System showcase

I'm super disappointed this feature disappeared off the forum. I would spend hours checking out everyone's systems. Could we start this up again? 2 channel? Home theater? Let's show off our systems! I will start. Here's some theater shots.
2 channel:
Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
Theater:
Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

Comments

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Impressive, impressive indeed.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    It's simply gorgeous.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    8si0opb4ymps.jpg
    Randy/Maine
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    I'm super disappointed this feature disappeared off the forum. I would spend hours checking out everyone's systems. Could we start this up again? 2 channel? Home theater? Let's show off our systems! I will start. Here's some theater shots.
    One more casualty of the Vanilla upgrade...
    But for those interested, you can still find the remnants of the Showcase here> http://web.archive.org/web/20090205040535/http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/index.php

but the last person to update was awhile ago. Still, it's kinda cool going back and seeing some of the members' setups, even though many have evolved since then - I know my current equipment is very different from what it was in 2007.

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • oldrocker
    boston1450 wrote: »
    q3cywqx9o7pj.jpg

Mr. Boston, is that an Akai cassette player? I have a GXC 706 D and it's looks very similar to yours. Nice Teac RTR you got there.

• oldrocker

Agrees with you, love peeking at other setups.

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438

Mr. Boston, is that an Akai cassette player? I have a GXC 706 D and it's looks very similar to yours. Nice Teac RTR you got there.

[/quote] It is a Yamaha TC-520. I still have alot of my cassettes from the 70's :) the Akai players are built like tanks also. As long as you use them. Sitting is its worse enemy

Randy/Maine
  • Den
    ip8ddr0uu94l.jpg
    ypychxgh17xz.jpg
    l9537hmpaugb.jpg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited August 2015
    v1X5Kah.jpg

90Hucy3.jpg

5tSPg6r.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited August 2015
    Jeremy, that basement setup looks sweet! Looks like it's ready for a party and poker night. ;) Wow, those speaker stands in the den up front look stout!
  • lr303y2cwasb.jpg
    Here you go

Daannnggg....that looks very nice. Very clean setup.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited August 2015
    What a wonderful piece of nostalgia, the old days, when we had a systems' page. Didn't realize how much I missed member's systems till this thread.

I don't have a camera that can do justice to an indoor shot. AND, my house and gear are in such a state of disarray that any pics would be embarrassing compared to all the well-cared for, arranged and clean systems above. I'd have to "dust" for a week or so before I could even take a shot! Then move the extra speakers and equipment out of the way, or de-clutter! Because, I'm a bit of a pack-rat. Every shot above is hospital quality compared to my mess!
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    I can relate cnh! ;)
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,457
    mikeyb - Why did you take the statue of the dog out in the second pic?
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • oldrocker
    Super cool stuff folks B) , thanks for sharing.. :)
  • mikeyb128
    smglbrth wrote: »
    mikeyb - Why did you take the statue of the dog out in the second pic?

The second pic was actually the first. As soon as the camera comes out the dog comes running and sits down. Lol
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• mikeyb128
    0bgl8nnelldp.jpg

My 2 channel system. Not super impressive, but modded lsi15's on mono blocks sound super sweet.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    10127672406_daf8cdc207_b.jpgDSC_8059 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

I have always loved your room and set-up..

• oldrocker
    0bgl8nnelldp.jpg

My 2 channel system. Not super impressive, but modded lsi15's on mono blocks sound super sweet.

Pretty darn impressive to me!!

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited August 2015
    DSkip wrote: »
    That must be a before "The Attack of the Killer Speakers" shot. ;)

oh, you mean like this?

16450138639_ec8c09decb_b.jpgDSC_0240 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Danged speakers gotta be somewhere...
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

I have always loved your room and set-up..
    Thank you. It's too bad I don't have the discipline to get rid of some of the junk and tidy it up. If you find yourself in northern New England with a little time to spare, c'mon by and give a listen!
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Part of the LR HT setup. fe6nzgh1d266.jpg
  • Toolfan66 wrote: »
    g0nwfxt839au.jpg

Umm..is that the view from the ceiling fan?
  • mikeyb128
    Kurt300 wrote: »
    Part of the LR HT setup. fe6nzgh1d266.jpg

This looks familiar! Nice set up!
    2 channel:
    Theater: