Anyone into watches/timepieces?

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Thanks VC! Yea, that was my first and to date only watch splurge. Back in 07ish I think it was about $2K or so. The simplicity is what appealed to me the most.

That and if I ever die at sea, I know my watch will keep on ticking, hah.

They will be able to tell when you died as well, because the power reserve will run out on your SO within 48h of you drowning!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Trying on my wrist... Panerai 505.

Composite case and great leather band.

tlzckjtjqtpg.jpg
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Joey_V wrote: »

tlzckjtjqtpg.jpg

Good looking clock you got there. :p
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638

tlzckjtjqtpg.jpg

Dude is there Rogaine for arms? I'm not a hairy man by any stretch but I feel ape like looking at your pic's....

JK....

• Joey_V
    As long as my hair remains on my head... I do not care!!!

Hahahhahaha

tlzckjtjqtpg.jpg

Dude is there Rogaine for arms? I'm not a hairy man by any stretch but I feel ape like looking at your pic's....

JK....

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    @Joey_V not ignoring your question on the Russian Diver, just haven't measured it yet. It is the largest face in my collection though.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    My latest "cheap" watch.

INVICTA-17948.jpg

Nice man... what's the diameter size on that one? I like the crown, very different.

52mm. It is definitely the largest diameter in my collection.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Joey_V
    A fun one 7zioc2fzwnwg.jpg
  • ZLTFUL
    Got a coupl eof Casio G-Shocks from my time working at an Anheuser Busch distributorship. Wore them all the time there (A Corona and A Bud Light) but haven't worn them much since then. I should dig em out...like you say...fun pieces.

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    I'll tell you what, Casio has stepped it up over the past 10 years or so. Saw a Casio presentation about 2 months ago on ShopNBC or is it EvineLive now? A number of their timepieces were up around $350.00 or so. I had one back in the mid 80's (?) and wore it everyday,put it through he l l , I think the screen finally went bad after about 8 years.
  • ZLTFUL
    My only real issue with digital watches is an image thing. Not they don't have a cool factor to them but I work in IT and it is almost expected that you wear a digital watch (most likely a calculator one LOL).

I like showing up to work in my blingy analog watches. Just because I am a geek doesn't mean I have to dress like one. Hehe

• Joey_V
    I like casios cuz I can go color crazy
  • ZLTFUL
    Today's Invicta...Diver in gold with blue accents. jodqpcezd770.jpg

• Polkie2009
    EvineLive had a huge 4 hr. long watch sale yesterday, lots of Invicta, Gevril, Versace,Deep Blue timepieces. I think I saw one like yours Zltful, with the venom bezel? ;)
  • ZLTFUL
    Speaking of Venoms, this Venom is my next purchase...

A1q9nGHy45L._UX342_.jpg

• Polkie2009
    Yes, that one looks like one of the gunmetal distressed venom with the heat blasted dial. I saw a few of them on tv about 2 or three months ago.
  • Joey_V
    Z... you have a real addiction here...
  • ZLTFUL
    LOL. You started the thread!

• ZLTFUL
    Wore the Russian1959 Diver today...
    64m3wpek6pa2.jpg
    Seemed to go with the Hawaiian shirt. ;)

• Polkie2009
    Looks sharp Zltful! I just noticed the sophistication of detail on the carbon fiber dial. No matter what you own, it's nice to have options in timepieces to wear. :)
  • ZLTFUL
    Thanks! I can say this will probably be my favorite "daily driver". At least until I get all of my hard bands resized (dropping 70lbs so far has effected my wrist size...go figure...)

• ZLTFUL
    Touche Skip. Touche indeed.

• Joey_V
    I see a fuzzy wrist Skip. Your invisible watch sure looks nice.
  • Polkie2009
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Thanks! I can say this will probably be my favorite "daily driver". At least until I get all of my hard bands resized (dropping 70lbs so far has effected my wrist size...go figure...)
    Congrats on the weight loss , sounds like you're doing great, keep it up Zltful! ;)

• ZLTFUL
    Went basic today...
    aa6bci6smv83.jpg

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    30 watches!!!!....that's a lot of clams just to know what time it is. B)
    I feel like a pick with all 30 on one arm will really drive the point home. What would be even better is if you could set each to a different time zone. See ya in a week!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • ZLTFUL
    LOL Unlikely. Almost all of the more expensive options are in the safe deposit box while we are remodeling. It isn't that I don't trust the folks wandering around my house, it's just that I don't trust them.

• Joey_V
    Z -

I like that clean Timex, white dial, leather band... classy.
  • ZLTFUL
    Love this thing...looks like a dragon attacked it or something!
    jomh7vt7t65u.jpg

• Joey_V
    We should just name this thread "Z's collection of watches"... lol...

Another nice one man.