Response To Habanero Monk's Inquiry

Options

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    So much to say, so little time.
    That court ruling has me concerned that if anything happens that makes this test of his not happen, he would sue me for breach of contract.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • drselect
    Options
    Just curious whats the over/under on Jinjuku, H Monk and Villian being the same person?
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Guess whose back... back again... Ryans back...... dont post video's ever again......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    LOL
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    LOL

Good to see you again sir.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    On vacation ? :D

Speaking of "split personalities", I'm just wondering if perhaps rskarvan and cornhulio are somehow hidden in the mix. :o
    Sal Palooza
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited September 2014
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    "What we've got here is failure to communicate.

You got to say that with a southern accent.

What we got heereee is failuuure ta commuunicate.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DarqueKnight
    Options
    @WilliamM2

WilliamM2 (WilliamZX11 on AVS) made this comment about me on the AVS forum:

WilliamZX11-DKReferencesOwnWork-s_zpsaf6daf27.jpg

First, I seldom reference my own work, and when I do, it is usually in response to a question asked about it. Second, the information on debiasing customers IS NOT my work. It is the work of economics researchers.

Third, you said

"It's tough to take someone seriously who keeps referencing his own work to back up his claims. Kinda like using the bible to prove that god exists."

OK, WilliamM2, what do you think of someone who makes an alternate identity and goes around the Internet referencing another of his alternate identities, such as the case below were Habanero Monk went to the Computer Audiophile forum and referenced something that his Jinjuku identity had said on AVS?:

HMComputerAudiophilePost-6-20-14a_zps075243dc.jpg

Link: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f8-general-forum/gordon-rankin-says-im-wrong-about-universal-serial-bus-industry-standard-cables-connectors-and-communications-protocols-between-computers-and-electronic-devices-cable-sound-20814/index9.html#post329578
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited September 2014
    Options
    lol, anyone who has ever had a kid knows that they have to learn "how to read", "how to reason", "how to write", "how to swim", "how to ride a bike", etc. What makes "anyone" think you don't have to "learn" how to "listen"? When a baby is babbling he/she is producing/experimenting with almost every sound a human can make till he/she matches his/her sounds/words (and supresses the others) to the actual language his/her parents speak. He/she is ALSO learning by "listening" to the reinforcement sounds coming from his family and others around him who are always encouraging him/her by repeating and correcting him/her. Heck, we even have to train dogs to do their business outside, for god's sake!

As a teacher I can tell you "people need to learn how to listen-as well as WHAT to listen for"!

And sure, a cheap pro-amp sounds as good as a Carver? WOW! This just proves these guys have NOT learned "how to listen" yet! They also haven't learned how to read yet; at least not DK's posts/threads!

On the positive side, boys and girls: it's NEVER too LATE to LEARN!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,713
    Options
    OK, WilliamM2, what do you think of someone who makes an alternate identity and goes around the Internet referencing another of his alternate identities, such as the case below were Habanero Monk went to the Computer Audiophile forum and referenced something that his Jinjuku identity had said on AVS?:

I would assume that person has some personal issues.

When another person rambles on about it for over a week, and searchs the internet for any posts that person has made elsewhere, I would assume that person has issues as well.

Don't ask my opinion again if you are going to continue to have the posts deleted.

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    You had a post deleted? Why? I don't think anyone can arbitrarily have posts removed, but I could be wrong. I just haven't heard of that.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • WilliamM2
    Options
    I don't know, but I replied earlier, and it disappeared very soon after. No message from a moderator, or any explanation.

I've noticed in the profiles there is a "Roles" listing. Most just list "registered". Others have more roles assigned. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited September 2014
    Options
    WilliamM2 wrote: »

I would assume that person has some personal issues.

You would assume correctly, but it did/does not stop you from participating in and encouraging that person's obsessive behavior did/does it? What does that say about your character and "issues"?
    [When another person rambles on about it for over a week, and searchs the internet for any posts that person has made elsewhere, I would assume that person has issues as well.

Yes, I do have issues with a person who declares himself a "thorn in the side" of this forum simply because he does not agree with our positions in audio.

You look like a stark raving hyper-hypocritical nut talking about me "rambling" about Jinjuku's/Habanero Monk's identity scam for a week while you will participate in a cable thread for WEEKS ON END!

For example, you rambled in this Ethernet cable thread over a period of 6 Weeks!!!:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/153-cd-players-dedicated-music-transports/1531056-differences-sq-ethernet-cable-challenge.html

The AVS thread was started on 5/9/14. You made your first post on 5/15/14 and your last post on 6/30/14. NONE of your posts had anything to do with the thread topic. Every last one of them was either an insult to a member of Club Polk or an insult to the general Club Polk membership. It seems that, in your mind, "rambling" for multiple weeks is OK if it consists of disparaging Club Polk members.
    Don't ask my opinion again if you are going to continue to have the posts deleted.

Don't make wild, paranoid, delusional, unsubstantiated accusations. You should know by now that I don't hide behind moderators and I don't throw rocks and hide my hand. If I have a problem with something someone says, I confront them directly. Isn't that exactly what I did when I went to AVS and answered Habanero Monk's "inquiry"? Isn't that exactly what I am doing in this thread?

For the record, I didn't have any of your posts deleted. I would not ask a direct question to someone and then ask to have the answer deleted. We don't operate like AVS. If your post "disappeared", it was most likely due to a forum glitch or a browser glitch. You might even have hit the "Save Draft" button rather than the "Post Comment" button.

I do recall that several of my posts in the AVS thread cited above were deleted twice, and I wasn't doing anything but correcting misrepresentations about me. You obviously think that because AVS operates a certain way, other forums must operate the same way. You are wrong.
    BlueFox wrote: »
    You had a post deleted? Why? I don't think anyone can arbitrarily have posts removed, but I could be wrong. I just haven't heard of that.

You are correct that posts cannot be removed arbitrarily. Posts can and have been removed from threads for inappropriate language and for making off topic comments, such as WilliamM2's/WilliamZX11's comments in the AVS thread cited above.
    I don't know, but I replied earlier, and it disappeared very soon after. No message from a moderator, or any explanation.

Well, since your comment "stuck" the second time, and I responded to it, that would seem to indicate that it was a forum or browser glitch and not some sinister effort to "silence" you.
    I've noticed in the profiles there is a "Roles" listing. Most just list "registered". Others have more roles assigned. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Your propensity for delusional and paranoid thinking is amazing.

I notice that you are an "AVS Special Member". I'm not sure if that's why a moderator deleted my comments due to so-called "bickering" and your comments insulting Club Polk members were allowed to remain. See? I can talk crazy too.

• DarqueKnight
    Options
    When another person rambles on about it for over a week, and searchs the internet for any posts that person has made elsewhere, I would assume that person has issues as well.

It's interesting how @WilliamM2 can take cheap shots at Club Polk members over a 6 WEEK period, but my discussing an Internet troll's dishonest character for a week is seemingly intolerable.

I still have more to say...like this gem below that was posted on the Parts Express Tech Talk forum, where "Jinjuku" mentions helping "fellow Audioholics member" and "fellow AVS member" "Habanero Monk" build a subwoofer.

JinjukuHelpsHMBuildASub-PEForum4-29-14a_zps2a2288c7.jpg

Link: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?242478-Table-saw-accident-could-have-been-worse&p=1987096#post1987096

Curiously, not only do Jinjuku and Habanero Monk collaborate on DIY audio projects, but they sometimes log in to and out of AVS at the same time. Now, what are the odds of two people, in the same city, logging in to and logging out of the same Internet forum at the same time?

8/30/14 Habanero Monk logs in to AVS at 5:41am
    8/30/14 Jinjuku logs in to AVS at 5:42am

HabaneroMonkAVSLogin8-30-14_zps529e8e11.jpg

JinJukuAVSLogin8-30-14_zps5e125916.jpg

8/30/14 Habanero Monk logs out of AVS at 8:58pm
    8/30/14 Jinjuku logs out of AVS at 8:58pm

HabaneroMonkAVSLogout8-30-14_zpsf3be7979.jpg

JinjukuAVSLogout8-30-14-Stats_zps9300ca2d.jpg
    ArteJohnson-Really_zpsa13711d7.jpg
    Really?

JinjukuCongratsMonk-redact2_zps4992d659.jpg

Not yet.
  • WilliamM2
    Options
    And there you go again, on and on, overacting. Where did I say your behavior is intolerable? I said you have issues.

There's a big difference between responding to a thread over a period of time, often weeks apart, and chasing some forum members all over the internet to copy and paste their posts here daily. One is obsessive, guess which?

The idea that I encouraged HM's behavior, when I had no idea he had two persona's is also ridiculous. Talk about delusional. I wonder how many posts you will need to respond to this one? Will they all be 1000 words or more?

By the way, the titles on AVS change as the post count goes up, just like they used to here. It means nothing.
  • WilliamM2
    Options
    Don't make wild, paranoid, delusional, unsubstantiated accusations. You should know by now that I don't hide behind moderators and I don't throw rocks and hide my hand. If I have a problem with something someone says, I confront them directly. Isn't that exactly what I did when I went to AVS and answered Habanero Monk's "inquiry"? Isn't that exactly what I am doing in this thread?

You don't hide behind moderators? Here's just one example.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/104973/a-historical-overview-of-stereophonic-blind-testing
    As the author of this thread, I have asked a moderator to remove certain off-topic posts and lock it as there has been ample opportunity for all interested parties to state and substantiate their views.

Please do not make any further posts as I have also asked the moderator to delete any posts after this one.

Not only posts deleted, but the entire thread closed.
  • DarqueKnight
    Options
    And there you go again, on and on, overacting. Where did I say your behavior is intolerable?

You didn't have to say it explicitly. Your whining about one week of anti-troll comments and your silence about, and participation in, multiple weeks of anti-audiophile trolling is evidence enough.
    There's a big difference between responding to a thread over a period of time, often weeks apart, and chasing some forum members all over the internet to copy and paste their posts here daily. One is obsessive, guess which?

The obsessive one is the person who takes every opportunity to insult the members of this forum by making comments not even related to a thread topic. The obsessive one is the person who comes back time after time over a period of SIX WEEKS to make off topic insulting comments. As I pointed out in the AVS Ethernet cable thread example, none of the comments you made had anything to do with the topic of the thread. Every comment you made was an insult to Club Polk Forum member or members. For example, in a thread about an Ethernet cable test you made the following comments:

WmM2-AVSEthCblThread033_zpsde8c7916.jpg

WmM2-AVSEthCblThread052_zps315393df.jpg

WmM2-AVSEthCblThread090_zpsc10ff9a2.jpg

WmM2-AVSEthCblThread094_zps3dda6e0c.jpg

WmM2-AVSEthCblThread100_zps4597abe9.jpg
    The idea that I encouraged HM's behavior, when I had no idea he had two persona's is also ridiculous. Talk about delusional.

You encouraged and were/are a willing participant in HM's trolling behavior and antagonism against this forum. You didn't need to know of his multiple personas to engage in that. Nice try at deflection though.

I realize it is agonizing and embarrassing to see one of your anti-audiophile heroes exposed for the lying fraud that he is, but you all are just going to have to go through this.
    I wonder how many posts you will need to respond to this one? Will they all be 1000 words or more?

No one is forcing you to read my posts. If your attention span is too short to deal with my post length, don't read them. However, I must say that your comment is surprising considering that I don't recall you complaining about the length and number of anti-audiophile and anti-Club Polk posts in threads here and at AVS. It seems that you only prefer that posts be short and few in number when they are about topics you don't like or find embarrassing.

When I went to AVS and posted corrections to misstatements that Habanero Monk/Jinjuku, you, and others made, I did not complain about the number and length of your posts. My issue was with the misinformation you all were spewing.
    By the way, the titles on AVS change as the post count goes up, just like they used to here. It means nothing.

Thanks for the clarification. I totally agree with the last part of your comment.
    You don't hide behind moderators? Here's just one example.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/104973/a-historical-overview-of-stereophonic-blind-testing
    As the author of this thread, I have asked a moderator to remove certain off-topic posts and lock it as there has been ample opportunity for all interested parties to state and substantiate their views.

Please do not make any further posts as I have also asked the moderator to delete any posts after this one.

Not only posts deleted, but the entire thread closed.

You are desperately grasping at the wind in a pitiful attempt to save face. How was I "hiding" when I plainly said I was the one who had off topic posts deleted and I plainly said that the (2 year old) thread had run it's course? I didn't want the thread to be cluttered with a lot of off topic banter. None of Arnold B. Krueger's comments were deleted. More important than than, Arnold B. Krueger was not addressing my direct questions. Furthermore, if others, including, you, Arnold B. Krueger, or anyone else had anything further to say, they could have made a separate thread. I do understand how cleaning up a thread and preventing further cluttering would be objectionable to you since your only contribution to audio-related threads seems to be trolling and insulting comments about audiophiles in general and Club Polk members in particular.

• brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    Options
    William,why do you go to other forums to trash people and their opinions instead of saying what you think right here?
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • WilliamM2
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The obsessive one is the person who takes every opportunity to insult the members of this forum by making comments not even related to a thread topic. The obsessive one is the person who comes back time after time over a period of SIX WEEKS to make off topic insulting comments.

5 posts in six weeks is obsessive? You'd better seek help, you posted that many in this thread in the last two days.

And the comments were on topic, delusional beliefs in audio, and the people who promote them.
  • WilliamM2
    Options
    brgman wrote: »
    William,why do you go to other forums to trash people and their opinions instead of saying what you think right here?

I've said what I think right here many times. There's nothing there that I haven't said here before.

Are you new here?

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,907
    Options
    But what is your real intention of being a Polk member if your going to just talk crap about the members on the other forums..

Makes no sense to me...
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Oh man, DK just "tore up" WilliamM2!!!!!!!!

Sorry DK but I'm now losing interest. I've seen the Discovery channel and their shows about alpha predators. Rats and field mice tend to not stand a chance. :p
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    Options
    I hear there's going to be a boxing ring set up for polkfest 14'. They are negotiating pay per view rights as we speak....
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• WilliamM2
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    But what is your real intention of being a Polk member if your going to just talk crap about the members on the other forums..

Makes no sense to me...

My intention was to get information on Polk speakers. Instead I was greeted with all this magical thinking, so I stuck around for the entertainment value. It's priceless.

• DarqueKnight
    Options

My intention was to get information on Polk speakers. Instead I was greeted with all this magical thinking, so I stuck around for the entertainment value. It's priceless.

You say the entertainment value is priceless, yet you complain about the number and length of anti-anti-audiophile posts. ;)

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited September 2014
    Options
    5 posts in six weeks is obsessive?

It is obsessive when you keep returning over a six week period for the sole purpose of maligning a particular person or group of people and not to contribute anything substantive to the discussion.
    You'd better seek help, you posted that many in this thread in the last two days.

In a thread calling out a lying troll, a reasonable, rational person would expect to find a lot of posts about that lying troll.
    And the comments were on topic, delusional beliefs in audio, and the people who promote them.

Let's see: the thread title is "Differences In Sound Quality Of Ethernet Cable Challenge". Therefore, the thread is purportedly and ostensibly an HONEST attempt to determine if someone can actually discern a difference in various Ethernet audio cables. Thank you for clarifying that the test in question and the thread in question was/is actually about "delusional beliefs in audio, and the people who promote them".

However, if the thread was actually about "delusional beliefs in audio, and the people who promote them", the moderator's comment here is baffling and bizarre:

DrDrAVSModDeletesPosts8-29-14-s_zps657352e9.jpg

It seems the moderator did not get the memo that the thread was about "delusional beliefs in audio, and the people who promote them" rather than its stated topic of "Differences In Sound Quality Of Ethernet Cable".

It is also baffling an bizarre that the moderator said that A LOT of posts were removed for being off topic, bickering and discussing other forums, but most of the posts that were off topic, talking about other people, and talking about other forums were allowed to remain. It appears that he mostly had a problem with my posts.
  • WilliamM2
    Options
    You say the entertainment value is priceless, yet you complain about the number and length of anti-anti-audiophile posts. ;)

I didn't complain, I asked a question. Are you unable to tell the difference?
    It is also baffling an bizarre that the moderator said that A LOT of posts were removed for being off topic, talking about other people, and talking about other forums, but most of the posts that were off topic, talking about other people, and talking about other forums were allowed to remain. It appears that he mostly had a problem with my posts.

Maybe he has read your other posts there, and found them wanting. Or maybe he just doesn't like you. You'll have to ask him.

• DarqueKnight
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Sorry DK but I'm now losing interest. I've seen the Discovery channel and their shows about alpha predators. Rats and field mice tend to not stand a chance. :p

I must admit that my interest in this exercise is also waning, especially since I have finally come to terms with the realization that the "guest(s) of honor" will not be coming here to present his/their side of the story.

Crushing grapes and toying with field mice is only amusing for a little while, but sometimes it needs to be done.

• WilliamM2
    Options
    Crushing grapes and toying with field mice is only amusing for a little while, but sometimes it needs to be done.

Don't leave now, your delusions of grandeur are just starting to get entertaining.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options

No, that's not it. You stuck around to try to get people to stoop to your level of audio ignorance. What's really funny is that after all this time no one has. That should tell you something, but alas you don't get that either.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

This discussion has been closed.