Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    The first gen. Toronados especially had some very innovative designs for their time. Front wheel drive , unique body designs and frame, you don't see many of those old Toronados any more.
  • Polkie2009
    The first gen. Toronados especially had some very innovative designs for their time. Front wheel drive , unique body designs and frame, you don't see many of those old Toronados any more.
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    You can see a few at the GM Nationals at Carlisle, PA most years. ;)

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-gm-nationals/
  • cascius
    cascius Posts: 175
    Taken last Sunday morning while having breakfast :smile:

mvwcpp7u68oz.jpg

xr4j1izefaig.jpg

Just having fun capturing some nice light distortion with my phone.
    Main System:
    Front: SDA 2ATLs
    Center: CS2
    Surround: M40s
    Sub: PSW505
    Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1121k
    Amp: Carver AV 705x
    TV: Samsung LN52A650
    Media Player: Chromecast/Boxee Box
    BD Player: Sony BDP-S470
    Consoles: Xbox360, Wii U
  • Polkie2009 wrote: »

My Dad Phil said that Oldsmobile bought many "bogie" cars to benchmark what the Toronado was going to be.

One was a 12-cylinder Ferrari with manual transmission. My Dad drove that Ferrari around Lansing. Said it was hot, noisy, bumpy. Eventually the Olds execs demanded an Auto transmission, back seat, air cond. etc. turned into a luxury car.

Norh ACA-2B tube pre, Sumo Andromeda SS amp. Magneplanar MMG speakers, M&K MX1250 Subwoofer, Pro-Ject RM1.3 Genie TT with Sumiko Pearl MM cart., Keces DAC, Cambridge Audio Azur 640c CD player
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited April 2015
    I bet your dad has many great stories to tell, I imagine being an engineer for Olds during the 60's was a very interesting and demanding career. Oldsmobile was basically GM's research and development department. My 68 in the picture is a Lansing built car. When GM axed Olds it was the oldest American car brand and the 4th oldest in the world.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    A farewell to one of my favorite shows...

cpw83634t23q.jpg
    Ty Walker: "This is bulls**t, you shot me in the back!"
    Raylan: “If you wanted me to shoot you in the front, you shoulda run toward me.”
  • sandworms
    sandworms Posts: 1,043
    23d870e2yfkm.jpg
    Samsung pn64f8500
    Sonus faber venere 2.5
    Sf venere center
    Oppo 105d
    Squeezebox touch
    Parasound hca1500a
    Apc power filter
    Audioquest cables asst
    Polk rtia3 SB
    Polk fxia6 sl,sr
    Dual hsu vtf3 mk3

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Looks like Bryce Canyon?
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Nice pic Sandworms! Looks like it was taken from Sunset Point. We were there last summer. Next to Zion, probably my favorite NP in the Grand Circle.
  • mhardy6647
    I think (FWIW) that Bryce is the most beautiful place on earth that I've seen with my own eyes (not that I've seen all that much of the big ol' blue-green marble, but, still...).
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Nice Boots there Herm B)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    voltz wrote: »
    Nice Boots there Herm B)
    Thank you! The chicks dig them, but not as much as those Smith & Wesson nickel plated model 100 double locking handcuffs. When they are double locked, they won't accidentally tighten up on their wrists. :o

• voltz
    here is a pic my old neighbors sent from Crest butte Colorado.
    9l1loifyz880.jpg

for a second there I thought they might have moved to New England!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• Polkie2009
    Gotta love the Adirondack chairs, they things are built solid.
  • mhardy6647
    edited April 2015
    Spent yesterday enlarging the garden (or, as they say up this-a-way, gahden) a bit and tilling the good earth. I used my inherited, ca. 40-year-old Troy-Bilt Pony tiller, which (not to jinx it or anything) worked like a charm (as it has most years). Last year I built one raised bed as an experiment. It was a great success, so this year I am putting in another one (a job for next week). Mrs. H is planning/hoping to put in lettuce and peas this weekend. Don't laugh, all of you in the mid-Atlantic and further South! There's still a little residual snow out in front of the house (north side).

I liken the beginning of gardening season in the spring to opening day of baseball. As opening day dawns, every team is in first place; every team has the chance to win the Series. Of course, a day later, it's usually different.

... but, just like the Opening Day morning, as of yesterday this could well be the finest vegetable garden we ever put in! ;- )

(or -- it's all downhill from here!)

16995038540_f5b279302e_b.jpgDSC_0347 by mhardy6647, on Flickr
  • apples60
    apples60 Posts: 29
    I just wish I could get these 1c's up and running properly. Apples 60 here feeling frustrated in the Midwest!!!
  • mhardy6647
    Rick88 wrote: »
    The crappy cell phone pics don't do the bike justice, as the silver metallic paint really sparkles in the sunlight. I have to get the good camera out soon to take some good pictures of the bike...

16896989705_f022c020b3_b.jpgno stinkin meter mono by mhardy6647, on Flickr

It takes some silver to make good photos. ahem. ;- )
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Rick88 wrote: »
    The crappy cell phone pics don't do the bike justice, as the silver metallic paint really sparkles in the sunlight. I have to get the good camera out soon to take some good pictures of the bike...

16896989705_f022c020b3_b.jpgno stinkin meter mono by mhardy6647, on Flickr

It takes some silver to make good photos. ahem. ;- )

Amen, brother!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    That's a nice shade of blue.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Mrs. H is a lucky woman.....is that suede?? :D
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • voltz
    edited April 2015
    ^^^^^
    I didn't think Doc had that much hair! must be a older pic

• sandworms
    9qn3f2taa8p2.jpg
    Samsung pn64f8500
    Sonus faber venere 2.5
    Sf venere center
    Oppo 105d
    Squeezebox touch
    Parasound hca1500a
    Apc power filter
    Audioquest cables asst
    Polk rtia3 SB
    Polk fxia6 sl,sr
    Dual hsu vtf3 mk3

• sandworms
    Yes, for my astute polkies, that is Bryce canyon, I was there for Easter as well as Zion and Capitol Reef, all are on my " must see " places to go if anyone asks
    Samsung pn64f8500
    Sonus faber venere 2.5
    Sf venere center
    Oppo 105d
    Squeezebox touch
    Parasound hca1500a
    Apc power filter
    Audioquest cables asst
    Polk rtia3 SB
    Polk fxia6 sl,sr
    Dual hsu vtf3 mk3

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Absolutely gorgeous!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Polkie2009
    I was going to say Bryce Canyon, went over the bridge over the Royal Gorge back in '68. Gorgeous, thanks for the pics.