Think I wrecked the Porsche!

Options
124»

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    Drive a costly car, be ready for the costs that go with it. If you have to sell stuff to pay for repairs then you over stretched yourself on the car. Which would probably explain why you bought used and not new in the first place.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    my last 2 cars have been preowned certified, just as good as new. My last I am still driving 8 years now. Those that buy a new car every 3-5 years are wasting money hands over fists.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    Cars are "costly" no matter what one drives. Sure you can buy new and avoid repair bills, but that warranty isn't free, as it is included in the cost/value of the car and covered by the purchase price (as is that 0% financing). So you are paying for the repairs and finance costs directly or indirectly. One is rolling the dice either way...new or used.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Drive a costly car, be ready for the costs that go with it. If you have to sell stuff to pay for repairs then you over stretched yourself on the car. Which would probably explain why you bought used and not new in the first place.

Calm down there haus. Nothing wrong with buying used, but whether you buy new or used, when those repair bills actually hit, you start to rethink your investment regardless. I bought my G37 as a 3 year old car with only 10k miles on it at almost half price of new. It was at the top of my budget, but its been rock-solid and is still covered under warranty until December.

You're talking about a variant of the VQ35 engine, Nissan's run of the mill, tried and true engine that's been around for almost two decades to a Boxster which is well known for breaking down to the point that the CEL equals CHANGE ENGINE LIGHT.

You had a much more reliable purchase for sure. My best friend has the first of the first gen Boxsters...and yes they're money pits.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Options
    I got a laugh at Joeys post as its just so smug, smarmy, rude and condescending. Maybe you should not be so presumptuous Joey as you know little of me, my car, my finaces or why I bought it.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I personally have not purchased a new car since 1974, that's right. I am sure this is one of many reasons my house is paid for and I have zero debt. Well, except for the credit card bill I will have, due to AudioThesis.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    I personally have not purchased a new car since 1974, that's right. I am sure this is one of many reasons my house is paid for and I have zero debt. Well, except for the credit card bill I will have, due to AudioThesis.
    Congrats motorhead, sounds like you've been to Financial Peace University. Drowning in debt is no way to live. I'm working on the baby steps and have a ways to go.

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,057
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Wow! I really hope you didn't mean this the way it comes across.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    Theres no other way that statement could come across, Ithink the only thing thats overstretched is Joeys welcome at cp lol.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Oh Jesus H. Christ man, Chill out. Joey I'm sure didn't mean to be condescending , and his stay here is certainly not stretched. Talkin' cars and you guys come away in a pissin' match ?

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    My last two cars were new. First was an 87 VW Fox (Blue), paid off after 6 months, that I kept for 17 years. Second is my current car, a 2005 Mazda 3, paid cash, which will be 11 years old this October.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Oh Jesus H. Christ man, Chill out. Joey I'm sure didn't mean to be condescending , and his stay here is certainly not stretched. Talkin' cars and you guys come away in a pissin' match ?

Of course he did Tony and your insulting my intelligence by stating otherwise.
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    Options
    *crickets* Intelligence? *crickets*
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    No I'm not PFB.....and it certainly wouldn't be the first time things were taken the wrong way around here. Here's a clue....send the man a PM and ask him what he meant by that. Easy enough .....no ? Maybe I'm wrong...but ask Joey to clarify before going off the deep end.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,057
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Theres no other way that statement could come across, Ithink the only thing thats overstretched is Joeys welcome at cp lol.
    I think it could have been misrepresented, thus my response saying that I hoped it wasn't meant they way it came across. Joey may read it and say, "Yeah, that's exactly what I meant." Or he may read it and say, "Oh my gosh, that really came across different than I meant. Let me apologize to anyone who has ever bought a used car."

Either way, Joey is a long, long way from overstretching his welcome.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »
    My last two cars were new. First was an 87 VW Fox (Blue), paid off after 6 months, that I kept for 17 years. Second is my current car, a 2005 Mazda 3, paid cash, which will be 11 years old this October.

Please tell me its a 3 Speed - I could so see you in that.

No, 2005 was the second year they were made, and the 3 Speed was not yet available. Plus, I prefer sedans to the hatchback. It is the S model with a 5 speed manual and higher horsepower than stock. I love this car. Not a single problem yet, and still looks and runs great. After the plain Fox, I call this my mini-Lexus. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    No I'm not PFB.....and it certainly wouldn't be the first time things were taken the wrong way around here. Here's a clue....send the man a PM and ask him what he meant by that. Easy enough .....no ? Maybe I'm wrong...but ask Joey to clarify before going off the deep end.

Tony Iknow that Iam never going to win any popularity contests so i canbe more open and speak my mind. When some wana be wealthy guy tells me I bought a used car because its all Ican afford I am going to speak my mind. How does he know? Maybe I could click my heals together three times and be driving around in a lambo if Iwanted? The point is that we should all leave the finacial speculation at the door because Ilog in here as an equal and the only form of richness is knowledge.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options

Tony Iknow that Iam never going to win any popularity contests so i canbe more open and speak my mind. When some wana be wealthy guy tells me I bought a used car because its all Ican afford I am going to speak my mind. How does he know? Maybe I could click my heals together three times and be driving around in a lambo if Iwanted? The point is that we should all leave the finacial speculation at the door because Ilog in here as an equal and the only form of richness is knowledge.

Really? Because I remember you claiming that someone had to use *your* money to buy speakers which comes across the same way. If you want to call a spade a spade, so be it but don't try to act all innocent like you haven't pulled the same **** yourself (in case you aren't getting it, you did)

"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

Really? Because I remember you claiming that someone had to use *your* money to buy speakers which comes across the same way. If you want to call a spade a spade, so be it but don't try to act all innocent like you haven't pulled the same **** yourself (in case you aren't getting it, you did)

That's gonna leave a mark...

• polkfarmboy
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Ryan you taking a month to refund me an going outbuying speakers during my wait haszilch to do with anything other than you wanting a soft pat on thebackside from joey v to be in his gang.
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    You keep telling yourself that cupcake. You still claim you have proof and have not yet once posted it up. One would think you would want to clear any potential ill perception of you.

But then I have learned enough about you to not expect anything even remotely resembling decency from you. Just pitiful attempts to defame every chance you get. Sad really. But you keep tryin' there slugger. But no sprinkles for you...sprinkles are for winners.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    Ryan Ithough we put this episode behind us but Iwill pm you with the paypal dates and also the date of the thread with you coming home with a truckload of lsi speakers and you can post it because no onecares.

Ifmsome one makes a dbag comment to me then thats between me and the poster to clear up. I wassstarting to build up a bit of respect for you before this attack thats nothing to do with anything?
  • ZLTFUL
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It wasn't an attack. Never was. But you seem to have some chip on your shoulder with anyone who disagrees with you. Joey had a valid point. He stated it a bit harshly but the point (I am referring in general, not now and never said you specifically) is very valid.

I bought the BMW used knowing full well that I was going to be paying more for oil changes and other general maintenance.
    Think of it this way, you buy a used $90,000 BMW M5 for $35,000. This doesn't mean that the costs associated with the $90,000 car are now those of a $35,000 car. They are still the costs of a $90,000 car.

It boils down to simply being an informed consumer. You don't buy audio gear with a track record of failures so why would one buy a car with the same without knowing ahead of time what they are getting themselves into?

Again, not an attack but the points of the post Joey made are valid.
    My comment was directed at your comment as he somehow came across as stuck up or smarmy. One could argue the same thing when you post up your Kef Blades or Bluefox's Magicos or even my new vehicle post. The point is, don't call someone out for something you do yourself. It is petty at the least and outright insulting at the worst.

Also, I care because you flat out called me a liar.

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    There goes the thread. The horse is unrecognizable as a horse at this point. Stop beating it (is what my wife always says...the pun part)

Lets see if we can steer this back to a thread about PFB buying a ridiculous car............

Hi <3<3
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    I'd say he need a Buick and that'll settle his skinny jeans down!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    My buddy had a killer Skylark when we were in high school. Needless to say, he lost his virvinity in college.

Buicks are the car version of abstinence...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    Ryan Ithough we put this episode behind us but Iwill pm you with the paypal dates and also the date of the thread with you coming home with a truckload of lsi speakers and you can post it because no onecares.

Ifmsome one makes a dbag comment to me then thats between me and the poster to clear up. I wassstarting to build up a bit of respect for you before this attack thats nothing to do with anything?

Is your spacebar effing broke? Your posts lately are even less understandable than normal. Also, I must say in Joey's defense. If you have to sell **** to maintain your vehicle you're in over your head.

This discussion has been closed.