Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    Monitor 4's with the odd ball tweeter - $40 Denver

http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/5100088255.html

00i0i_3Tqbvvt0Mr3_600x450.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    Options
    I wouldn't pay more than $62.50 CDN. According to the exchange rate.

• Nightfall
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I wouldn't pay more than $62.50 CDN. According to the exchange rate.

Fer $80 I can get a pair of somewhat minty mismatched tweeter RTA-11TLs...and one contains a SL 2000...ugh lol

That's a great deal! Put them in the bedroom and sell the Monitor 5's to fund a pair of RDO-198's.

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    SDA SRS in the twin cities area. Looks to be about two hours away. He says he will deliver to the twin cities in original boxes. He bought them new. j0qf99hh1jap.jpg
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Twice what I paid for mine. But with the eight new upgrade tweeters I bought for mine. Fifteen would be my price too. I am keeping mine forever! Have a safe Fourth of July weekend. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    Options
    Yea they have been going up. I would not part with either set that I have. I guess I am what you called satisfied.
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • PolkieMan
    Options
    Seeing them in a nice room like that tells me that they have probably been well taken care of.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,477
    Options
    Agree. Sometimes its worth the extra coin just to get em clean & taken care of
    Randy/Maine
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,084
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    PolkieMan wrote: »
    Seeing them in a nice room like that tells me that they have probably been well taken care of.

You mean immaculate boxes for speakers decades old don't give you that same feeling?

Seeing them in a dirty garage or outside makes me gag.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options

You mean immaculate boxes for speakers decades old don't give you that same feeling?

Seeing them in a dirty garage or outside makes me gag.

Agreed, looks very nice.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • PolkieMan
    Options
    Yea that too, looks to be well preserved and not abused.

• Herk
    Herk Posts: 24
    Options
    dam i wanted those sdas in eden
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    Options
    I will be in Crosby next month on the annual mountain bike trip Crosbynotonly has one of the best Mountain.bike courses in Minnesota it appears to have a nice pair of SDA's. I Know quite a few people in the Crosby, Brainerd area I grew up in that area. I should have one of my buddies contact the sellers, however I don't need them.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Herk
    Options
    What should someone expect to pay for sda srs or 1.2tl? I am thinking of buying another pair.
  • Herk
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    SDA SRS in the twin cities area. Looks to be about two hours away. He says he will deliver to the twin cities in original boxes. He bought them new. j0qf99hh1jap.jpg

I was thinking of contacting this guy, is he a forum member? Is it really to much to pay for these? What should someone look myself ask? Lets say their not sold and he agrees to ship em. What the best way to ship and package em?
  • PolkieMan
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Having the original boxes is a plus. How far, like 500 miles? You will need to contact a moving company. http://www.theupsstore.com/pack-ship/Pages/freight.aspx
    http://www.freightcenter.com/furniture shipping.aspx
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Herk wrote: »
    I was thinking of contacting this guy, is he a forum member? Is it really to much to pay for these? What should someone look myself ask? Lets say their not sold and he agrees to ship em. What the best way to ship and package em?

I purchased my SDA SRS1.2s in Florida and had them shipped to New Hampshire.

I engaged an antique shipper to pick them up at the seller's house, pad them very well (as in for a priceless antique), strap them face to face on a pallet, and ship them via a moving company which he uses regularly to ship antiques.

Yes, shipping cost almost as much as the speakers, but I received them without incident.

At the time I was ignorant of the magnet-shifting potential, but the speakers arrived with magnets in place.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• boston1450
    Options
    I had some 2b's shipped from Colorado & they were strapped on pallet & shrunk wrapped also. Made the trip perfectly. Also rta15's shipped from Colorada also with no issues. Every Polk speaker i have has been shipped & only once with issue. Its nice if the driver magnets were glued. But thats not alway the case
    Randy/Maine
  • Herk
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Herk wrote: »

I purchased my SDA SRS1.2s in Florida and had them shipped to New Hampshire.

I engaged an antique shipper to pick them up at the seller's house, pad them very well (as in for a priceless antique), strap them face to face on a pallet, and ship them via a moving company which he uses regularly to ship antiques.

Yes, shipping cost almost as much as the speakers, but I received them without incident.

At the time I was ignorant of the magnet-shifting potential, but the speakers arrived with magnets in place.

What do you mean face to face, I assume you had the laying down not standing up for shipment right? Is the best way to ship these on their backs or fronts, this way to minimize magnet movement maybe? I am a visual person so i get confused with word explanations sorry.
  • PolkieMan
    Options
    Yes ship them on their backs.
  • Herk
    Options
    Thank You polkie man. I can't afford to pay the same amount for shipping as the speakers cost. I was hoping they would be around 250-300 bucks to ship. From mn to ny.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The real problem with shipping something like this is the freight class. Not much different than shipping eggs. It costs a lot more due to the fragility of the items.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited July 2015
    Options

Yes, this the the best way to ship them to prevent magnets from shifting.

However, as I said, I was completely ignorant about this potential problem when i arranged shipping for my speakers. Mine were shipped standing upright and face-to-face. As I recall, the shipper also shrink-wraped them together.

I lucked out that I had no problems. Now, the magnets are secured with JB Weld! :)
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,084
    Options
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • boston1450
    Options
    Those are SWEET
    Randy/Maine
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,542
    Options
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • PolkieMan
    Options
    Yes when I had mine moved from Houston to Pearland, upright, 12 miles in 1992, I had no idea either. But it wasn't far and they haven't moved since.

Yes, this the the best way to ship them to prevent magnets from shifting.

However, as I said, I was completely ignorant about this potential problem when i arranged shipping for my speakers. Mine were shipped standing upright and face-to-face. As I recall, the shipper also shrink-wraped them together.

I lucked out that I had no problems. Now, the magnets are secured with JB Weld! :)

• xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,084
    Options
    Price is about $50-100 too high IMO. They are rare birds, but not worth $250 and barely worth $200. I'd take them over early RTA12's though.

Are those the Peerless Tweeters?
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's