal pans overwhelm the listening space, while individual sound effects have pinpoint accuracy in their placement across the three-dimensional home theatre landscape in comparison to the action onscreen...and that’s just the first four minutes of Chapter 17!

LFE is simply thunderous as it echoes, reverberates, and lingers far after the initial low bass sonics makes its initial impact. There is an amazing amount of audible activity that just washes over the listener during these scenes where Zion is breached that just takes your breath away. The sound design and editing is phenomenal. Even after the heavy-duty action sequences during the main assault on Zion are over, there is still one last chapter left to go in the Matrix trilogy: the climactic battle between good and bad with humankind’s existence in the balance. This final battle immerses the listener with the sound of downpouring rain in all five channels. With the rain falling in the background, every punch, every thunderclap, every thud, and every possible moment the LFE could kick in (and it does) echoes within the boundaries of the theatre with great purpose.

Don Davis’ original score is superb as it adds a lot of emotional impact to the film. Not only does his score sound wonderful throughout the film, but during the climactic battle, it really stands out and sounds just great. Low bass extension in this final battle, just as it has been in the rest of the film, is deep, penetrating, and gut-wrenching. This is a reference quality Holosonic™ soundtrack that impresses from beginning to end. (Jeffrey Kern)

This Disc Contains The Following WSR-Rated Superb Qualities:

Reference Quality
    Superb Sound Effects Recording Quality
    Superb Music Score Recording Quality
    Superb Special Visual Effects Quality
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited April 2004
    Options
    just watched it, and i can honestly say i enjoyed it.

i dont get where u are making a connection between jesus and neo. now i never read the bible or nethin but i dont remember jesus saving the human race, or fighting a computer program. oh well...i thought that it was the best it could have been. there were parts i didnt like and that seemed a little cheesey, im sure u all know what the might be (dont wanna give nethin away). but i liked the balance of crazy flying matrix fighting and the zion dock battle. overall i think it was worth watching, and im pretty sure i will end up buying it. it's a fun movie and fun to watch, it isnt supposed to be completely believeable. c'mon guys lighten up :D

pixiedave im with u on this one, down both those pills and forget everything else
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2004
    Options
    if only it had a DTS soundtrack. I think the sq would have had more impact. i'd like to see it rereleased in Superbit with a DTS soundtrack.

i too was surprised that some of the major boomers were somewhat restrained.. the SVS just didn't get much of a workout for a good part of the movie.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: