Broken record: 2nd tube amp in 3 days arrived smashed up

Options
UPS are just grabage, I bought a high end Mystere amp and paid cash, Well its arrived all smashed on one of the transformers broken. I wasnt even going to mention this as I had questions like ' how does insurance work as I dont want ups to take it away and I never get my cash back'

Today I received a Jolida from ups also smashed up but it was a pp transaction.

Comments

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,507
    Options
    Only you''does this happen to. That svcks
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,148
    Options
    Move
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,679
    Options
    Here we go again...
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Could be because he buys to flip. I imagine some of those who just want to get rid of gear don't pack them like they should. It's the cost of flipping gear.

Are we talking about the seller or me as I'm unclear. When I send out items I always pack good and never had a problem as it makes no sense to pack something wrong and here is what I learned. If you sell something for 2k but only paid 1.5k for it then you cannot insure it for 2.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,079
    Options
    Man bum deal had you not had so many shipping scenarios, some one might of made a move on those RTIA3's and FXIA6's you had for sale. I can only think about the missing sale opportunities of some good Polk Speakers due to all your shipping mishaps!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    Here we go again...
    Hence my witty thread title Ken but its safe to assume that you missed that.

• boston1450
    edited February 2015
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Man bum deal had you not had so many shipping scenarios, some one might of made a move on those RTIA3's and FXIA6's you had for sale. I can only think about the missing sale opportunities of some good Polk Speakers due to all your shipping mishaps!
    here is the big question. What room did he actually have them in ? Was it the one with his knees showing
    EDIT. No disrespect. Jk

• mrbigbluelight
    Options
    I'm going have to call ........ NUMBERWANG !!!

http://louhuang.com/2048-numberwang/

Sal Palooza
  • boston1450
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Could be because he buys to flip. I imagine some of those who just want to get rid of gear don't pack them like they should. It's the cost of flipping gear.

Are we talking about the seller or me as I'm unclear. When I send out items I always pack good and never had a problem as it makes no sense to pack something wrong and here is what I learned. If you sell something for 2k but only paid 1.5k for it then you cannot insure it for 2.
    is this accurate ? Why cant you insure a item that may be worth 2000.00 if it was sold for 1500.00 or is it that you have to go through the place where you sold it through to insure it ? Or is it because they know your sold amount? Why Cant it/you insure it through the carrier for higher insured amount ? Especially if you know its worth the 2000.00. Im no shipper-so bare with these questions

• polkfarmboy
    Options
    You cannot insure the item for more than you bought the item for. I think some people take would take advantage of a fraudulent quick easy money system like that.
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,585
    Options
    PFB, got pics?
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,913
    Options
    So what have you learned so far PFB ?

Shipping fragile items is a crapshoot by UPS ?
    Shipping items that are fragile is a crapshoot...period ?
    You can expect some damage just by the amount you buy and sell ?
    That flipping gear as a means to gain income isn't what it's cracked up to be ?

How about this.....
    Settle on a good system and......get a real job. Just sayin'....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    Of all the Charlie Browns in the world,you have to be the Charlie Browniest...LOL...and shaking my head in wonderment.....
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    You cannot insure the item for more than you bought the item for. I think some people take would take advantage of a fraudulent quick easy money system like that.
    You can insure for more than the sale price. I do it on almost every sale
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,551
    Options

Yup, I've done it too. You just dont get the additional value should there be a problem with shipping.....

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options

Yup, I've done it too. You just dont get the additional value should there be a problem with shipping.....
    You do if you use your own USPS, UPS, or FedEx account, which is what I do.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    Options
    Putting that it's PFB aside.....

I always overpack whenever possible. If there is a gap between pieces of styrofoam, I put in packing peanuts or bubble wrap. I also photograph the packing process to avoid false claims. A personal policy is that I avoid buying gear online that isn't shipped in its original box.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,137
    Options
    Insurance is based on the value of the item. If I decide to sell for less than the actual value, I can insure it for full value so that it can be replaced. UPS actually gave me more than I insured it for the one time I had an issue. I passed the money along to the buyer for his troubles.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,551
    Options
    You do if you use your own USPS, UPS, or FedEx account, which is what I do.
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Insurance is based on the value of the item. If I decide to sell for less than the actual value, I can insure it for full value so that it can be replaced. UPS actually gave me more than I insured it for the one time I had an issue. I passed the money along to the buyer for his troubles.

Good to know.....

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    How about this.....
    Settle on a good system and......get a real job. Just sayin'....

You just lost my respect with that post Tony.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    PFB's posts are the only reason I'm still active on this site !!!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    So, im pretty sure its piss poor packing on the seller. Ive sold a lot of stuff and use UPS exclusively. Never had an issue. Not one. I do pack well however and always purchase insurance.

So i think the seller has to initiate the claim since he was the one who shipped it and purchased the insurance
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It's sort of ironic that the only UPS issue I have ever had was when I shipped a computer to PFB. We both got our money back so it ain't no skin off anyone's back but just seems ironic.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    It's sort of ironic that the only UPS issue I have ever had was when I shipped a computer to PFB. We both got our money back so it ain't no skin off anyone's back but just seems ironic.

Well let me get to this issue for you and clear that up shall we. You shipped an entire high end pc gaming rig to me in a box that looks like it was either used for an empty gaming case or cereal . Its a wonder you even got your money back. Basically it was your fault that package was broken

I could show you guys the pictures as it was ZT;s crappy packaging job was horrible as there was nothing to keep this computer safe and it was all in the name to save himself a couple of bucks, why else would some one send out a pc like that.

Not only was your packaging garbage, but it took me weeks to get my money back as you would not refund me. I had to wait till ups refunded you for the computer before you gave me my money back that I sent you as a gift payment. If it was me I would have sent your refund right away.

Dont come thread bomb with your stupid nonsense about... ooo its ironic as the broken package I had blah blah..... go sit with Tony while I gab grab my belt.

• ZLTFUL
    Options
    You're a ****. I refunded you 7 days after I got the computer back.

I didn't even insult you, you tight wearing pansy. But since you want to pull out the insults, here goes.

You spent hours PMing me back and forth for advice. I gave it to you. Then when it came down to it, I offered you a much better deal than anything we could build you and still you want to "call me out" with lies?

I shipped the computer to you in a box that survived a trip on a ship from Asia to Newegg and then from Newegg to me. Funny how when it got to you it was destroyed.

And this keeps happening to you...not suspicious at all.
    In fact, what is probably going on is UPS delivers a package to your apartment, you slam it on the ground and then claim shipping damage.

Go ahead and post up the pictures you worthless troll. I still have them. And the pictures support my theory over yours since the damage was done specifically to one corner of the box and looks exactly like someone slammed it on the corner.

I have shipped computers to Belgium, Germany, New Zealand and Malaysia using the same methods I used to ship that computer to you and you're the first time I have ever had to file a claim with UPS.

Keep up with the defamation, cupcake and we will see who's laughing.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,137
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    So i think the seller has to initiate the claim since he was the one who shipped it and purchased the insurance

This is accurate.

Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    You're a ****. I refunded you 7 days after I got the computer back.

I didn't even insult you, you tight wearing pansy. But since you want to pull out the insults, here goes.

You spent hours PMing me back and forth for advice. I gave it to you. Then when it came down to it, I offered you a much better deal than anything we could build you and still you want to "call me out" with lies?

I shipped the computer to you in a box that survived a trip on a ship from Asia to Newegg and then from Newegg to me. Funny how when it got to you it was destroyed.

And this keeps happening to you...not suspicious at all.
    In fact, what is probably going on is UPS delivers a package to your apartment, you slam it on the ground and then claim shipping damage.

Go ahead and post up the pictures you worthless troll. I still have them. And the pictures support my theory over yours since the damage was done specifically to one corner of the box and looks exactly like someone slammed it on the corner.

I have shipped computers to Belgium, Germany, New Zealand and Malaysia using the same methods I used to ship that computer to you and you're the first time I have ever had to file a claim with UPS.

Keep up with the defamation, cupcake and we will see who's laughing.

What ever, your bringing up the fact that the only package that got smashed was one you shipped to me. I dont care if you have gotten away with sending out a full rig in a cereal box before but thats not the way you pack a pc.

• jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Options
    aaa.jpg
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    Order a computer from Dell, I guarantee that the packaging is far worse than mine.

The Cooler Master HAF932 case is shipped in a box that meets and exceeds every carrier requirement in the US and the box has a 300lb burst rating. The inside of the computer was filled with packing material (closed cell foam cut to fit all components inside) and the impact was still great enough to dislodge the cooler from the motherboard.

Not to mention, I placed closed cell foam in every location that wasn't protected by the factory foam.

So go ahead and post up those pictures so people can see that you are a lying sack of ****.

• codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited February 2015
    Options
    54613.jpg
    Just so we're clear, here is a stellar example of a PFB packing job...

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021930/uploads/attachments/1/1/6/3/8/4/54613.jpg
This discussion has been closed.