Response To Habanero Monk's Inquiry

Options
DarqueKnight
DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
edited August 2014 in The Clubhouse
It recently came to my attention that a member of this forum, Habanero Monk, went to another forum to ask if something I said was true. I have always shown myself willing and able to substantiate my claims, therefore I do not know why Habanero Monk did not ask his question directly to me.

Even more curious is the fact that the question came up in post #13 of a thread that was ostensibly about Ethernet audio cables. Here is a link to the thread:

avsforum.com/forum/153-cd-players-dedicated-music-transports/1531056-differences-sq-ethernet-cable-challenge.html

Here is a screen cap of Habanero Monk's question:

HMonksInquiry-DKStatement_zpsb578464f.jpg

I responded, twice, to this question and twice my response was removed by a moderator because my response was perceived as "bickering". The inquiry that elicited my response was obviously not perceived as "bickering" as it was allowed to remain. I thought my first response was deleted because I used the word "butthurt" in a response to another person. I made my second response without any words that could even remotely be considered offensive, yet it was also deleted.

DKAVSResponsetoHM-Toole_zps66b848bd.jpg

On another, but related matter, it has also come to my attention that Habanero Monk is apparently an alternate identity of a banned Polk Forum member, Jinjuku. I asked this question in the thread referenced above:

DK_Response_To_Jinjuku_Identities_zpsb4be6580.jpg

Now, I am asking Habanero Monk directly: Are you Jinjuku? A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.

[Note: Habanero Monk has been notified by PM of this thread.]
Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!

Comments

• WhatThe
    WhatThe Posts: 2
    Options
    Funny that the thread has been trimmed of "bickering and discussing other forums" while the entire thread revolves around bickering about another forum. Irony...she hurts.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,880
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Good luck getting a truthful answer.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    You raise a very valid point, though I would not hold my breath waiting for an honest answer.

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • DarqueKnight
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    polrbehr wrote: »
    You raise a very valid point, though I would not hold my breath waiting for an honest answer.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    That thread on AVS appears to have a number of individuals with grudges against other Polk members. Did they get their feelings hurt here? Perhaps somebody here explained how audio works, and the facts conflict with their opinions.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • DarqueKnight
    Options
    Please, lets not clutter up this thread with speculations about other AVS members. Let's see what Habanero Monk says.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,650
    Options
    /AVS/DK_Response_To_Jinjuku_Identities_zpsb4be6580.jpg[/img]

Now, I am asking Habanero Monk directly: Are you Jinjuku? A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.

[Note: Habanero Monk has been notified by PM of this thread.]

Interesting for sure I remember Jinjuku just came here to bash us "rock Dwellers" ...So how did you find this IP stuff out?

• gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Please, lets not clutter up this thread with speculations about other AVS members. Let's see what Habanero Monk says.

**** ..er I mean Ditto. ;)

Edit: Just playing with the language filter, (replace the tt with ld) >:)
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • Lord Vader
    Lord Vader Posts: 167
    Options
    polrbehr wrote: »

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

I find you stealing my lines even more disturbing.
  • DarqueKnight
    Options
    "pitdogg2 wrote: »

Interesting for sure I remember Jinjuku just came here to bash us "rock Dwellers" ...

The actual term he used for us was "psychoacoustical Neanderthals".

Jinjuku-IJustGotBannedFromCP-r_zpsc98ab7d4.jpg
    "pitdogg2 wrote: »
    So how did you find this IP stuff out?

Patience. There might be a perfectly good explanation. Two people have been known to use the same computer. That's why I am giving HB the opportunity to offer an explanation...if he (they) want to. :D

• BlueFox
    Options
    Hello. Is there anybody out there?

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,207
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Hello. Is there anybody out there?

2fl221cqkxej.jpg

It's an audio forum, see what I did there?

• BlueFox
    Options
    Why didn't I think of that? :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • DarqueKnight
    Options
    This was a short (closed) thread discussing Jinjuku's banning:

forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/120139/thank-you-polk-mods/p1

With respect to my allegation that Jinjuku=Habanero Monk, Habanero Monk coming out of "lurk mode" to provide a character reference for Jinjuku takes on a whole new meaning.
    All I know is he helped improve my setup for a modest amount of money.

If he was banned for his signature then there are going to be a few other bans coming? I mean it wouldn't do to be biased. I think they call that hypocrisy.

I have mainly lurked because of the open hostility. All I saw in the thread linked was someone showing a source for parts and then the attacks began.
    While I understand what you are saying, I just can not entirely square it. It is like you are making it out that his posting 'style' is some form of singularity here.

Keiko awhile back asked me to just look at other threads that he was in. The only thing that I noticed is he never started throwing the toys first. I never saw him start the name calling, never start the brand bashing.

I have seen him offer a suggestion just to see people pile on him.

What I do not understand is that there is a rules sticky at the top of the forums. I am left with the distinct feeling that they are only arbitrarily applied.

In the end Jin and others (like you) have been very helpful to me. So I will leave it at that.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    Options
    Thanks for the investigative work. Some of these guys have an unproductive agenda.

Carl

• brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    Options
    Did the habanero appear right after the Jin got banned?
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,743
    Options
    brgman wrote: »
    Did the habanero appear right after the Jin got banned?

No, he appeared before jin was banned.

If they are the same person, it's not the first time, or the last. For instance, right after ZLTFUL was banned, WhatThe appeared. Maybe we should launch an investigation.

• DarqueKnight
    edited August 2014
    Options
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    If they are the same person, it's not the first time, or the last. For instance, right after ZLTFUL was banned, WhatThe appeared. Maybe we should launch an investigation.

Great idea! Will you lead the investigation? I specifically want to know if either or both of ZLTFUL and WhatThe are on record saying they will "clean up" Club Polk" or they "enjoy being a thorn in the side of the Polk forum" or that Club Polk members are "psychoacoustical Neanderthals".

• F1nut
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Post edited by F1nut on

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DarqueKnight
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Yes indeed!

I ain't banned...yet. I just wanted to give hope to those who long for the day.

You know how my sense of humor works. >:)
    Post edited by DarqueKnight on
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It worked on me Ray (but in the opposite way as those who long for the day). After the short adrenalin rush ended and my face became less red, and after returning to my senses, I then checked your profile page and realised you cleverly placed your current avatar there. :#
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • WilliamM2
    Options
    Great idea! Will you lead the investigation?

No, I'll leave that up to you. You seem to enjoy it.

• DarqueKnight
    edited August 2014
    Options
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    Great idea! Will you lead the investigation?

No, I'll leave that up to you. You seem to enjoy it.

Well, as you can see, I'm busy right now. By the time I finish with my current investigation, ZLTFUL's seven day "time out" ban will be over. Therefore, if you are really interested in pursuing this and not just venting and blowing smoke, I urge you to take immediate action.

Moving right along - It appears that Habanero Monk was active on this forum earlier this morning. I think it is safe to assume that he has read my PM notifying him of this thread (which was also copied to a moderator) and has had time to read the thread.

HMLastActive8-30-14_zps1d025c63.jpg

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,158
    Options
    DK... remind me to never piss you off. o:)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,207
    Options
    I think we need some charts and graphs! ;)
  • F1nut
    Options
    I think Ken should check villian's IP as well. I bet all 3 match.

President of Club Polk

• WilliamM2
    Options
    Well, as you can see, I'm busy right now. By the time I finish with my current investigation, ZLTFUL's seven day "time out" ban will be over. Therefore, if you are really interested in pursuing this and not just venting and blowing smoke, I urge you to take immediate action.

I'm not interested. My original comment was just stating that banned members have come back with new accounts before, and will do so again in the future.

It only seems to matter if they are members who don't believe in magical thinking, otherwise it's just ignored.

• WilliamM2
    Options
    I think Ken should check villian's IP as well. I bet all 3 match.

Why not have him check everyone's IP's? Not just members you don't like.

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,546
    Options
    Ok guys I will fess up before he checks ip's.....

I am BATMAN!!!!!!!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    HE is not!! He is BEAN!! :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
This discussion has been closed.