Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,927
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Your cat looks terrible...

It's a danged good thing that I had swallowed my mouthful of hot tea just before I read your post! ;- )
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Nice healthy Woodchuck ya got there. They make a big hole. Had one just like it in my yard about two years ago. They (I only ever saw one?) moved out on their own. Mine did not show himself often. I saw him (her) only in the early evening a few times. They are fun to watch when you do see them.
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    ZsaZsa's question to Johnny Carson ? :o
  • mhardy6647
    heh -- that's more or less what I was thinking...
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited May 2015
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Your cat looks terrible...

It's a danged good thing that I had swallowed my mouthful of hot tea just before I read your post! ;- )
    I just went back and looked at it again and laughed a little harder. That right there, is NOT a Friskees cat.
    DSkip wrote: »
    Sounds like a solid pickup line to me.
    I suppose that one is better than telling her "Hey!, Your cat looks stupid" or better yet, "Shave that cat, it's spring!"

Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    edited May 2015
    Winston Churchill, wag that he was, is reputed to have once observed that all newborn babies have the misfortune to look just like him...

EDIT: this is in no way intended to imply that the above portrait represents any misfortune on the little one's part... but the resemblance to Sir Winston might be duly noted.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Skip, where did you get that pic of PFB looking at the UPS driver ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Slumming on a Skidoo. Noatak preserve this spring. 5dicp7ld73jw.jpg
    Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
    Polk 1000p Center
    Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
    OPPO BDP-93
    Squeezebox
    Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
    Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
    Sales Rating #1!!
  • ambiophonics
    ambiophonics Posts: 715
    The beginning of a new bike build...

xzw1d3n7jhb2.jpg

p6jbzp3hvvzi.jpg
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • mhardy6647
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    I'll bet "W" misses you...
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • mhardy6647
    Beautiful evening after a frogstrangler downpour in our neck o'the woods yesterday...

17578769662_2cb83c05e5_b.jpg073 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    17581084045_5660242b62_b.jpg083 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

I do (seriously!) hope these aren't too boring :- (
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Not for me Mark, I could look at your pics all day. Beautiful piece of property you have there. Count your blessings my friend.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    Thanks -- I love it here; I think Mrs. H does, too! :- )
  • Out and about this spring. ocibhyosb4jk.jpg
    Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
    Polk 1000p Center
    Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
    OPPO BDP-93
    Squeezebox
    Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
    Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
    Sales Rating #1!!
  • mhardy6647
    Until a couple of weeks ago, I fully expected it to still look like that in Northern New England this spring! Our last bit of snow, though, actually disappeared on or about the 20th of April. That said, some of the ski resorts are expecting to be open for skiing until June in NH and VT (as the winter was so cold and snowy that, between Nature and snowmaking, they were able to lay down snow bases of historic proportion on the trails).
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Until a couple of weeks ago, I fully expected it to still look like that in Northern New England this spring! Our last bit of snow, though, actually disappeared on or about the 20th of April. That said, some of the ski resorts are expecting to be open for skiing until June in NH and VT (as the winter was so cold and snowy that, between Nature and snowmaking, they were able to lay down snow bases of historic proportion on the trails).

We have the opposite problem over here on the left coast. Lot's of ski resorts didn't even get enough snow to open and the ones that did were closed by February. Glad I don't ski anymore but the water shortage this summer is gonna suck...

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    tonyb wrote: »
    Not for me Mark, I could look at your pics all day. Beautiful piece of property you have there. Count your blessings my friend.

Agreed!

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    After living in our house for 6 months and doing some remodeling, our cabin is finally starting to come together!

4aflcfrfk9nz.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    That looks nice! I love wood in interior spaces.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Wood is nice for acoustics along with some acoustic treatments. :)
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    I'm standing behind the couch to take the picture, and behind me is a wall of windows, which I shut the curtains for music and movies. Works pretty well having a lively room with a vaulted ceiling, and absorption in the rear. The sound system isn't ideal, but works well for the room since it is so reflective. Mounted under the TV is a Yamaha YSP-4000, and the DIY subwoofer you see to the left. My original plans to install a discrete 5.1 fell through when I figured out the walls of the cabin are solid cedar, and there was no easy or graceful was to run a bunch of wires. The power outlets on the fireplace where the equipment is plugged into were built into the brick when it was laid in 1961. There are cabinets built into each side behind the fireplace, which I installed the electronics in one side, and all the media on the other. I figured it was easy enough to drill through that wood to run the TV and sound bar cables, but even that ended up being three solid inches of cedar.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited May 2015
    odgdaf62hyqi.jpg

Cape Neddick Light ("Nubble Lighthouse"), Nubble Island, York, Maine, 7:40pm, 15 May 2015

Unfortunately, not expecting to be taking photos, I had only my iPhone 5.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    dsbuz2nclria.jpg

Beach on Martha's Vineyard, 15 September 2014

Again, all I had, unfortunately, was my iPhone 5.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Got a call from a friend for help/cleanup withp81ij6gn1i8n.jpg
    straight line winds this evening :s Thankfully no one was hurt.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Thankfully the retired/older gentleman that lives in that house and sits on the porch all the time, just watching cars go by, decided to take his dog to the local pet store for a new "chew toy". Missed the winds by like 5 minutes..Phew!