Not liking the new forum layout

Comments

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Maybe Ken would let Rick do some type of photo shop thing with a models head wearing some headphones "for the advertisement needs", Embed that image above or below the page count number on the upper right hand corner which might allow the overall layout to be stretched. Probably a copyright issue though. Maybe the individual "sigs" be a little bolder also..IMHO.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    It won't let me log in on my PC... I have to use my phone or iPad only, not sure why I can't log in..

Bring back my Polk Fourm!!!!
  • Toolfan66
    Even the Emotive Fourm is better then this!!! :-/
  • HTguru1982
    HTguru1982 Posts: 1,066
    Are they serious with this new format?
    Display: Sony 42" LCD
    Sources: Harman Kardon DVD-27,
    Panasonic DMP-BDT110 blu ray player
    AVR: Sony STR-DA2400ES
    Amps: Sonance Sonamp 260(fronts),
    Kenwood KM-894(surrounds)
    Fronts: NHT 2.5
    Center: NHT VS-1.2A
    Surrounds: NHT Super One
    Subwoofer: SVS PB10-ISD
  • Pycroft
    Pycroft Posts: 1,960
    Let Keiko pick the model :)
    2 Channel/HT:
    Sony SS-M9 P's (ES version)
    Sony SS-M1CN Center Channel
    Polk RT800 Surround Speakers
    Odyssey Stratos Dual Mono Amplifiers
    TAD 150 Signature Tube Preamp
    Harman Kardon HK354
    Sony SACD Player
  • audio_alan
    audio_alan Posts: 770
    edited August 2014
    Hermitism said:

Pictures from the old version of the forum have not been imported and don't show up on old threads. The only photos that show up are ones that are hosted off site.

^^ This! Not having all the old pictures that people have posted is a HUGE loss. Please bring back our speaker p-o-r-n! (I had to add the hyphens because that word was censored! Are you kidding me?! Are we 12 years old now?)
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    I have my issues with the forum and as of right now I think the changes net a negative result, but I also know this big of a change is a process and will take some time to get it finished. In the meantime, how about we all just relax a little...
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,707
    You really think they will change the new format? For years they never fixed the bugs in the old forum. (sales ratings, user showcase, etc.)

I can't imagine a single beta tester told them this looked good...yet they went with it.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    This is going to get confusing since there are two threads running, concerning issues & problems with the forum. I'll just post in this one. When logged in, the time stamp on people's post are one hour behind (-1 hour). But when logged out they are four hours ahead (+4 hours). I'm eastern standard time, btw.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Hermitism said:

oldrocker said:

Okay, you click on the "time" under the persons name and you get the most recent post.

But if you're not logged in, it takes you to the top of that page, rather than the last post. On the old forum, if you clicked on "last post", it took you to the last post whether you were logged in or not.

Why would you be logged out? You trying to keep a low profile... with your tinfoil hat on in your farady cage :smile:

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014

Hermitism said:

oldrocker said:

Okay, you click on the "time" under the persons name and you get the most recent post.

But if you're not logged in, it takes you to the top of that page, rather than the last post. On the old forum, if you clicked on "last post", it took you to the last post whether you were logged in or not.

Why would you be logged out? You trying to keep a low profile... with your tinfoil hat on in your farady cage :smile:

As long as I've been coming here, I never log in unless I need to post something.

I don't want them to find me. *pointing to the sky*
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Sorry to say, but this is like "New Coke", and we all know how well that did
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Tbone289
    Tbone289 Posts: 661
    edited August 2014
    This is terrible--a real chore to read. The new layout is definitely going to limit the time I spend here...

EDIT: Oh, even better... I see that all the links to old posts are broken due to the URL change.
    Post edited by Tbone289 on
    2.1: PC>Schiit Gungnir MB>Schiit Freya Noval>NAD C-270>Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1, HSU STF-2 5.1: HDMI Bitstream>Denon AVR-1910>polkaudio RTE55, CS350-LS, RT3, HSU STF-2, Visio M55-F0
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    So do we really need 4708 pages of recent discussions? Recent discussions would be like the past 3 days not the last 15yrs. All those pages need to be in their respected titled thread i.e. 2 channel, clubhouse, car audio etc.
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,553
    edited August 2014
    I love the new forum...more whine than I can get at any liquor store and the variety is endless!
    ;)
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Seems the vast majority prefer w(h)ine over lemonade
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Hermitism
    This needs to be updated with a link to the new web address.
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/index.php

People are still using the old one and not find their way here.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Well, they certainly have some bugs to clean out. Whoever thought of this automatic timing out thing should be tarred and feathered. Plus I'm not seeing how to go back to the home page without hitting the back button. I do think it's too narrow also. Other little aggravating things but I was really hoping they'd clean out some categories like "technical", which I think has had one post in it for the last 12 years. Maybe add a few more categories...condense some others.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Hermitism
    tonyb said:

Plus I'm not seeing how to go back to the home page without hitting the back button.

It's at the top left of the page just under the Polk logo.

• tonyb
    Yeah, caught it already but thanks again. Hard to navigate this sucker.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    "Howdy Stranger" ? WTF is that ? Polk must have figured country music is so popular now, they went with words like "Howdy" and put up a country backdrop on the main screen.

Polk's attempt at appealing to younger crowds ? Must be more money in those cheap portable devices than actual speakers. An old saying comes to mind.....Stick to what you know.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    edited August 2014
    GOOD GOD I hope they got the bargain rate designing this website...
    Did the designer run away and leave it half finished..?
    Horrible Layout so much wasted space..
    a Much needed redo is in order..
    Me No Likey....
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    tonyb said:

"Howdy Stranger" ? WTF is that ? Polk must have figured country music is so popular now, they went with words like "Howdy" and put up a country backdrop on the main screen.

Polk's attempt at appealing to younger crowds ? Must be more money in those cheap portable devices than actual speakers. An old saying comes to mind.....Stick to what you know.

Tony, I guess I wasn't so far off when I made a little joke a while back
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I did acid once....this is just crazy :p

I'll stick it out. I've got nowhere else to be anytime soon anyhow.....
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • tonyb
    Ok, call me stupid, I don't care, but how do you delete PM's in your mailbox ? They added PM's to my box that I previously deleted going back to 2006. Also, I don't see a tab for sent messages.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    tonyb said:

Ok, call me stupid, I don't care, but how do you delete PM's in your mailbox ? They added PM's to my box that I previously deleted going back to 2006. Also, I don't see a tab for sent messages.

You have to open each message/conversation individually and select delete.
  • Toolfan66
    tonyb said:

Holy c,r,a,p, I just checked mine, and it's the same, I'm not going to spend an evening deleting all that garbage..

• simm
    simm Posts: 562
    I have to give this a big thumbs down
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Tony, I freaking love your avatar. That is awesome!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Stop freaking logging me out!
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk