Not liking the new forum layout

Comments

• dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    edited August 2014
    I just signed out and noticed my post were not still in the thread but when you sign back in they are,does this make sense or is it just me?
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    Its giving me an aneurysm.
  • Alright. testing...
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    This... is different... will take a very long time to get the hang of it
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850

What's with the dykey looking bee-atch on the left taking up 1/6th of the screen? I don't understand the point?

Someone asked for wholesome Tattoos as I recall
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,553
    Increase the size of your "window" (and make the thigh girl disappear) by holding down CTRL and use your mouse scroller wheel to change.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    This had to be done to attract younger members.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    It will definitely take some time to get used to, but it does have a lot of nice features.

I'm really glad they kept all of our PM's and the old history. I was really worried all those years would be lost.

Remember all the bitching about the wood during the last refresh....it will just take time to get used to this one.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    There's a 'recent posts' choice, but I don't see a 'new posts' (i.e., new since one's last visit to the forum) option any more...? :-(
  • No recent discussion link on the mobile version, but I have found a workaround.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    I'm not liking it...
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Posting pix and embedding vids and audio is real easy now.

http://www.stephaniequinn.com/Music/Allegro from Duet in C Major.mp3
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Toolfan66
    Not taking long for people to change there pics.. :-)
  • Mikey081057
    Toolfan66 said:

Not taking long for people to change there pics.. :-)

I went to the bakery today and didn't see any buns like them!

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Does anyone know how to stay signed in all the time. It's annoying to walk away and come back in an hour and have to sign in again.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    FTGV said:

Its giving me an aneurysm.

I agree, horrible
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Mikey081057
    heiney9 said:

Does anyone know how to stay signed in all the time. It's annoying to walk away and come back in an hour and have to sign in again.

Not having that issue... been signed in all evening... what browser are you using? Try Chrome

• nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Almost all of your comments I conveyed to Ken when he asked me to test out the new format.
    1. You can disable the sigs all together in your preferences. Sucks, but I prefer them off than having someone post 3 words and have 20 lines of signature.
    2. WTF white background? This is so hard on my eyes. It's all laid out wrong.
    3. Widescreen format MIA?
    4. Phone does look way better than pc, it also disables sigs by default so you don't have to scroll 100 times.
    5. Who is this girl on the left of the screen?
    6. Back to widescreen - should I turn my monitor sideways?
    7. I feel we get less information on the screen at once, yet for some reason my eyes feel like they're overwhelmed... how is that possible?

Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • heiney9

heiney9 said:

Not having that issue... been signed in all evening... what browser are you using? Try Chrome
    I use Firefox and really have no interest in using Chrome.

• heiney9 said:

No problems here I have even closed the browser several times and still logged in when I return. Using Chrome
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Toolfan66
    Well I can tell I'm already getting a headache...

Goodnight all...
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    I'm getting a bit of a headache also.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Toolfan66
    edited August 2014
    Back to my regular scheduled program...

P,o,r,n...
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    Looks cool, but I definitely need to get adjusted to it. Other than that, thanks for the hard work put into it.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    How can I change the order to read threads? I want the newest post first as before. Now I have to go to the last page, and scroll to the bottom to read the latest post.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Also, the forum no longer tells:
    -Who's currently visiting the thread you're reading or if they're even currently signed in to CP.
    -User's "Member Since" date - ie. Member since July 2001 - by a poster's entry. On the old forum form, I thought this was helpful so you could tell if you were talking to an old vet or a newb, which isn't always reflected in someone's post count.
    -Member's location, if they stated one in their profile - ie. so I can tell at a glance what other members also live in a certain area, whether I'm from there too, or maybe just visiting.
    -What time a post was made - ie. there's no time stamp on posts. Hard to tell how new, or urgent, something requested might be and if anyone else is addressing it promptly.
    -The number of a post made in a thread. Now, you can no longer say, "Refer to post #___ of thread X" because there is no longer post #'s to refer to.

That's it for now.....I'm sure I'll come up with more later after a few more visits.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    When Ken asked me to beta test the new site I thought I was having some sort of compatibilty issue as it couldn't be as bad as what I was seeing. I was wrong, there was no compatibility issue, it really is that bad!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited August 2014
    The font is not sufficiently bold for older eyes so it's not that easy to see. Otherwise, stop picking on the girl with the new Polk cans prominently featured on her cabeza! After all, we do have to feature some product here, and it's a LOT better than the wood paneling, don't you think?

This is the new format, adapt or be assimilated.

Resistance is futile!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    This layout will take some getting used to. My biggest issue so far is the white back ground. I doubt if the new format will ever be changed much, too much time and effort went into it.
  • coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    I'm not liking this either. the sidebars are too distracting. its really hard to read and it doesn't flow well at all.
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
    TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
    Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22