Response To Habanero Monk's Inquiry

Options

Comments

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    IPs pretty easy to change, so not 100% accurate by any stretch
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,851
    Options
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    I think Ken should check villian's IP as well. I bet all 3 match.

Why not have him check everyone's IP's? Not just members you don't like.

Good idea, yours probably matches the other 3 lost boys.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Options
    I think Ken should check villian's IP as well. I bet all 3 match.

Agreed. Oh, wait, should I have hit the "agree" button. :#
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,574
    Options
    So sad what has become of this forum.... :(
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    Options
    I'm not interested. My original comment was just stating that banned members have come back with new accounts before, and will do so again in the future.

I know you think you are making some great revelation, but I think most people here understand that banned members come back. As I stated in my response to Jinjuku here, and on AVS, most people who go to forums with the intention of acting a fool register under multiple names to begin with.
    It only seems to matter if they are members who don't believe in magical thinking, otherwise it's just ignored.

You are one of the most, if not the most, bitter anti-audiophile here and I am not aware that anyone has ever advocated banning you for your anti-magical thinking. I do not think it would matter to most of the members here if you snuck back in after being banned because, to my knowledge, you have not went on an active campaign to smear this forum and its members. To my knowledge you are not on record as saying that your sole purpose for being here is to be a thorn in the side of the members. Most people here find you amusing.

If you cannot discern the difference between someone given a 7 day "time out" for posting an inappropriate video and someone who is a sworn enemy of this forum who goes all over the Internet bad mouthing it and its members, then you really have issues with honest evaluation comprehending adult concepts.

For the record, Habanero Monk was "ignored" until he started with the Jinjuku-like ranting that someone FROM THIS forum prove to him that they can hear an Ethernet cable difference. I mentioned several times to Habanero Monk that he might find several willing participants among the people and companies that are doing product research and development in this area. But no...it had to be someone FROM THIS forum. Added to this is the fact that Habanero Monk went to several other forums ranting about his so-called "cable challenge" as if it was the showdown of the century. You were a participant in the AVS thread where HM, you and others, did not confine your discussion to the great cable challenge. You all were primarily with making disparaging remarks about this forum and its members.

It is beginning to dawn on me that perhaps your hero, Habanero Monk, will not show up to answer my allegations. I thought he would jump at the opportunity since he seems to be so obsessed with proving a Club Polk members wrong in general and proving me wrong in particular.

Perhaps he does not feel "safe" without a moderator's shoe heel to hide under. When he was over at AVS lying about me and misrepresenting me, I went over to AVS and addressed his, yours, and others' comments directly. I didn't need a moderator to "protect" me and I didn't take any "backup". My responses were deleted twice, but I took the time to restate my responses, and inquiry, here in order to give Habanero Monk fair chance to address them.

By the way, since I have your attention, I will post a screen cap of my response to your comments at AVS denigrating Bluefox's choice of power cable for his Pass Labs XP-20 preamplifier.

DKResponseToWilliamZX11_zps305ac181.jpg

By the way, we roared with laughter about your ignorance of the concept of outboard power supplies that our Pass Lab preamplifiers use. They are not used, as you put it, between "preamp and amp". Maybe if you people took the time to actually learn something about performance audio before you (mis)speak, you wouldn't constantly be publicly embarrassing yourselves. Like the class clown, you always think people are laughing with you, but people are actually laughing at you.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/162693/revelation-audio-labs-passage-cryosilver-reference-db25-power-cable

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/163098/revisiting-magnetic-shielding-for-the-pass-labs-xp-25-phono-preamp

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/161895/review-revelation-audio-power-umbilical-for-pass-xp-20-preamp

Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    By the way, since I have your attention, I will post a screen cap of my response to your comments at AVS denigrating Bluefox's choice of power cable for his Pass Labs XP-20 preamplifier.

DKResponseToWilliamZX11_zps305ac181.jpg

Gosh there Mr ZX11. If you are going to ridicule me then at least get your facts right. I paid $499 for that cable, not $600. While I wish the price was a little lower, the vendor is a one man shop, and should be paid for his work. Anyway, for all silver conductors, and Mil-spec shielded DB25 connectors, it really is much better than the cheap, plastic, throw-away cable supplied by Pass. However, the important point is it elevated the performance of the pre to a much better level. No magic there, just good clean electrons flowing more easily between the power supply and pre-amp circuitry.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,719
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I know you think you are making some great revelation, but I think most people here understand that banned members come back. As I stated in my response to Jinjuku here, and on AVS, most people who go to forums with the intention of acting a fool register under multiple names to begin with.

So that's why you have more than one account here.
    You are one of the most, if not the most, bitter anti-audiophile here and I am not aware that anyone has ever advocated banning you for your anti-magical thinking.

Bitter? There goes that over active imagination of yours.

I paid $499 for that cable, not $600. While I wish the price was a little lower, the vendor is a one man shop, and should be paid for his work. Anyway, for all silver conductors, and Mil-spec shielded DB25 connectors, it really is much better than the cheap, plastic, throw-away cable supplied by Pass.

$499, my mistake, that's a bargain for a db25 cable.:p

• WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,719
    Options

Good idea, yours probably matches the other 3 lost boys.

I wonder how many yours matches? I only have one user account on any forum.

• DarqueKnight
    Options
    So that's why you have more than one account here.

If that were true the mods and members would not know of my other accounts, such as "The Monoliths", and "SDAPhotoVault" since I did not create them with the intention to deceive and disparage this forum.

There goes that overactive imagination of yours.

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,543
    Options
    there-u-go.jpg
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,126
    Options
    Nice to see you making so many new friends there slick Willie...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • DarqueKnight
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    However, the important point is it elevated the performance of the pre to a much better level. No magic there, just good clean electrons flowing more easily between the power supply and pre-amp circuitry.

Why are you wasting your time trying to explain elevated audio performance to William? He proved that he doesn't know the difference between a preamp's outboard power supply and a power amp. No wonder high performance audio seems like "magic" to him. :p

• BlueFox
    Options
    Generally, when I post information like that I take the lurker audience into account. If it helps even one lurker then it is worthwhile. I guess for some people the old saying about leading a horse to water applies.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • DarqueKnight
    Options
    Generally, when I post information like that I take the lurker audience into account. If it helps even one lurker then it is worthwhile.

Agreed.

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    I was going to ask, "Why are you guys wasting your time trying to have a rational discussion with WilliamM2 and his ilk?"

However, the two posts by DK and DSkip preempted my question.

I'm reminded of Thomas Gray's famous line:

"Where ignorance is bliss, tis folly to be wise."

But, if you can enlighten one fool, I suppose the effort is worthwhile!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    Some come here to purposely "stir the pot", which is why they need more than one name. The ones that don't.....have no need for multiple names.

Simple isn't it ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    Options
    I hear crickets
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • DarqueKnight
    edited August 2014
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    I hear crickets

Crickets?

I prefer to think that what you are hearing are the precision machinations and superior cognitions of a colossal intellect.

I'm sure Mr. Brown aka Jinjuku aka Habanero Monk will be along shortly. I can't imagine that he would pass up another opportunity to "tear me up". According to his alter ego, Jinjuku, Habanero Monk is uniquely talented in that capacity.

Even if Mr. Brown does not want to address the multiple identity issue, I hope that he would at least stop by and say "thanks" for me answering his inquiry that he ran and posted way over on the AVS forum. I did so much research.

JinjukuCommendingHMForTearingUPDK-s_zps4496f1f8.jpg

Link: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/153-cd-players-dedicated-music-transports/1531056-differences-sq-ethernet-cable-challenge-4.html
    Post edited by DarqueKnight on
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    Options
    What a sick little man.That is if he is even a man.Psycho has a split personality.At the very least.
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,851
    Options
    Eh, I doubt MarkyMark will show his face here again and once the word of his dual identity gets around to the other audio forms, which it already is, I doubt he'll be welcome at any of them.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DarqueKnight
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Eh, I doubt MarkyMark will show his face here again and once the word of his dual identity gets around to the other audio forms, which it already is, I doubt he'll be welcome at any of them.

There's nothing wrong with having multiple identities as long as they are all nice people. :D

You guys are so harsh and unreasonable sometimes.

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,559
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Ok, please tell me we are NOT arguing about patch cables.
    If used for the network (and not for some other purpose) no problems.
    As long as a patch cable is rated for the speed used, cat 5 (or better)for 100mbs or cat 6 for GIG, that's a non- issue.
    Shielded cables should be used in high noise environments.
    Patch cables can be abused over time and lose their ability to meet those
    ratings. But in this case CABLES DON'T MATTER.
    Network issues can cause problems. If junior is hogging bandwidth
    playing the latest RPG in the next room you might have issues.
    Wireless is always an issue around here due to too many wireless
    networks in too small an area.
    I normally go for the "cables matter" side.
    But anyone who bets on this one is going to lose some money.

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    Options
    Ya gotta read the entire thread sucks2
    It's about the character,or lack of in this case of a deranged forum member.
    Deceit and lies are not what we are about here.
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • DarqueKnight
    Options
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    Ok, please tell me we are NOT arguing about patch cables.

No, we are not arguing about patch cables. We are not arguing about anything at all. We are having a gentlemanly discussion about the proper way to ask for clarification and character. The patch cable discission is over at AVS at the link I gave a few posts ago.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,559
    Options
    I tried to follow back and forth, and of course links to the original
    polk threads are dead. I'll stay out of it.

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    Options
    I am surprised they haven't yet removed ZLTFUL's comment pointing out the rampant hypocrisy in the thread. I guess the mod hasn't sobered up yet and logged in to a mailbox full of forum member whining.
    Uh...the whole thread is nothing but bickering about another forum. Not sure why the whole thread wasn't deleted but again, shows a distinctive double standard of *your* members being held to one standard while *theirs* are held to another.

I do wish Mr Monk would respond and explain what he is trying to accomplish by hitting every audio site he can find with his experiment.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I am surprised they haven't yet removed ZLTFUL's comment pointing out the rampant hypocrisy in the thread.

One man's hypocrisy is another man's saving grace.
    I do wish Mr Monk would respond and explain what he is trying to accomplish by hitting every audio site he can find with his experiment.

I thought it was obvious that he is crusading to save the world from audiophile snake oil, an example of which is that $500 DB25 cable you have between your preamp and "amp".

I realize that Mr. Brown may choose to respond to us from the safe confines of AVS and that's fine. I don't have a problem with that. I would just appreciate proper notification, just like I notified him by private message of this thread.

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,953
    Options
    And why do people even bother going to the Polk Forums? It's like going to the zoo and trying to have a conversation with the chimps.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    One of the things that brings me to this forum is people like you Larry :) and the wonderful things you have done to make our audio journey better, like your famous rings an your great dreadnaught cases! You are part of the secret to this site my friend!! I'm glad I got to know you - thanks again for all you have done.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    And why do people even bother going to the Polk Forums? It's like going to the zoo and trying to have a conversation with the chimps.

Chimps? Who called us chimps? It couldn't have been Mr. Brown/Jinjuku/Habanero Monk. He likes this forum so much that he keeps sneaking back after being banned.

I wonder if he snuck back in to this forum after being permanently banned:

JinjukuBannedHTShackForum-s_zpse6a2093e.jpg

Link: http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-subwoofers-general-discussion/43188-tc-sounds-crown-build-need-help-7.html

I take back what I said about Mr. Brown/Jinjuku/Habanero Monk sneaking back into our forum because he likes it so much. He makes it clear here that he considers us "psychoacoustical Neanderthals" and that he only comes here to be a thorn in our sides.

Jinjuku-IJustGotBannedFromCP-r_zpsaa115bd0.jpg

Link: http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/steam-vent/74409-i-just-got-banned-polk-forums.html

One thing is not clear to me: If being banned was such a laughing matter, why is Jinjuku bitterly whining and complaining about it over three years later? This is especially baffling since his alter ego, Habanero Monk, was still active here. Perhaps Habanero Monk will come along shortly and reveal the secrets of this mystery.

The following quotes are taken from this AVS thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/153-cd-players-dedicated-music-transports/1531056-differences-sq-ethernet-cable-challenge.html

Considering what WilliamZX11 (WilliamM2 on the Polk forum) thinks of us, I must wonder if he is just here to be a thorn in our sides also:

WilliamM2s-Opinion-Of-Polk-Forum-s_zps77dd8f1b.jpg

I assume the "food journal" reference was a dig at my audio evaluation paper that was published in the Journal of Sensory Studies. While it is true that the field of sensory science is heavily weighted toward food research, because that's where most of the research funding is concentrated, JOSS publishes papers from all areas of sensory research: sight, sound, smell, taste, and touch. However, I am not surprised that WilliamM2/WilliamZX11 does not understand this. After all, he proved that he could not discern the difference between a power amplifier and a preamplifier's outboard power supply.

This is so sad:

beaveav-is-DK-ever-right_zpsb11898b3.jpg

67Jason-CPs-are-audiophools_zpsda5b4db3.jpg

67Jason-PolkForumADenOfThugs_zpsdddda339.jpg

So there you have it: Some people believe (or want to believe) that Club Polk is a "bastion of lunacy" and a "den of internet thugs" whose members are:

1. Psychoacoustical Neanderthals.
    2. Chimps.
    3. Audiophools.
    4. Thugs.
    5. Lunatics.

To my knowledge, and Mr. Brown/Jinjuku/Habanero Monk can correct me if I am wrong, no one at Club Polk has ever created thread after thread whose purpose is to bash another forum and its members. The thread cited above was ostensibly about an Ethernet audio cable test, but see how quickly it devolved into a bitching and whining "troll therapy" session about Club Polk in general and about me in particular.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it is obvious that the anger and hostility directed toward Club Polk by these individuals is simply due to the fact that trolls cannot come here and run amok.
This discussion has been closed.