dbPoweramp & uncompressed flac question?

gimpodgimpod Posts: 1,775
I have ripped over 500 CDs to uncompressed flac with very good results for the most part, but I am having one problem and that is the break between the tracks or in the case of cds like Pink Floyd cds the lack of. If I convert to flac the break is there (wrong, it's not suppose to be there), If I convert the same file to uncompressed wav the break is not there.

My question is, can this behavior in flac be turned off and if so how ?

P.S. I don't care about drive space at 12TB's I don't think I'll be running low for awhile.
Pink Floyd, Just makes me want to turn it up too 12 and share it with the world!!. JMO
---
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain

Unfortunately for most of us we only get to experience the first day and then we can't even remember it.
---
"Close only counts in Horseshoes, Hand Grenades and Thermonuclear Weapons."
"50% Why... That's almost half."
"I know, I'm sick and need help."
----
Gimpod Custom 4th & 5th Gen SDA Circuit Boards
----
"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction." ~ Kenneth Swauger

Comments

• nspindelnspindel Posts: 5,346
    I don't think its the flac itself, more likely it's the software that is playing it. Try playing in foobar 2000 and see how it sounds.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • gimpodgimpod Posts: 1,775
    That was it, but I don't like foobar 2000. I guess the codecs for WMP can't keep up so I'll keep looking something else.
    Pink Floyd, Just makes me want to turn it up too 12 and share it with the world!!. JMO
    ---
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain

Unfortunately for most of us we only get to experience the first day and then we can't even remember it.
    ---
    "Close only counts in Horseshoes, Hand Grenades and Thermonuclear Weapons."
    "50% Why... That's almost half."
    "I know, I'm sick and need help."
    ----
    Gimpod Custom 4th & 5th Gen SDA Circuit Boards
    ----
    "The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction." ~ Kenneth Swauger
  • nspindelnspindel Posts: 5,346
    Well glad you at least got to the root of the problem. I don't use the computer as my player, I use a squeezebox.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • D'privedD'prived Posts: 191
    Whatever you use to play the FLAC files has to support gapless playback.
  • bikerboybikerboy Posts: 1,162
    Try Jriver. Great media player.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 and 10" sub w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRP, Nothingham Spacedeck-> DV 10x5-> Bottlehead Eros, Sony cassette deck
    Digital: I3 pc w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY
    Vinyl rips-> ESI [email protected]/192->fanless i3 pc server