LSi9's - OMG!

Options
Got a good deal on a set of LSi9's and set them up in my office for sh%ts and giggles...

I am blow away! They play just so...beautifully...it's about all I can say. Have not ever heard anything like them. The garage is still in storage mode since we moved into the new house, so no HT as of yet so these have really been giving me my audio fix. Worried if an LS front stage will compare...

As Ferris Bueller said..."If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up..."

Enjoy the weekend!
5.2 Main: X3500h, BDP-103, UBP-X800, M70-C3, XPA-3, XPA-2, NHT VT-2, VS-2, Super Zero Xu, PB-1000 x 2

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Glad your diggin' them, rock on. Give them good quality power and they'll sound pretty effin' good.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    They PLAY way bigger than they look, huh?
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • lackboost
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »

Much bigger! They sit on my desktop. Music is really breathtaking on them. Played "Yo-Yo Ma plays Ennio Morricone" the other day and I feel completely immersed in the music. They seem to do well enough with the Adcom - should be seeing about 300w+ from it. Props to the UMC-1 as well, its a nice bit of kit. I wonder if the XPA-2 will open them up further?

Working on additional LSi gear for the HT. Will miss them at the office...

You may see some LS and RTi gear for sale soon!
    5.2 Main: X3500h, BDP-103, UBP-X800, M70-C3, XPA-3, XPA-2, NHT VT-2, VS-2, Super Zero Xu, PB-1000 x 2
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    I enjoyed having the LSi9 as a computer speaker a few years ago.... great speaker.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    lackboost wrote: »

I never thought the lsi did a great job for home theater (with exception of the lsifx) I had a full 7 channel theater with lsi. they were too laid back. Of course it sounded good, don't get me wrong, they excell in the music territory.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »

Much bigger! They sit on my desktop. Music is really breathtaking on them. Played "Yo-Yo Ma plays Ennio Morricone" the other day and I feel completely immersed in the music. They seem to do well enough with the Adcom - should be seeing about 300w+ from it. Props to the UMC-1 as well, its a nice bit of kit. I wonder if the XPA-2 will open them up further?

Nice little speakers for the money. :) Ennio"s music is some of the greatest movie soundtracks ever. I bet Yo- Yo does beautifully with it.

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,542
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

I never thought the lsi did a great job for home theater (with exception of the lsifx) I had a full 7 channel theater with lsi. they were too laid back. Of course it sounded good, don't get me wrong, they excell in the music territory.

Weird Mikey.... I wouldn't say they are super dynamic... But they also are something you can listen to all day long.

Mine provide 7 hours of enjoyment a night.

What did you move to if I may ask?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • chefkungfu
    Options
    Got a good deal on a set of LSi9's and set them up in my office for sh%ts and giggles...

I am blow away! They play just so...beautifully...it's about all I can say. Have not ever heard anything like them. The garage is still in storage mode since we moved into the new house, so no HT as of yet so these have really been giving me my audio fix. Worried if an LS front stage will compare...

As Ferris Bueller said..."If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up..."

Enjoy the weekend!

I wish I could get my ears on a set! Everytime I bid on a set on the bay, I end up losing the auction.
    SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,542
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Wish I had 7 hours to enjoy at night. Must be nice Dan.

Lol.... Not music mainly TV with the kiddo or wife
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    Ennio"s music is some of the greatest movie soundtracks ever. I bet Yo- Yo does beautifully with it.

It's an astounding album. That SACD is one of my reference albums when I swap something in my system...

When my father got back into audio recently, I lent him that SACD. He picked it up for himself the next day.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
    The LSi9 is a fantastic all around speaker. I really enjoyed mine.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options

Weird Mikey.... I wouldn't say they are super dynamic... But they also are something you can listen to all day long.

Mine provide 7 hours of enjoyment a night.

What did you move to if I may ask?

I enjoyed my lsi thoroughly, and yes you can listen to them for hours without fatigue. But there was always something missing in the home theater department. It sounded great, but sometimes boring for home theater. Vr3 upgrade livened them up. Replaced with lsim 705 and 706. Kept my 2 pairs of lsifx, I absolutely adore them. Just recently sold my lsi 15's from my 2 channel system (spent 4 years with them), and currently seeking my 2 channel bliss.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    I have my modded 9s's with a Peachtree Nova 125SE integrated and they sing .
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • quicksilvergts
    Options
    Awesome!!! I couldn't agree with you more
    lackboost.

I too got a great deal for Lsi's, from here on CP(Monepolk THANKS!). About a week and half ago I got Lsi9 and a LsiC. I haven't heard them being driven with just receiver. I immediately hooked them up to my Parasound 1200 II.

Don't mind Mr. Potatoe head, he is very friendly even with his Frankenstein setup.

crxsk1yec9u1.jpg
    goifhanebxpf.jpg
    Polk Lsi9
    Polk LsiC
    Polk Fxi3
    Pioneer SC-1222
    Parasound 1200 II w/ Kimber Kable HERO + 4TC
    SVS PB12-NSD (Bash)
    PS4
    Sharp Aquos 55"

"If your BOLD enough to try it,
    your BOLD enough to make it happen"
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Nice looking stands!
    I keep bouncing between the lsi9 and the mythos sts. They are very different from each other. I enjoy both for different reasons. On the used market, the lsi9's is a barging I think. Darn good sounding speaker.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Polkie2009
    Options
    +1 on the stands, those look sharp! ;)
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,141
    Options
    Awesome!!! I couldn't agree with you more
    lackboost.

I too got a great deal for Lsi's, from here on CP(Monepolk THANKS!). About a week and half ago I got Lsi9 and a LsiC. I haven't heard them being driven with just receiver. I immediately hooked them up to my Parasound 1200 II.

Glad you're enjoying your speakers :)
  • audiocr381ve
    audiocr381ve Posts: 2,588
    Options
    Really dug my LSi9's for the time I had them! They were incredible with a lot of my electronic music.
  • ndmaynard
    Options
    You must have a gigantic desk because the LSI9s are massive.
  • lackboost
    Options
    I sublet from an architect and the desks are very deep. It's been nice for setting up that rig. Next: dual 27" wide screens!
  • Polkie2009
    Options
    Lots of CAD guys like having the dual monitor setup too. :)
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    Options

agree! which stands are those?

The LSi9s are currently in my office set up as well run off NAD gear. I've always enjoyed them and they punch much higher than their size. I had friends that often thought my sub was on when I played music with them due to the punch they have. I even had a sub in the room but never hooked it up because these had all I needed for the music I was listening to.

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    cstmar01 wrote: »

agree! which stands are those?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQCIRTG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I use them for my Focal's in my living room. Great stands for the $$, think I picked up mine for $100.

Going to fill with sand and I plan on adding some cork where the support tube meets the top plate (like my Sanus Ultimates).
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,058
    Options

I never thought the lsi did a great job for home theater (with exception of the lsifx) I had a full 7 channel theater with lsi. they were too laid back. Of course it sounded good, don't get me wrong, they excel in the music territory.
    Basically exactly how I felt about them when I owned a full LSI theater setup. Especially coming from a full RTi system, for theater you will lose some of the sheer impact the RTI's provide. But what you will gain is clarity and depth of detail in the sound. The LSI's are much better all around speaker then the RTI's despite the lack of Dynamic range ability. They are as said a laid back sounding speaker.
    Music on the other hand can be amazingly pleasing. I remember when I first got them, the LSI15's mind you, I sat in my living room of then and lost myself in the music. Hours went past and I didn't lose any interest, I actually craved more.
    I Wrote a pretty good review on them years and years ago which might be worth reading now that you are considering going all LSi. I'll see if I can dig it up if it still exists on here.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.