Dreadnaught Avel-Lindberg 1000VA Transformer Group Buy?

Comments

• nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited July 2014
    Yup, got it. You're all set. We are now at 16 paid units.

Any more takers????
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited July 2014
    If you guys could get 3 more requests by the end of the weekend that would get you to 19 and an addtional 10-12 weeks to sell the 20th unit

Good luck and congrats guys
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • dhlogic
    dhlogic Posts: 26
    edited July 2014
    I also wanted to mention I'm interested in a case (speakON compatible) from Larry. I know he said he was going to make a separate thread about it, but I cannot find it? I know I don't have access to all the forums yet due to my low post count, perhaps that is why? Thanks for the help.
  • nspindel
    edited July 2014
    Last chance to jump on board the group buy. This order is being placed tomorrow.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    edited July 2014
    nspindel wrote: »
    Last chance to jump on board the group buy. This order is being placed tomorrow.

What is the count now?
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • nspindel
    edited July 2014
    16 total
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    edited July 2014
    nspindel wrote: »
    16 total

I was hoping we would get to 25 because at that point I may have ordered 2 of them since I have 6 pair of SDA's. Guess I will fight with myself on where to use it...
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • nspindel
    edited July 2014
    I've just spoken to Melanie, and gave her my credit card number. She puts through the order, then the accounting department draws up an invoice. Assuming their accounting department multiplies $283.59 by 16 and gets to the same $4537.44 total that I do, Melanie will go ahead and charge my credit card.

I've sent her a spreadsheet with names and addresses, so they will unit ship directly to all of you. They're taking all of your email addresses, so once the order ships you'll all receive tracking numbers directly from Avel Lindberg.

Once my card is charged, I will issue refunds reflecting the price drop to everyone except dhlogic, since he paid the amount after the 15+ unit discount was applied.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited July 2014
    Neil,

Thank you, again. Awesome job!

Phil
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• dhlogic
    dhlogic Posts: 26
    edited July 2014
    I agree, couldn't have been easier.

Now to play the waiting game, which I've been pretty good at. I've been collecting upgrades for my 2B's for a couple years now haha.
  • Inthefade
    Inthefade Posts: 180
    edited July 2014
    Thanks Neil.

I ordered the speakons today. $148 for 6 sets of the ones F1nut suggested. I figured I'd change out the Blade/Blade on my SRS's as well.
  • nspindel
    edited July 2014
    You're very welcome, happy to help.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    edited July 2014
    Thank you Neil for doing this and making this group buy a reality.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    edited July 2014
    Well, it looks like I'm one day too late. Just learned about this. If there is any way to get in, please let me know.
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • nspindel
    edited July 2014
    I've asked Melanie if it's possible.
  • nspindel
    edited July 2014
    You're in Doug. PM sent with instructions.
  • nspindel
    edited July 2014
    That's it though, this group buy is officially closed, at 17 units.
  • Mr_Hz
    Mr_Hz Posts: 176
    edited July 2014
    Thanks again Neil for taking the reins and seeing this through!
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
  • nspindel
    edited July 2014
    Ok, well I'm going to make everyone's day. Rumors of the group-buy's demise have been greatly exaggerated. GlennDog contacted me yesterday, he is jumping in as well. He is not buying one, not buying two, but he is buying three of these getting the total unit purchase to 20, getting us to the next price drop.

Glenn, I just spoke to Melanie, we agreed that it's far easier for you to pay me than to pay AL directly. They've already charged my card for 17 units at the old price point, so if you pay them directly then they're going to need to refund me the difference between the old price and the new price. If you pay me, then they only need to put through another charge on my card for the difference we owe them for your units versus what's already been paid, with the total reflecting the new lower unit cost.

Also, dpowell I've added your unit to the order already, but I've not heard back from my PM. Please send your paypal ASAP.

Melanie has the order on hold for now, once I collect the funds from Doug and Glenn she will push through the order for 20 and charge my card again. At that point I'll be refunding everyone who's paid a higher price. I have everyone's payment in a spreadsheet so I know exactly who gets what, since different people paid different amounts depending on when they got in. New pricing will be $243.19 per unit, down from the original $292.88. So just under $50 cheaper per transformer. Then tack on the $17.45 shipping/insurance and it's a total of $260.64. I'm jealous, we only had 10 units in my group buy, I paid more!
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited July 2014
    Again, Neil, thank you and great work!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• nspindel
    edited July 2014
    No prob. And ***NOW*** the group buy is closed! Unless someone wants to come forward really quickly and buy 5 of these, so everyone saves even more money! And even then, you're running out of time.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    edited July 2014
    Thanks Neil! Anyone participating in this thread if you can post any links to the 'how to build' thread for these, I would appreciate it.
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • nspindel
    edited July 2014
    Payment received, Doug. Thanks. Spoke to Glenn on the phone, should have payment from him today and we're done.
  • nspindel
    edited July 2014
    Once I receive Glenn's payment, I will agree final numbers with AL and they will charge my credit card the final amount. They've already charged me for 17 units at $283.59/unit, so $4821.03. Now we'll be buying 20 units at $260.64/unit, so $5212.80. So they should be charging me another $391.77.

Once that is done, I will be issuing the following refunds:

Mr_Hz - $99.38, since you're buying 2 units and paid $310.33/unit.

Moose68Bash, motorstereo, crispybrown, vmaxer, woofiepaws, agfrost, Inthefade, stogie, jonicont, voltz, sea, South Dakota Po all get $49.69, since you all paid $310.33.

scubasteve4sq, you rounded up your original paypal to me to the nearest dollar, so you will get back $50.36!

dhlogic, you will get back $22.95, since you paid $283.59, which was the price after we reached 15 units.

dpowell and GlennDog will not get any refunds, since they paid the 20-unit price.
  • scubasteve4sq
    scubasteve4sq Posts: 72
    edited July 2014
    Hah! I thought I was keeping it simple by rounding up lol. Thanks for all the legwork I'd like you to subtract 10 bucks from my refund as a thank you for all the time and energy you put into making this a reality.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited July 2014
    Neil you're a class act! I wish I had the funds to jump on this but it is what it is. I also do not have anything to use it on so I'm sure I just saveed myself some grief for more audio items setting in wait for a rainy day to work on them.
  • nspindel
    edited July 2014
    Hah! I thought I was keeping it simple by rounding up lol. Thanks for all the legwork I'd like you to subtract 10 bucks from my refund as a thank you for all the time and energy you put into making this a reality.

No tips allowed, but thanks.
  • nspindel
    edited July 2014
    And no tips required, I'm getting over 5000 air miles for this gig!
  • nspindel
    edited July 2014
    For those looking for instructions on how to wire it up, check out DK's pics here:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?74472-The-AI-1-Dreadnought-Project-Pt.1

DK's are pictured with binding posts. You can also use Speakons, as you can see in Jesse's thread:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?142058-A-slightly-different-take-on-the-Dreadnought&highlight=dreadnought
  • nspindel
    edited July 2014
    Breaking news, I just received payment from GlennDog, so we are all set to proceed, I will tell Melanie.