Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    dromunds wrote: »
    On this date in 1967, the Packers beat the Cowboys 21-17 in the Ice Bowl. My Dad was at the game, said he didn't even feel the cold it was so exciting.

I just watched that game on NFL network. Every time I watch it I hope the Cowboys win...they never do! LOL

Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Think TCU made a statesmen against Ole Miss!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    gce: the year before the Ice Bowl, the Packers also played the Cowboys and the Packers also won a very exciting game. Those games between Lombardi and Landry were among the best ever in football. It was disgraceful how Landry was treated when J. Jones took over. The Packers organization acted equally classless with Brett Favre, although in the latter case both parties had some blame. In the case of the Cowboys, Landry was a first class gentleman and did nothing whatsoever to deserve that treatment.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Very true dromunds. I miss the years that the announcers would say "Landry, the only head coach the Cowboys have had" but I'm a Cowboy fan from day 1 and always will be! I just think it was great that they were only 5/6 years old and being able to match up with the best. Love watching those old games with the Packers.

Hey, if things go right for us we'll have one of those games this year. B)
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    I've been a Cowboy fan since watching the Ice Bowl when I was a kid.I grew up in the NY/NJ area and you couldn't watch the Giants they stunk so bad and the only other team you would consistently see on TV was the Cowboys...
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • dromunds
    Now that was a gutsy call by Barry Alverez for the Badgers on 4th and 1, but it paid off. I hope the Badgers can hold on. Good game so far even though the Badgers have perhaps the worst QB in the high school ranks.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    WOW Baylor coughs up the Cotton Bowl to the Mich St...2 missed field goals and no pressure on the Spartans QB in last drive. Great D at the end by the Spartans....
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • dromunds
    That was one gutsy game by the Wis. Badgers to pull out the Outback Bowl in OT
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    I'm trying to decide which is the bigger choke, Baylor losing that game or ESPN advertising this playoff system every third commercial for the last two months and then when the game starts their WatchESPN service goes down, which is the only way many people can get that game.

If you're gonna move something like that off network tv on to a paid service then you better make goddamn sure it works, heads should roll because of something like this.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited January 2015
    Sounds like ESPN really dropped the ball on this. I was pulling for our TCU horned frogs and they basically dismantled Ole Miss, it was the biggest pt. margin between winner and loser in the history of the Peach Bowl. I was a Baylor fan also and expected them to crush Michigan State in the Cotton Bowl, not so though. All in all, I think TCU is a better team than Baylor in 2014 season.
  • dromunds
    What a day for FOOTBALL yesterday was!
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
  • Go Buckeyes!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    How bout dem Buckeyes!! Gut check for sure. Beating Oregon is going to be a tall order but certainly doable.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    edited January 2015
    Go Bucks!!!!! What a great game. Roll T u r d !!!!
  • deronb1 wrote: »
    How bout dem Buckeyes!! Gut check for sure. Beating Oregon is going to be a tall order but certainly doable.

I agree. The Bucks managed to win without getting to banged up, so that's going to help. I am somewhat concerned about the headshot C. Jones took late in the second half might have him concussed. If he is healthy though and as long as the Buckeyes don't turn the ball over, they should be able to beat Oregon.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Conradicles
    However the bucks play calling was terrible. They could have won by several TDs if they would have run the ball in goaline situations.
  • Maybe. Alabama is excellent at preventing rushing touchdowns though, the Buckeyes were trying to avoid Bama's strengths. I do not agree with the 1st down deep ball late in the fourth though, perhaps the Buckeyes could have avoided giving bama the ball back with almost two minutes if they would have kept it on the ground.
  • Conradicles
    It was not excellent last night. They are over rated like many of the SEC teams this year.
  • Polkie2009
    I missed the Rose Bowl game ,but had a feeling Oregon was going to beat Fla. St. I have been watching a lot of the Ohio St. games this past season because they usually were being televised by some channel. The Ohio St. v. Wisconsin game truly showed me how well run the Ohio St. team is by winning 59-0. Then bashing Alabama in the Sugar Bowl 42-35. The Ohio State QB Cardale Jones is for real , not just a third string backup QB. Looking forward to seeing this matchup between Ohio St. and Oregon.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Let's go Fins! Time to shore up that OL some more in the draft so we can maybe, possibly, sell our souls for a playoff berth next year.....
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited January 2015
    With all the Bowl games out there, I am surprised nobody has come up with the idea of pairing off the two worst teams in college ball. The could call it the Tidy Bowl, sponsored by Tidy Bowl toilet cleaner.

Who else better to call when your season is swirling the drain.
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • deronb1
    However the bucks play calling was terrible. They could have won by several TDs if they would have run the ball in goaline situations.

They should hire Tressel back when they need to be conservative :)
  • Polkie2009
    edited January 2015
    Wow, the Univ. of Houston Cougars made history today with a miracle comeback win against the Univ. of Pittsburgh Panthers with a score of 35-34 in the Armed Forces Bowl.. Pittsburgh was leading 31-6 with 14 minutes left in the game. The Panthers were still up 34-13 with 6:14 left before U of H exploded into a team being controlled by angels,lol , capitalizing on offside kicks and scoring touchdowns. This was the 3rd largest comeback ever in a bowl game.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Cam Newton sure is a tough dude! Kudos for the way he toughed it out, really fighting for those 1st downs. Cutler would have taken a taxi home halfway thru that one :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • deronb1
    Ha! Bye, bye Squealers!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    voltz wrote: »
    Cam Newton sure is a tough dude! Kudos for the way he toughed it out, really fighting for those 1st downs. Cutler would have taken a taxi home halfway thru that one :)

Ya know, this game was like watching 2 bad college teams. WTF happened to the Cards ? Cam certainly took a beating in the game but toughed it out, kudos to the man. Jay Cutler would have broke a nail and sat down for sure. One more thing, how do you have arguably one of the best receivers in the league and don't put the ball in his hands ? The Cards offense was simply horrible. Ok, 2 more things, Kevin Butlers kid didn't learn a damn thing from his old man and should lose his starting position.

Steelers and Ravens was a much better game with it possibly going either way up to the last quarter. Ravens defense was too much for Steelers offense. These 2 teams have played each other a lot and from where I sit, Steelers didn't do their homework. Ben was holding onto the ball way too long and it seemed they had no quick throw plays in the playbook to avoid the pressure from the Ravens front.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Way-to-go-Ravens!
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    The Ravens winning last night was basically the best thing that could happen for me as a Bronco fan. Patriots are the best team in the AFC this year and are a different team than the Ravens beat up in NE a couple years ago, but their track record up in NE has to give the Ravens confidence.

I'd love to see the Ravens go in to NE and knock off the Patriots and then visit Denver if Denver somehow finds a way to play a good game and wins next week. Sure the Ravens also won in Denver that year but given the choice I'll take that game over a trip to NE.
  • deronb1
    If Dalton can just keep it together, the Bengals have a good shot today.