Broken record: 2nd tube amp in 3 days arrived smashed up

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,230
    halo71 wrote: »
    You know her name Keiko?

You can't afford it ;)

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    He doesn't own a Porsche. He bought a used Boxster.
    Every morning when I pour cereal I imagine your pc you sent falling into bowl with the flakes. My car is super fun to drive, has better handling than the 911 and it is beautiful to look at. I also get complimented all the time from random people so I am happy with it and thats what is most important.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,647
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    A Porsche Boxter. There are upgraded S and GTS versions as well.
    A friend of mine used to have one, but I don't remember which version. Unfortunately he lost it with Katrina. He loved that car and always talked about it.

You don't pick up on sarcasm very well do you?
    And it is Box*S*ter. The top 2 owner demographics for the Porsche Boxster...divorced middle aged women and college aged females. But given the skinny jeans, I have my suspicions.

"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,185
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Oh, how I have missed thee................Club Polk!
    Maybe this will have you coming back, another tube amp arrived smashed today via fedex. I told the guy not to use ups because Ihad two arrived smashed. Well the tubes are smashed up in the BAT because of the terrible packing job.

From February 25:
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    I'm anxiously awaiting the "Now FedEx has damaged my package" thread.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    A Porsche Boxter. There are upgraded S and GTS versions as well.
    A friend of mine used to have one, but I don't remember which version. Unfortunately he lost it with Katrina. He loved that car and always talked about it.

You don't pick up on sarcasm very well do you?
    And it is Box*S*ter. The top 2 owner demographics for the Porsche Boxster...divorced middle aged women and college aged females. But given the skinny jeans, I have my suspicions.

Your saying all this but yet you drive a used run of the mill BMW?

If you and i were to pull up to a pretty girl on the street she would ask me if I needed directions and inform you that she is not a prostitute.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Personally, I would stick with solid state gear. There is a reason why it is 'solid'.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ZLTFUL
    Your saying all this but yet you drive a used run of the mill BMW?

If you and i were to pull up to a pretty girl on the street she would ask me if I needed directions and inform you that she is not a prostitute.

You keep telling yourself that cupcake. Real men drive GT3s or 996s or even a Cayman S for that matter. Wannabes drive a $14000 used girl's Porsche.
    And the women who matter know the different between a Porsche that cost $35k new and a BMW that cost $65k new.
    Girls marry boys who drive Boxsters they bought with mommy and daddy's money instead of paying cash themselves.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    This is a mind ****. The effed up version of the already effed up Jerry Springer show lives here. What the **** guys...seriously.

Halen
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,732
    I don't measure my manhood by my car. Those that do are compensating for something.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    "People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along? Can we get along?"

The 20th century philosopher, Rodney King.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ZLTFUL
    I don't measure my manhood by my car. Those that do are compensating for something.

Touche.

But would you rather own:
    porsche-boxster-pink-china-1.jpg?3b149d

or
    158675d1340154677-343m-wheels-e60-m5-will-work-avant-garde-m355-wheels-blue-e602.jpg

I already have a wife so my manhood is taken. Or at least that's what she told me to say.

• ken brydson

Touche.

But would you rather own:
    porsche-boxster-pink-china-1.jpg?3b149d

or
    158675d1340154677-343m-wheels-e60-m5-will-work-avant-garde-m355-wheels-blue-e602.jpg

I already have a wife so my manhood is taken. Or at least that's what she told me to say.

She carries your manhood in her purse, just like mine...

• ken brydson
    Knew this would go at least 6 pages. Why do we bother....
  • ZLTFUL
    You know...I got thinking about PFB's comment about pulling up to a girl.
    Her response would most likely be, "****...you're a dude? I only thought other girls drove these!"
    nbrowser wrote: »

Ouch dude, you still have it man, don't ever doubt that. Also, I omitted the posted cars...Porsche and Bavarian Money Wasters don't do it for this guy...give me my 17 year old two wheel drive F150, gets one from A to B effectively, sometimes with a thousand pounds in the back or tenderly bringing SDA speakers home with ease.

We have the wife's truck-car for hauling speakers. To each their own on vehicles. Probably as personal of a purchase as the house you choose to own or build. Me...I like my rock solid Autobahn cruise missile. The wife loves her Toyota and Acuras.
    Being a car guy, every 3 or 4 years, I buy something else as I enjoy a change of scenery.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,352
    I am on the hunt for one of these....w5ps5oin3aen.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    I drive a '95 Civic VX that gets 60mpg on the highway (without batteries, suck it Prius) and has a 92 horsepower 1500cc engine. Who's the girl with no money now?

Wait, I don't think I did that right.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,620
    He is a tall married male who recently retired. He is also happens to be a very knowledgeable well above average electrical engineer.

I feel like I'm on E-Harmony.

Say, you don't happen to have any offerings of the female persuasion, do you ? I don't particularly care what her knowledge level is regarding electrical engineering although she should be able to plug in an iron and know her way around kitchen utensils ( at least enough to make a good sammich).

....... something from the Keiko Collection would be nice. And I'm not referring to his Pomegranate Hell Hounds. I have standards.

Sal Palooza
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,945
    This thread still going ?? I'll admit the entertainment factor was pretty good at first, but now it's like an old pair of smelly sneakers with no shoe laces.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    tonyb wrote: »
    This thread still going ?? I'll admit the entertainment factor was pretty good at first, but now it's like an old pair of smelly sneakers with no shoe laces.

Worn, tattered, hardly useful, but something inside just can't let go :)
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • chefkungfu
    chefkungfu Posts: 638
    Rick88 wrote: »
    halo71 wrote: »
    ermmm, that chick is a **** star. Just sayin'....

So ..... uhm ,,,,, might she available for social engagements, at a nominal fee, if one were so inclined ?

..,,,,,, just asking. For informational purpose only.

I like the way you think sir... she could be a great...uhhhmmmm... asset for the next Polkfest.

You guys are on to something, and I'm in!! I'll ride my new bike there, and pitch in on the fees. I've always wanted to get to a Polkfest and meet some of y'all... B)

yuwtv3h3ll2b.gif

I keep coming back here just to see it they're anymore hot brunettes bouncing around!!!
    I sure love me some pie!!!!

SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,598
    I find it funny that the 2nd biggest d'bag on this forum has seemed to have turned over a new leaf. And wants this thread deleted. Cause its bad for Polk's image. lol
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Keiko wrote: »
    8vb9hdc6i048.gif

God damn!!!

If we could just skip the words and focus on the pretty pictures, this thread would be a better place.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,945
    Dang Mike....you buckin' for a member of the year pin ? Better keep your grove on because Rick88 is hot on your heals.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • chefkungfu
    ....... something from the Keiko Collection would be nice. And I'm not referring to his Pomegranate Hell Hounds. I have standards

Me too. That's why I quit dating emo girls. Too depressing. ;)

8vb9hdc6i048.gif

That's so hot!! I like it a lot!!!
    Keep 'em coming! Thanks Keiko!
    F Tao.
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • chefkungfu
    :o I didn't know they could do that!

tyed857ff33s.gif

You would be surprised what they can do!!!!
    This is precisely why I keep coming back to this thread!!!!
    Very nice, guys!!!
    I love me some pie!
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    ^^^my mother always said "if you keep scratching like that, its only going to get worse"
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2015
    mrbiron wrote: »
    God damn!!!

If we could just skip the words and focus on the pretty pictures, this thread would be a better place.
    So our Vanilla sensor won't allow us to say h e l l or cr ap and a multitude of other words, but taking the Lord's name in vain gets a pass... :*

Not a dig at you Mrbiron, but rather just pointing out the complete stupidity of the filtering system.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    This thread is on it's last leg, breathing only with assistance and diminishing vital signs. Certainly not a meaningful quality of life thread.
  • nooshinjohn
    It seems to be a typical posting by PFB, seemingly intentionally controversial and certainly popular. As long as it doesn't become excessively abusive or ribald it can remain.

So continuously posting controversial crap like this that is guaranteed to irritate most of us is ok so long as it's popular, while those of us that have called him out on his bs get warnings and such?

Good to know....

This discussion has been closed.