Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    About 4 hours. I'm beat, ran the heck out of my saw/carrying limbs. It's a very small town in rural Indiana. I have to admit, the volunteer fire department was on the spot and moving everything out of road. It took a few power lines down which scared the bajeebers out of this old **** :o
  • oldrocker
    Wow, F a R t.. is a banned word..Sorry all... :*
  • oldrocker
    Funny thing about this, once the cutting was done and the carrying began, I took a break and spoke to the neighbor saying, in a joking manner, "now all we need" is some music to move things along, this guy who I never met, goes to his garage fires up some old stereo, comes walking back with a bunch of cold beers for everyone. I eventually ventured back to the garage and he's got an old Sansui 7070? "something" I think, with a pair of vintage Klipsh just cranking away... Made the work much easier. Not being a beer drinker myself, I got one down, not to be rude as the music was sounding pretty good.... :)
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    I love -- and miss -- that Hoosier spirit!

Well done, oldrocker!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• WastelandWand'r
    WastelandWand'r Posts: 466
    edited May 2015
    Three bland nondescript cars behind it really set it off. Nice GSX.
    Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
    Polk 1000p Center
    Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
    OPPO BDP-93
    Squeezebox
    Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
    Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
    Sales Rating #1!!
  • Sorry for a another snowmachine/mobile picture. I was out looking for bears this spring and came across these.
    Grizzly tracks, as they are the only kind in these parts unless a Polar Bear is lost and trying to find the sea ice. This is on the western end of the Brooks Range in the Noatak Preserve.
    No bear, but fun to be out after a long winter.
    Nd3aygnadcsfr.jpg

Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
    Polk 1000p Center
    Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
    OPPO BDP-93
    Squeezebox
    Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
    Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
    Sales Rating #1!!
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834

Well done, oldrocker!
    Blessings to you oldrocker, Moose, I hear it time and time again about how wonderful the people of Indiana are, they really are amazing.

• bryantspaint
    bryantspaint Posts: 114
    Nice 103ci brand new Rick88
  • oldrocker

Well done, oldrocker!

Still got that "open" door for when and if you folks move back this way... B)

• oldrocker
    Polkie2009 wrote: »

Well done, oldrocker!
    Blessings to you oldrocker, Moose, I hear it time and time again about how wonderful the people of Indiana are, they really are amazing.

We got some "good" eggs in these parts. Except when it comes to Purdue versus IU. Always unique opinions about that subject matter... :D

• Moose68Bash
    oldrocker wrote: »
    We got some "good" eggs in these parts. Except when it comes to Purdue versus IU. Always unique opinions about that subject matter... :D

Well, some of us Hoosiers -- erstwhile and current -- have trouble with the IU/Purdue thing.

My father was an alumnus of both, for example. He was a died-in-the-wool IU basketball fan and an equally ardent PU football fan. Go figure!

Both are great universities in their own ways.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Lol, I was going to say the P.U. vs. N.D. is probably a big rivalry. My nephew from TX. completed his engineering masters at Perdue, great university.
  • Moose68Bash
    Purdue and Notre Dame are great rivals in football.

The IU v. Purdue rivalry is "punctuated" byt the Old Oaken Bucket trophy that goes to the winner each year. The record is lopsided (almost 2:1) in favor of Purdue.

I've never understood the reason the IU does not put more into its football program.

I suppose they need a Bobby Knight of football! >:)

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I've never understood the reason the IU does not put more into its football program.

They are too busy paying off all the basketball coaches they had to fire during contract (Kelvin Sampson, Bobby Knight) and overpaying for their current coach (Tom Crean) while also spending all their money on their fu-fu liberal arts programs........

muahahahahaha...... screw IU!

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    I hate when that happens ! B)

xisfj6yuubro.jpg
  • Moose68Bash

They are too busy paying off all the basketball coaches they had to fire during contract (Kelvin Sampson, Bobby Knight) and overpaying for their current coach (Tom Crean) while also spending all their money on their fu-fu liberal arts programs........

Are you, perchance, a Purdue fan?

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517

Are you, perchance, a Purdue fan?

Maybe lol... Might have my BA from the school of engineering :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Moose68Bash
    I think Indiana is blessed to have two great public universities like Purdue and IU.

Purdue's school of engineering is undoubtedly among the best -- not just a treasure of the State of Indiana, but also of the nation.

You have every reason to be a proud Boilermaker -- just don't pound down too many of them! :)

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited May 2015
    Some days you're the sunglasses, some days you're the bug
    ? Or is that guano?

In the latter case, it would be kind of amusing -- as it would hearken back to the very first post in this thread.
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/40719/post-a-picture-any-picture/p1

James Joyce would've been proud! ;- )
  • chefkungfu
    chefkungfu Posts: 638
    ^^^ can't stop laughing, I had forgotten about that first photo!!!!
    SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • gdb
    edited May 2015
    The last thing to go through a bug's mind when it flies into a windshield (or your teeth) ??? His ****$hole ! B)
  • gdb
    Rick88 wrote: »
    gdb wrote: »
    I hate when that happens ! B)

xisfj6yuubro.jpg

LOL. :D

Been there before, but never quite that bad. Yet another reminder why it is also a good idea to ride with your mouth shut... :p

The worst is when the bird's been eating berries and the droppings are all blue and purple ! ;)

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    That's why you should wear a helmet!

Here's my bike and family :smile:
    11088766_10106571483132004_1445888539217160265_o.jpg
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • gdb
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Some days you're the sunglasses, some days you're the bug
    ? Or is that guano?

In the latter case, it would be kind of amusing -- as it would hearken back to the very first post in this thread.
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/40719/post-a-picture-any-picture/p1

James Joyce would've been proud! ;- )

In a similar vein............ (photoshop contest, NOT REAL) 7i5stcmkbs25.png