Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    Easter sunrise from my backyard.

The sun in between the mountain tops to the east and the clouds.

Sunrise-4-5-15.jpg

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    snow flurries at sunrise in northern NH today -- clear now (cold, though). Spring in New England.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Rick, I love you almost as much as the pictures you post........ :D
    Rick88 wrote: »
    ksue0viewelu.jpg

Congratualtions Rick! I love the color. Let us know how she plays!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    s1kf1n7w3n0g.jpg
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    s1kf1n7w3n0g.jpg

Love it.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Loved those old 442's...Cutlass in general was a nice car back then.

Rick88,
    Dude....I know I'm old and slow, but when someone post up stuff like "Sun between the mountain tops", that's code for you to step up and do what you do best. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    edited April 2015
    The 4-4-2'll suffice for now :- )

That said...
    Want me to post some turkeys or something to lure RIck out of his luthier-induced torpor?
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    4 barrel(Rochester?) 4 speed manual tranny(Hurst?) and dual exhaust!
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Want me to post some turkeys or something to lure RIck out of his luthier-induced torpor?
    Mark, I saw my first bobcat this week! I had no idea there were bobcats in southern Indiana. I tried to get a picture, but it ran off. It was NOT comfortable around humans like the deer are. It was eating the guts out of a small deer. I looked out the window and saw something bright red and got the binoculars.
  • mhardy6647
    They're generally pretty leery of humans (bobcats, that is) -- they're making a comeback, methinks.

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Mark, I saw my first bobcat this week! I had no idea there were bobcats in southern Indiana. I tried to get a picture, but it ran off. It was NOT comfortable around humans like the deer are. It was eating the guts out of a small deer. I looked out the window and saw something bright red and got the binoculars.

I grew up in Bedford, IN, in the 1940s-1960s, and I never saw a bobcat or heard of anybody seeing one -- that despite numerous uncles and aunts who owned farms in the Lawrence, Orange, and Washington Counties.

How about wild turkeys? Have you seen any in your area of southern Indiana? We have many in New Hampshire, as mhardy6647 will attest, but I never saw one in Indiana.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Moose,

Family member is up by Monticello, IN. Lots and lots of wild turkeys this year up north way.

Used to see a bunch in rural Tippecanoe county..
  • tonyb
    Heck, even the populated burbs of Chicago has wild turkeys. Wheaton has tons of them. Some Bobcat sightings in my neck of the woods but never saw one myself. I think competition from all the darn Coyotes keep them at bay.

Love the wildlife though, brings a sense of serenity to the fast paced world which we live in.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Had a report/sightings and tracks few months back of a cougar over by a town called Darlington IN.......Probably, just a wolf being seen by folks partaking in homemade hooch.... :D
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    I live10 minutes from downtown Columbus, OH. I just got my car back from the body shop due to a deer strike. Wild turkey are also seen often in this area. Amazing how the critters can adapt.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Hermitism
    We have tons of turkeys. We are overrun with deer, turkeys and coyotes. It's becoming a real problem. They are coming up to the homes and eating the landscaping. The deer are jumping in front of cars and causing accidents. People keep feeding the deer which is attracting the coyotes and now they are coming up to the front yards of homes. There have been a couple reports in the local newspaper that the coyotes are attacking small dogs in the back yards of homes. I have a friend that has a large farm about 20 miles away and she said the bobcats keep getting into her horse barn.

I've probably post all these before...
    g5u5volcj1xm.jpg
    i9o7gbx5ktu0.jpg
    z8pcl3glbs6k.jpg
    vb00oan3mb8o.jpg
    jbnvaa0o70ai.jpg
    4cfc0qvager8.jpg
  • tonyb
    lol...your local Wild-e Coyote newsletter probably has a story too of invading humans causing all sorts of problems. Stop feeding those pesky humans...lol.

If you leave nature alone, it takes care of itself. Living with it with minimal intervention is key to enjoying it.

Sure, at times the deer come into the yard and eat flowers, so what....they grow back. Plant deer resistant flowers and shrubs then and you won't have that problem. Think I'll go have a turkey sandwich now, I'm hungry.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    Turkeys have made an amazing comeback since being virtually extirpated (at least in New England) a hundred or so years ago. In fairness, wild ones were re-introduced... but they're thriving now in many parts of the country.
  • mhardy6647
    edited April 2015
    We had a kestrel hanging around in the back yard today -- turns out he was looking for something to eat. After snooping around the bird feeders, he nailed some small (unidentified) song bird & then sat on a fencepost out back and had a feast. Natural selection is not pretty :-P

16875213427_01e38c10ec_b.jpgDSC_3452 by mhardy6647, on Flickr

16894828348_e42350b13e_b.jpgDSC_3470 by mhardy6647, on Flickr

... and now, as twilight deepens, looky what it's doin' outside...

17082617345_83101f43b8_b.jpgDSC_3515 by mhardy6647, on Flickr
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    High of 88*f today in SC >:)
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • mhardy6647
    obieone wrote: »
    High of 88*f today in SC >:)
    whoo-frickin'-hoo...

;- )

oh... speakin' of turkeys in the yard... did I post this last week? The toms are posturing these days...

16895001336_837128b2a3_b.jpgDSC_3368 by mhardy6647, on Flickr
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    Went wheeling in a new park last month and took the new camera. Here are a couple I took.

IMG_0127_zpsuieldcsk.jpg

IMG_0124_zpsgiyjoupn.jpg

Really impressed with its low light capability.

F19E2BDC-5DC5-4149-987E-E5AFF638A010_zpsi7nn6mai.jpg

The GF doesn't like this one but I do.

IMG_0112_zpszjqhr0zx.jpg
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    edited April 2015
    We had a kestrel hanging around in the back yard today -- turns out he was looking for something to eat. After snooping around the bird feeders, he nailed some small (unidentified) song bird & then sat on a fencepost out back and had a feast. Natural selection is not pretty :-P
    Nice pics as always. Guess the grill will have to wait a little while longer.
    Never heard of a kestrel. Very cool. Our raptors are osprey, hawk, owl families.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • mhardy6647
    Kestrel is a flavor of hawk. We don't have any big enough water close enough to have ospreys -- although they, as well as eagles, are fairly well distributed along the Connecticut River, which is just a hoot 'n' a holler west of here.
  • Hermitism
    tonyb wrote: »
    lol...your local Wild-e Coyote newsletter probably has a story too of invading humans causing all sorts of problems. Stop feeding those pesky humans...lol.

If you leave nature alone, it takes care of itself. Living with it with minimal intervention is key to enjoying it.

Sure, at times the deer come into the yard and eat flowers, so what....they grow back. Plant deer resistant flowers and shrubs then and you won't have that problem. Think I'll go have a turkey sandwich now, I'm hungry.
    Tony, what would you like me to do? Landscape my home with thorn bushes? Perhaps an acacia by the front door? Put a battering ram on the front of my car? I'm getting this picture of you being all "Grizzly Adams" with nature and such ;)

I'm just messing with you.
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    Took some more playing with the new camera.

IMG_0135_zpskzr2bhho.jpg

This was taken with nothing more then the light of her car:

IMG_0023_zps3xe4dbvp.jpg

Yea I think she's pretty.

IMG_0133_zpsrdnqyztx.jpg

Picked up flash last week but haven't had the opportunity to even mess with it.

HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    xjghost wrote: »
    Yea I think she's pretty.

Very much so. But it's what's in her head that determines whether or not she's beautiful.

Nice photos BTW.
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
  • s1kf1n7w3n0g.jpg

My Dad worked for Oldsmobile as an Engineer in Lansing in the early/mid 60's.
    He brought home some of the first 442's and Toronados. Dr. Old's had some awesome cars back then.
    Norh ACA-2B tube pre, Sumo Andromeda SS amp. Magneplanar MMG speakers, M&K MX1250 Subwoofer, Pro-Ject RM1.3 Genie TT with Sumiko Pearl MM cart., Keces DAC, Cambridge Audio Azur 640c CD player