Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,216
    tonyb wrote: »
    Not for me Mark, I could look at your pics all day. Beautiful piece of property you have there. Count your blessings my friend.

Agreed!

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • zingo
    zingo Audiophile Posts: 11,255
    After living in our house for 6 months and doing some remodeling, our cabin is finally starting to come together!

4aflcfrfk9nz.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 27,370
    That looks nice! I love wood in interior spaces.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,835
    Wood is nice for acoustics along with some acoustic treatments. :)
  • zingo
    zingo Audiophile Posts: 11,255
    I'm standing behind the couch to take the picture, and behind me is a wall of windows, which I shut the curtains for music and movies. Works pretty well having a lively room with a vaulted ceiling, and absorption in the rear. The sound system isn't ideal, but works well for the room since it is so reflective. Mounted under the TV is a Yamaha YSP-4000, and the DIY subwoofer you see to the left. My original plans to install a discrete 5.1 fell through when I figured out the walls of the cabin are solid cedar, and there was no easy or graceful was to run a bunch of wires. The power outlets on the fireplace where the equipment is plugged into were built into the brick when it was laid in 1961. There are cabinets built into each side behind the fireplace, which I installed the electronics in one side, and all the media on the other. I figured it was easy enough to drill through that wood to run the TV and sound bar cables, but even that ended up being three solid inches of cedar.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,772
    edited May 2015
    odgdaf62hyqi.jpg

Cape Neddick Light ("Nubble Lighthouse"), Nubble Island, York, Maine, 7:40pm, 15 May 2015

Unfortunately, not expecting to be taking photos, I had only my iPhone 5.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer with Morrow Audios USB cable to DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II; AQ Sky XLRs, McIntosh MC 220 Tube Pre; AQ Sky XLRs, CAT 600.2 Dualmono Amp, Morrow SP7 Speaker Cables, SDA SRS 1.2tls (RD0198s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: "The Abbot" Monastery-Level Xovers, Custom Internal Wiring, Binding Post Plates, & SDA ICs).

Exercise Room, Wadia 171 iPod Dock, PS Audio PerfectWave Transport, Innuos Streamer with Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux PMF3150 Amp, Dreadnought, Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables, SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers).

Synology 713+ NAS on Gigabit LAN serving PW MkII DAC & DirectStream DAC.
  • Moose68Bash
    dsbuz2nclria.jpg

Beach on Martha's Vineyard, 15 September 2014

Again, all I had, unfortunately, was my iPhone 5.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer with Morrow Audios USB cable to DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II; AQ Sky XLRs, McIntosh MC 220 Tube Pre; AQ Sky XLRs, CAT 600.2 Dualmono Amp, Morrow SP7 Speaker Cables, SDA SRS 1.2tls (RD0198s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: "The Abbot" Monastery-Level Xovers, Custom Internal Wiring, Binding Post Plates, & SDA ICs).

Exercise Room, Wadia 171 iPod Dock, PS Audio PerfectWave Transport, Innuos Streamer with Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux PMF3150 Amp, Dreadnought, Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables, SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers).

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,402
    Got a call from a friend for help/cleanup withp81ij6gn1i8n.jpg
    straight line winds this evening :s Thankfully no one was hurt.
  • oldrocker
    Thankfully the retired/older gentleman that lives in that house and sits on the porch all the time, just watching cars go by, decided to take his dog to the local pet store for a new "chew toy". Missed the winds by like 5 minutes..Phew!
  • oldrocker
    About 4 hours. I'm beat, ran the heck out of my saw/carrying limbs. It's a very small town in rural Indiana. I have to admit, the volunteer fire department was on the spot and moving everything out of road. It took a few power lines down which scared the bajeebers out of this old **** :o
  • oldrocker
    Wow, F a R t.. is a banned word..Sorry all... :*
  • oldrocker
    Funny thing about this, once the cutting was done and the carrying began, I took a break and spoke to the neighbor saying, in a joking manner, "now all we need" is some music to move things along, this guy who I never met, goes to his garage fires up some old stereo, comes walking back with a bunch of cold beers for everyone. I eventually ventured back to the garage and he's got an old Sansui 7070? "something" I think, with a pair of vintage Klipsh just cranking away... Made the work much easier. Not being a beer drinker myself, I got one down, not to be rude as the music was sounding pretty good.... :)
  • Moose68Bash
    I love -- and miss -- that Hoosier spirit!

Well done, oldrocker!

• WastelandWand'r
    WastelandWand'r Posts: 466
    edited May 2015
    Three bland nondescript cars behind it really set it off. Nice GSX.
    Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
    Polk 1000p Center
    Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
    OPPO BDP-93
    Squeezebox
    Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
    Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
    Sales Rating #1!!
  • Sorry for a another snowmachine/mobile picture. I was out looking for bears this spring and came across these.
    Grizzly tracks, as they are the only kind in these parts unless a Polar Bear is lost and trying to find the sea ice. This is on the western end of the Brooks Range in the Noatak Preserve.
    No bear, but fun to be out after a long winter.
    Nd3aygnadcsfr.jpg

Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
    Polk 1000p Center
    Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
    OPPO BDP-93
    Squeezebox
    Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
    Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
    Sales Rating #1!!
  • Polkie2009

Well done, oldrocker!
    Blessings to you oldrocker, Moose, I hear it time and time again about how wonderful the people of Indiana are, they really are amazing.

• bryantspaint
    bryantspaint Posts: 114
    Nice 103ci brand new Rick88
  • oldrocker

Well done, oldrocker!

Still got that "open" door for when and if you folks move back this way... B)

• oldrocker
    Polkie2009 wrote: »

Well done, oldrocker!
    Blessings to you oldrocker, Moose, I hear it time and time again about how wonderful the people of Indiana are, they really are amazing.

We got some "good" eggs in these parts. Except when it comes to Purdue versus IU. Always unique opinions about that subject matter... :D

• Moose68Bash
    oldrocker wrote: »
    We got some "good" eggs in these parts. Except when it comes to Purdue versus IU. Always unique opinions about that subject matter... :D

Well, some of us Hoosiers -- erstwhile and current -- have trouble with the IU/Purdue thing.

My father was an alumnus of both, for example. He was a died-in-the-wool IU basketball fan and an equally ardent PU football fan. Go figure!

Both are great universities in their own ways.

• Polkie2009
    Lol, I was going to say the P.U. vs. N.D. is probably a big rivalry. My nephew from TX. completed his engineering masters at Perdue, great university.
  • Moose68Bash
    Purdue and Notre Dame are great rivals in football.

The IU v. Purdue rivalry is "punctuated" byt the Old Oaken Bucket trophy that goes to the winner each year. The record is lopsided (almost 2:1) in favor of Purdue.

I've never understood the reason the IU does not put more into its football program.

I suppose they need a Bobby Knight of football! >:)

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,216
    I've never understood the reason the IU does not put more into its football program.

They are too busy paying off all the basketball coaches they had to fire during contract (Kelvin Sampson, Bobby Knight) and overpaying for their current coach (Tom Crean) while also spending all their money on their fu-fu liberal arts programs........

muahahahahaha...... screw IU!

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    I hate when that happens ! B)

xisfj6yuubro.jpg