dbPoweramp & uncompressed flac question?

gimpod
gimpod Posts: 1,793
I have ripped over 500 CDs to uncompressed flac with very good results for the most part, but I am having one problem and that is the break between the tracks or in the case of cds like Pink Floyd cds the lack of. If I convert to flac the break is there (wrong, it's not suppose to be there), If I convert the same file to uncompressed wav the break is not there.

My question is, can this behavior in flac be turned off and if so how ?

P.S. I don't care about drive space at 12TB's I don't think I'll be running low for awhile.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain

Comments

• nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    I don't think its the flac itself, more likely it's the software that is playing it. Try playing in foobar 2000 and see how it sounds.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    That was it, but I don't like foobar 2000. I guess the codecs for WMP can't keep up so I'll keep looking something else.
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Well glad you at least got to the root of the problem. I don't use the computer as my player, I use a squeezebox.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • D'prived
    D'prived Posts: 191
    Whatever you use to play the FLAC files has to support gapless playback.
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,205
    Try Jriver. Great media player.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server