Not liking the new forum layout

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Anyone figured out how to make it widescreen?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127

In Chrome, I just changed the browser setting to zoom to 125%... Looks ok

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894

F1nut said:

This format has got to be a joke. It does not reflect well on the quality that Polk is known for.

Hay II! What's with that little icon thingy that shows up beside our screen name? I don't like mine one bit! However, it does kind of look like me.... Is it permanent, or does it change randomly when we sign in?
    You can upload your own pic from your profile editor
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • audiocr381ve
    audiocr381ve Posts: 2,588
    It's absolutely horrible looking. The design is cluttered. I find it HARDER on the eyes. But I'm not surprised at all. Whoever is doing Polk's recent branding and identity is missing the mark imo.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Not very phone friendly. Why the change again?
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    deronb1 said:

Not very phone friendly. Why the change again?

Can't even "**** your pants" without getting your asterisk

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Ha! I just noticed they censored ****
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    This is different
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    Need time to get used to the new look.

Interesting if you do a Google search of Club Polk it will take you to the old site. I have cleared all my cookies and history also.

Cheers
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I **** my drawers
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517

Yeah, dont want to make everything bigger, just make the forum widescreen.....

I may wear glasses but dang man 125 would be WAY to big lol

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • I have noticed that when I revisit a thread it automatically takes me where I left off, or the last post when I visited previously. That's kind of nice.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590

Bumped mine up to 175, has full screen now

• xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    It reminds me of the first time I saw Windows 8. Being a Mac user it was shocking. So is this.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • The clock seems to be on central time. I am on est. and its showing an hour earlier.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704

It's absolutely horrible looking. The design is cluttered. I find it HARDER on the eyes. But I'm not surprised at all. Whoever is doing Polk's recent branding and identity is missing the mark imo.

The audio community laughed at the new Polk logo, many commented it was the worst they'd seen. Wait until they get a load of this cluster F!!!

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    F1nut said:

The audio community laughed at the new Polk logo, many commented it was the worst they'd seen. Wait until they get a load of this cluster F!!!

Don't mince words Jesse, tell how you really feel.
    I hate to say it, but it looks like DOS and PIXAR had a baby and it grew up to be this
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922

I have noticed that when I revisit a thread it automatically takes me where I left off, or the last post when I visited previously. That's kind of nice.

Well... yeah... except for those of us of such advanced age that we don't remember where we left off...

Whoa - it uses HTML tags now... I don't know if that's good or bad, but it's different...
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    I want widescreen. Not happy having the bird girl on the left. The text area is too narrow. Hopefully they will give us some 'skin' choices.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • mhardy6647
    My gender defaulted to "unspecified". I think I like that.
    Time for a change...
  • mhardy6647
    man-o-man... this forum times out after, like, 20 seconds of inactivity! I am far too slow-lane for the 21st Century, apparently...
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited August 2014
    nbrowser said:

Can't even find the profile editor to redo the signature.

Hint: click on the cog icon under your name

I guess I will be the first one to come out and say I am liking the new forum. Lots of nice additions!

• dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    edited August 2014
    This is totally confusing,just like changing from windows 7 to 8
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Needs widescreen, tint the background and cut back on all this angry red font
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Why do all my emails come from bruno mattiello soundunited com?
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    How do you know who is on the thread so you can have a discussion with them?
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    I just fired off an email to the person responsible for this disaster. If you wish to voice your opinion on the matter, here it is.... bruno.mattiello@soundunited.com

Please keep it civil.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,707
    Wow, I've never seen a forum format so hard to read before.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    FUBAR
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    What's with the dykey looking bee-atch on the left taking up 1/6th of the screen? I don't understand the point?
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones