Broken record: 2nd tube amp in 3 days arrived smashed up

Comments

• devani
    devani Posts: 1,497
    I don't have any problems with any shipping carrier. I've used my wife's company to pack and ship.....I think he does not work there anymore since i shipped SONY 9000ES and it was damaged. I felt sorry for the buyer in Polk Forum here.....

okay, enough about me....
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5, VTF-3 MK2
    2Ch system: MC2105, AR-XA, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300, OPPO BDP-83
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,274
    edited February 2015
    devani wrote: »
    I don't have any problems with any shipping carrier. I've used my wife's company to pack and ship.....I think he does not work there anymore since i shipped SONY 9000ES and it was damaged. I felt sorry for the buyer in Polk Forum here.....

okay, enough about me....

yep that was me. It came in an old WORE out box that had a small table cloth for padding...I was so freaking mad, but then i thought I could use it for parts and that failed also....

anyone need a door stop?

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,598
    kate-upton3.jpeg
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,647
    I suddenly have an urge to pay Game of War...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,352
    I love watching the Golden Globes....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,803
    I'm thoroughly confused now.

What the hell are you people talking about?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • halo71
    Well....the topic has been about trolls...PFB. And hot women. At least that's what I gathered from it all.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,803
    I was talking about Sony 9000ES's and old blankets and such.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,599
    So what's up?
    IS PFB employed?
    Did his wife ever come back?
    Did he wreck his Porsche yet?
    Will someone post another hot Pic?

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,576
    edited February 2015
    ipe5o3bclmdc.jpg
    He is busy picking up peices of his amp on the doorstep. I think they are picking on him
  • halo71
    edited February 2015
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    So what's up?
    IS PFB employed?
    Did his wife ever come back?
    Did he wreck his Porsche yet?
    Will someone post another hot Pic?

Not much
    Doubt it.
    Don't think he has one.
    If not, soon
    image-31.jpeg

--Gary--
  • boston1450
    LMAO that is FUNNY. Thanks for the ' bump' LOL
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Check out PFB response to ANYTHING! Narcissistic drivel that is self perpetuating because we can't look away. I've tried. I can't.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Check out PFB response to ANYTHING! Narcissistic drivel that is self perpetuating because we can't look away. I've tried. I can't.

Kinda like a wreck with fatalities on the highway.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Yes, I monitor all of the threads and while this one is not my idea of what is interesting in an audio discussion it doesn't yet merit closing or excessive censoring.
    It seems to be a typical posting by PFB, seemingly intentionally controversial and certainly popular. As long as it doesn't become excessively abusive or ribald it can remain.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    PFB comes up with some interesting stuff...never a dull moment with that guy....
  • boston1450
    Its all in fun :smile: He has a Porsche full of nice gear & his Skinny Jeans are too tight odx2ye1g58e0.jpg
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    0f77e11e16ae92f6572291d93956c6f5a028ba41a945ee4e79de57ee8436bf6d.jpg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    I'll try to say this in the most endearing way, PFB is like the Michael Scott of Club Polk Forum.
  • halo71
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    Do moderators monitor these threads, or does anything go here?
    I would suggest that this entire thread be deleted as it reflects poorly on this forum and Polk Audio.

THIS is friggin' PRICELESS coming from you! Are you serious? lol

--Gary--
  • ZLTFUL
    halo71 wrote: »

THIS is friggin' PRICELESS coming from you! Are you serious? lol

Some people just can't see their own faults even when everyone else can.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • boston1450
    edited March 2015
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,157
    Oh, how I have missed thee................Club Polk!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    heiney9 wrote: »

Maybe this will have you coming back, another tube amp arrived smashed today via fedex. I told the guy not to use ups because Ihad two arrived smashed. Well the tubes are smashed up in the BAT because of the terrible packing job.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    I told the seller today that the damage has nothing to do with fedex and that is was his fault. The broken shards from the large power tube is all overthe box and also inside the amp itself. I will load a couple of pics up andi am sure manywill agree with my statement. I am almost at the end of my tether and I am a patient guy.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,828
    heiney9 wrote: »

Maybe this will have you coming back, another tube amp arrived smashed today via fedex. I told the guy not to use ups because Ihad two arrived smashed. Well the tubes are smashed up in the BAT because of the terrible packing job.

I suppose you have pics of this too? Oh no, that's right, we're still waiting for the ones
    from your deal with ZLTFUL, two weeks ago and counting.

Hey Brock good to see you peek in here now and then.

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • halo71
    So that is 3 smashed amps now? lol
    --Gary--
  • ZLTFUL
    He doesn't own a Porsche. He bought a used Boxster.

• halo71
    You know her name Keiko?
    --Gary--
This discussion has been closed.