Anyone into watches/timepieces?

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Yes, but Movado is a lot more expensive than Seiko. On the other hand, no dial is the simplest of all, and looks much more elegant and stylish. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Yes, but Movado is a lot more expensive than Seiko. On the other hand, no dial is the simplest of all, and looks much more elegant and stylish. :)

No dial? Like no markers you mean?

Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited April 2015
    Joey_V wrote: »
    My Rolex GMT II Ceramic. The ceramic bezel is shiny and appears grey in some views. It also has this mirror finish that looks really cool in certain lighting. I like the green 3rd hand, I also like the 24 hour bezel. This is my favorite watch to fly with.

PS
    I also included a pic of the green Milgauss again... very nice in the sunlight. :smile:

gyxj24ee4e46.jpglimgs9myraemih2q.jpg
    p7ts2wqh9ky7.jpg
    kuj5vge0ge80.jpg
    z0gvx6kw8z7i.jpg
    7nwfpkhrxgva.jpg
    6b7zc9dkhlwy.jpg

Great pic of the Rolex GMT, folks, notice the level of detail Rolex goes to on the inner ring between the bezel and dial, it's polished and inscribed, that ceramic will last forever. love the pics of the Tags, very classic design. I think on my Storm watches, the dial didn't have any__ hour,minutes,seconds markings, just hand the second,minute,hour hands, no date counter either.
  • Polkie2009
    edited April 2015
    My Rolex Milgauss, one of my favorite colors is green... and I love the green crystal on this one. Love the orange lightning bolt too. The orange markers are very nice as well.... as well as the orange numbers on the periphery. The black dial is matte... not shiny. Best view is from an angle, the green crystal really shines.

axfgdnftetzm.jpg
    tbwuj62z6pzz.jpg
    s1ubhzje777u.jpg
    5jwmkagchjxx.jpg

Awesome pics man! Some of the pics still aren't opening, I'm sure it's some settings on my end. The ones I can see are great! That green we see on the Milgauss, is the edge of the crystal right?
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    I forgot I had this watch. I don't know much about it though. Glycine, Swiss Made.eva16huk8yyt.jpg
    q6lo997sxl7r.jpg
    e79d14rn9ikg.jpg
  • Polkie2009
    I don't know anything about Glycine watches, yours has a very old world classic case design to it, very nice.
  • Joey_V
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    My Rolex Milgauss, one of my favorite colors is green... and I love the green crystal on this one. Love the orange lightning bolt too. The orange markers are very nice as well.... as well as the orange numbers on the periphery. The black dial is matte... not shiny. Best view is from an angle, the green crystal really shines.

axfgdnftetzm.jpg
    tbwuj62z6pzz.jpg
    s1ubhzje777u.jpg
    5jwmkagchjxx.jpg

Awesome pics man! Some of the pics still aren't opening, I'm sure it's some settings on my end. The ones I can see are great! That green we see on the Milgauss, is the edge of the crystal right?

The entire crystal is green... I wish I could take a better pic right now but it's in the safe.

The green is just most visible along the periphery of the crystal so I find that I look at the watch from an angle a lot... Lol.

But from straight on, the green and the matte black dial give a very cool look. Plays off the orange really well.

Not to mention it has a double cage which makes it highly magnetic resistant... Hence the name Milgauss.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Polkie2009
    I was thinking the glass must have a green tint to it in order to have that effect. The tint probably also preserves the richness of the orange colour on the dial and hands if the watch is worn a lot outdoors.
  • Polkie2009
    That Tag Monaco watch is bad to the bone. Did Steve wear one in the movie LeMans? They had the Russian Watch Brigade show on Evine last night , lots of truly unique and beautiful watches.
  • Joey_V
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    That Tag Monaco watch is bad to the bone. Did Steve wear one in the movie LeMans? They had the Russian Watch Brigade show on Evine last night , lots of truly unique and beautiful watches.

Iirc yes he did... It is a classic watch
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    This allows you to track 2 time zones simultaneously. Makes it easy when you're say on vacation and wondering what time it is back home.

First Rule of Vacation: No watch. I trust this will never happen again.

Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • Joey_V
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    This allows you to track 2 time zones simultaneously. Makes it easy when you're say on vacation and wondering what time it is back home.

First Rule of Vacation: No watch. I trust this will never happen again.

Hahaha... nah... the rule is NO work watch while on vacation. But you can wear your fun watch or vacation watch on vacation.
  • Joey_V
    Took a current pic of my submariner. It is 7 years old but you wouldn't be able to tell from the pic. Clear crystal, nice finish still, nice "rolexrolexrolex" re hair between the dial and the bezel.

Amazing piece. My work watch. Trusty and always ready for action.fcnqmyhori2h.jpg
    10vm38ph1we7.jpg
  • Joey_V
    Comparison of the GMTII Ceramic vs the Sub. You can tell the GMT had larger markers, hands, and has that extra 24h hand. Also you will notice the bezel is different and the sheen on the ceramic is unmistakeable.

Both nice watches.

You can tell I haven't worn my GMT since probably March 24... The date and watch has since stopped. nbsymu05pb3s.jpg
  • Joey_V
    My 2 leather strap watches. On the left is a Kenneth Cole watch, that was given to me by my best friend who passed away a year ago.

On the right is my Tag Heuer Silverstone.

Both superb.vcdbgr0at9gh.jpg
  • rtart
    rtart Posts: 806
    I wear one of these every day. My wife designed my wedding band to match...platinum and gold with alternating diamonds and blue sapphires.

dp0sm7lb2jk6.jpg
    jc1a3klym2wp.jpg
    My 7.4.4 DIY 4k Home Theater:
    Polk LSiM 707 L&R, LSiM706c center, LSiM702 side surrounds, LSiM 703 rears
    Polk RC-80i x 4 In Ceiling Atmos speakers
    2 x SVS PB12/Plus 2's
    Denon X3700H
    Sherbourne 7/2100 200 x 7 Amp, Emotiva BasX A-500 for Atmos
    XBox One X 4k & BD and streaming
    Panasonic UB-420 4k player
    HD-A35 HD DVD
    Oppo BD-103D for hirez audio
    Technics SL-D2 TT, Grado Gold Cartridge
    JVC DLA-RS520 projector
    Silver Ticket 120" acoustically transparent screen
    Berkline 090 electric recliners with Aura Bass Shakers
  • Joey_V
    That's awesome rtart!!!
  • rtart
    rtart Posts: 806
    Thanks Joey_V. They are insured and I wear and enjoy them everyday. Just like crystal and china, use it and enjoy it.....if it breaks, it breaks. It's useless in a box somewhere!
    My 7.4.4 DIY 4k Home Theater:
    Polk LSiM 707 L&R, LSiM706c center, LSiM702 side surrounds, LSiM 703 rears
    Polk RC-80i x 4 In Ceiling Atmos speakers
    2 x SVS PB12/Plus 2's
    Denon X3700H
    Sherbourne 7/2100 200 x 7 Amp, Emotiva BasX A-500 for Atmos
    XBox One X 4k & BD and streaming
    Panasonic UB-420 4k player
    HD-A35 HD DVD
    Oppo BD-103D for hirez audio
    Technics SL-D2 TT, Grado Gold Cartridge
    JVC DLA-RS520 projector
    Silver Ticket 120" acoustically transparent screen
    Berkline 090 electric recliners with Aura Bass Shakers
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    rtart wrote: »
    use it and enjoy it.....if it breaks, it breaks. It's useless in a box somewhere!

Pretty much. It is rare I take my Aquaracer off my arm. I know it's not a 5k+ watch but I paint with it on, change the tires on the car some landscaping and mild renos. I do take it off if I know ahead of time there is a good chance of it getting mucked up.

• Joey_V
    Yeah you'll find me working out with any of my rolexes except the Daytona.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    q5koigw1mqmf.jpg
    I just bought this lightly used Scott Cassell Luminox
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Polkie2009
    Looks gorgeous, I need to figure out how to post pics of some of my watches.
  • Joey_V
    Definitely like the luminox. One of my nurses wears one... Looks great
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    So wifey says to me, you don't wear your watches enough? Why not?
    Tell her that I am afraid of damaging one standing up a new data center or whatnot.
    She asks if I could have an everyday watch, what would it be?
    I said probably something from Invicta with a rubber band so I am less likely to totally scratch up an expensive band.
    This evening, we are clearing out the living, kitchen and dining room as the flooring guys will be here tomorrow to lay the new acacia flooring and the granite guys will be here to measure Thursday. She mentions that she wants to run to Costco so she doesn't have to bother with it when construction is underway. We are also leaving for Omaha and my nephew's grad party (did someone say full ride to Nebraska and recruited as a linebacker?) on Saturday morning so I didn't think anything of it.

She comes home, kisses me and says happy just because day! And hands me this...
    m4jc96z34r9o.jpg
    gfhi9wzpgy9p.jpg

I still need to shoot some pics of the nice watches and the new Swatches. But there's some Invicta pron for ya!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Z, i really like Invictas because there are inexpensive and look decent. i doubt i'd ever see myself spending "car money" on a watch. Also, i'm glad after scanning through this watch thread that you are a guy with "real" arm hair.

Joey's arms remind me of a hotdog that a cat brushed up against. Grow some hair man! :p:p:p Happy, wednesday morning nut bustin!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Joey_V
    edited May 2015
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Z, i really like Invictas because there are inexpensive and look decent. i doubt i'd ever see myself spending "car money" on a watch. Also, i'm glad after scanning through this watch thread that you are a guy with "real" arm hair.

Joey's arms remind me of a hotdog that a cat brushed up against. Grow some hair man! :p:p:p Happy, wednesday morning nut bustin!

You Bastid!!!

LOL....

Hey man, less hair means less to get stuck on into those watch links, that hurts!

Funny this thread got revived - congrats Z!!

My birthday is coming up on 5/23, turning 33 now :smile: ! Or should that be a neutral face... :neutral: : .... but my wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday and then I pointed at a gold Rolex. She said... uh, no.

Ayiyi...
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Ballers Ball'n! My bday is in a couple weeks and I told my wife I wanted sheetrock. She happily obliged. I can't even spell Rawlecks <--sp?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Joey_V
    edited May 2015
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Ballers Ball'n! My bday is in a couple weeks and I told my wife I wanted sheetrock. She happily obliged. I can't even spell Rawlecks <--sp?

Wife told me no... that's not ballers ballin...

That's just ballers trying to be ballin but not... lol

I'm guessing it's cologne this year... maybe next year I'll get the super watch? lol

Nah, on a more serious note... it won't be probably till I'm 36-37 before I can pounce on something like this. It costs too much to just drop that kind of coin without getting some other things straightened up financially.

Either one works for me
    72bf9675.jpg
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    wouldn't that be a hoot if some Strads showed up on your B-day. One can dream eh ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable