Short, shameful confessions

Options

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,713
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Quit thread jacking, losers.

It's not a change of subject, the subject is already defined, it's just rude. You want to talk about stupid commercials, start your own thread.

Then I'll go **** all over that thread and see how you like it.

Jerks.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Simplyrandom
    Simplyrandom Posts: 119
    edited July 2014
    Options
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,155
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    Quit thread jacking, losers.

It's not a change of subject, the subject is already defined, it's just rude. You want to talk about stupid commercials, start your own thread.

Then I'll go **** all over that thread and see how you like it.

Jerks.

Wow.... just wow. must be past someone's bedtime.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited July 2014
    Options
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,910
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    I pretend to be a (convincing) deaf, old man when I get telemarketing calls just to aggravate them.

Your pretending ?? That explains our short conversations....lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Dude!! Sounds like you better get to the free clinic ASAP!! LOL!
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,897
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I'm on testosterone replacement therapy and can only get about .687% wood any more :^ (
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Sci-fi Polk Guy
    Sci-fi Polk Guy Posts: 194
    edited July 2014
    Options
    1. I use a Monster Cable component video cable as interconnects for the front three channels of my system.
    2. I eat mayo, ketchup, mustard and relish on my hot dogs.
    3. I look at the gear that most of you guys have, and it almost makes me shake my head in shame when I look at my gear.

Well, I just pulled the triggrer on a pair of AudioQuest Evergreens for my fronts. Installed them and immediately noticed a BIG difference. Much clearer bass. More open midrange. Clearer highs. And, I got 'em brand new for less than $30. Also installed Kimber Kable 4TC for center channel speaker cable. I previously had Better Cables Silver Serpent Premium cables for all three front channels. I'm looking for a 9 foot pair of Kimber Kable 4TC on Ebay for the fronts. Now, I can eliminate #1 from my list of shameful confessions. YAAAY!!

And, now that I think about it, I really don't feel bad about my gear. During my search for speakers, I auditioned a pair of RTiA5's. I like the sound of miy Paradigms much better. Their driver complement is very similar to the RTiA7's. Will I upgrade some things in the future? Absolutely!! The adventure continues.
    Paradigm 11seMkIII mains, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Paradigm CC 450 center, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Polk Audio RTi6 surrounds
    Paradigm SE sub
    Sony BDP S5100 blu-ray player
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
    Audioquest Evergreen IC's
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,177
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I am on alcohol replacement therapy and own a Desmond Dekker LP.
  • audiocr381ve
    audiocr381ve Posts: 2,588
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Could have been worse...

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7fyw/summers-eve-cleansing-wash-mistaken-body-wash

I think it's one of the best commercials ever made.

What an awesome commercial!
  • Jstas
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I once deliberately sabotaged a date with a girl by telling her about my ex-wife's shenanigans because the girl has the personality of a wet pillow stuffed with noodles.

• Jstas
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I try to give it a fighting chance but this chick was just...yeesh!

It was a blind date too. I walked in and saw a girl sitting there at the Starbucks and said "Lisa...?" and she just stared at me with her mouth open catching flies.

So I said "Guess not, sorry, looking for someone named Lisa, guess she's not here yet."

She says "I'm Lisa!"

That did not bode well. After that it was painful. She seemed scared of the girl behind the counter too and she didn't grasp teh concept that I paid for her beverage and she kept trying to hand the girl her debit card and the girl kept saying no, it was already paid for. I kept trying to have a conversation but she kept saying "That's interesting." and then asking me questions like she was psycho-analyzing me. She was a child psychologist she said so I guess there's that. But she started getting smug and all I could think was "Ok toots, you want to turn up the cranial horsepower, let's dance." I smirked at the absurdity of it all and she says "Is something funny?" I said "No....not at all...you just reminded me of something my ex-wife used to do..." and went from there.

I knew exactly what I was doing and she gradually got this look of horror on her face. Thankfully my cellphone rang and I said I was sorry but I had to get going, I needed to go get on a conference call for the Asia-Pac region Change Control Board meeting but that it was nice meeting her and I'd said I'd give her a call later. I swear she muttered "Don't bother" but I never intended to any way so whatever.

I lit up the tires in the truck on the way out of the Starbucks parking lot too.

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I once cut the tip of my thumb off on a band saw cause I sneezed :( it did it at a weird angle and had a piece of finger nail still attached to when I picked it up off the ground.

they sowed it back on and told me it would turn jet black like frostbite and fall off, but it would promote growth underneath. it hurt for a year as they would not let me put a protective cap over it, every time I bumped it I cried like a little kid LOL. but it grew back so you couldn't tell I ever cut it off.

WOW! I sound like PFB :(
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited August 2014
    Options
    voltz wrote: »
    I once cut the tip of my thumb off on a band saw cause I sneezed :( it did it at a weird angle and had a piece of finger nail still attached to when I picked it up off the ground.

they sowed it back on and told me it would turn jet black like frostbite and fall off, but it would promote growth underneath. it hurt for a year as they would not let me put a protective cap over it, every time I bumped it I cried like a little kid LOL. but it grew back so you couldn't tell I ever cut it off.

WOW! I sound like PFB :(
    I cut the side of my thumb off with one of those huge paper cutters in High School Art Class
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • cristo
    cristo Posts: 231
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I've been watching the new "Girl Meets World" series on Disney.
    An update of the old "Boy Meets World" with Corey and Topanga as the parents now.
    cristo

NAD C 545BEE cd player, Philips AF877 turntable / Shure V15V-MR with JICO SAS stylus,
    Tascam 122 mkIII cassette deck, Harman Kardon 3480 receiver, Terk FM-50 antenna in the attic,
    Soundcraftsmen SE550 stereo equalizer, Polk Monitor 10a speakers
    (with Sonicraft/Solen/Mills crossover rebuild)
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I have projectile vomited into the Atlantic Ocean, and have regrets about not doing it to the pacific instead.
  • Jstas
    Options
    I now have a Blu-Ray player.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,647
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    I now have a Blu-Ray player.
    Just in time .... It'll be obsolete in 2016....

Good on you just got mine last year....glad to see another early adopter.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    On first dates, I used to stop at the pharmacy after I picked the girl up. She would ask what I was getting and I would say condoms.... If she was still there when I got out... I knew it would be a good date. >:)
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    On first dates, I used to stop at the pharmacy after I picked the girl up. She would ask what I was getting and I would say condoms.... If she was still there when I got out... I knew it would be a good date. >:)

Jeeze..... As Tony would say, a little warning LOL
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • nooshinjohn
    edited October 2015
    Options
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Jstas
    Options
    C'mon, really? I resurrected this thread 'cause it was supposed to be light-hearted and fun. Do we have to drag this kinda stuff into EVERY thread?

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,990
    Options
    I once went to Mexico with a new girlfriend and charged condoms to my Mother's charge account at the pharmacy. When I got back, she asked me, "Did you charge something to my charge account at the drug store?" And I denied it all the way.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,564
    Options
    I think that was sarcasm. Three year olds don't log into the Polk
    website. They tend to surf around over at the Bose site.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    website. They tend to surf around over at the Bose site.
    You are correct. My entire post was sarcastic, but I deleted it anyway so as not to offend anyone in any way.

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    I use Monster Cables
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    I sometimes dance like an idiot with my kids when spinning albums.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,647
    edited October 2015
    Options
    website. .
    Correct because in a few short years they will be playing their dads fun box spinning "Grand Theft Auto" picking up easy women and murdering bystanders......

Too soon? o:)B)
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    website. .
    Correct because in a few short years they will be playing their dads fun box spinning "Grand Theft Auto" picking up easy women and murdering bystanders......

Too soon? o:)B)

As long as they aren't playing with momma' squeezebox... Daddy never sleeps at night.

• Timothy Smith
    Options
    Sometimes I drive barefoot in order to "get back to nature".
    Norh ACA-2B tube pre, Sumo Andromeda SS amp. Magneplanar MMG speakers, M&K MX1250 Subwoofer, Pro-Ject RM1.3 Genie TT with Sumiko Pearl MM cart., Keces DAC, Cambridge Audio Azur 640c CD player