Short, shameful confessions

Options

Comments

• polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    I work on some very high level IT stuff and have a background so diverse that it takes 5 pages to list it all on my resume but I can't be bothered with streaming video because I see no value in my TV having a web service broadcasting an unsecured SSID all over creation.

This has, however, given me pause to wonder what kind of twisted and scarring broadcasting I could do on my wretched neighbors TV in "The Commune" across the street to scar her rotten, imported crotcfruit to the point of tears and requiring counseling afterwards. I can't see it being all that difficult to break into their new Vizio TV and start streaming fun stuff from somethingawful.com or maybe some "Faces of Death" videos.

Or maybe some German snuff **** during one of their birthday parties?

Throw baseballs at my cars, will ya?

Have fun with that therapy bill you little brats!

Ah ah I'm glad you're not my neighbour LOL. now being upset cuz someone is throwing baseballs is fine your revenge is downright scary well thought out but scary.

Cheers
    Roger
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I printed out a whole roll of "villain" posts and use them as toilet paper.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,741
    edited June 2014
    Options

Uh.

Yeah, don't tick me off.
    billbillw wrote: »
    Streaming to a TV doesn't have to involve any SSID. I do the majority of my streaming over CAT5e within the confines of my secure network. Now, my daughter likes to watch netflix on her tablet, but that is over my secure 5Ghz N-wireless with no SSID broadcast and WPA-2 encryption.

This I know but that hasn't stopped my neighbor's new TV from broadcasting itself. My "war driving" wireless card picks it up and it's wide open. I don't see cracking a TV's firmware being too hard. It's probably already out there.
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Yeah, wireless TV's don't broadcast, they connect to your WAP.

Well, you need a router to manage your connection. A Wireless Access Point won't just serve out a connection. But I've done several snoops on local "Wi-Fi" networks with a utility I have on my phone and every where I go, I've picked up at least one TV shouting about who it was. Not all broadcast but there are ones that certainly do. Mainly ones that let you connect via an 802.11 standard or Bluetooth for sharing things like pictures or music.
    polk500 wrote: »
    Ah ah I'm glad you're not my neighbour LOL. now being upset cuz someone is throwing baseballs is fine your revenge is downright scary well thought out but scary.

Cheers
    Roger

I'm glad I'm not your neighbor too. You'd bug me to no end. But it's not just baseballs. It's the way they flip me off, let their dog **** on my lawn and other general niceties all because I asked them to stop using my house and cars as an outfield...like 15 times. Doesn't help that the kids are all foster kids and have no supervision. But it's ok. I have cameras now. With 110 feet of night vision. And 2.5 TB of video storage. I see....stuff.

And you spelled neighbor wrong.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,207
    edited June 2014
    Options
    scubalab wrote: »
    This made my coffee come out through my nose...

Pics?:lol:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,207
    edited June 2014
    Options
    ...let their dog **** on my lawn

It wasn't their dog. It was Lightman leaving a calling card.:lol:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I work on some very high level IT stuff and have a background so diverse that it takes 5 pages to list it all on my resume but I can't be bothered with streaming video because I see no value in my TV having a web service broadcasting an unsecured SSID all over creation.

This has, however, given me pause to wonder what kind of twisted and scarring broadcasting I could do on my wretched neighbors TV in "The Commune" across the street to scar her rotten, imported crotcfruit to the point of tears and requiring counseling afterwards. I can't see it being all that difficult to break into their new Vizio TV and start streaming fun stuff from somethingawful.com or maybe some "Faces of Death" videos.

Or maybe some German snuff **** during one of their birthday parties?

Throw baseballs at my cars, will ya?

Have fun with that therapy bill you little brats!
    I understand your frustration, had similar neighbors when I lived on Long Island.
    I am however, very happy my TV doesn't access the Internet wired or wireless, and all my internet connections go through a VPN, then a proxy server
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,758
    edited June 2014
    Options
    But I've done several snoops on local "Wi-Fi" networks with a utility I have on my phone and every where I go, I've picked up at least one TV shouting about who it was.

Funny when I do the same thing in my neighborhood all I get are printers.....Wish I knew a way to stream some freaky snarky stuff to their printers....Oh we could have some fun:lol:
  • Jstas
    edited June 2014
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Funny when I do the same thing in my neighborhood all I get are printers.....Wish I knew a way to stream some freaky snarky stuff to their printers....Oh we could have some fun:lol:

I've found some printers too. I even found a coffee machine once.

My old Windows phone had like a nuclear powered Bluetooth transponder though 'cause I could fire it up on the train and do a search for available connections an I'd be picking up phones 20 feet away. I'd find at least 2 dozen contacts on a rush hour trip.

You'd be surprised how many people have their Bluetooth transmitters on all the time and never changed the default passcode.

Their battery life must suck.

• Jstas
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Another confession....

I am entirely uninterested in The World Cup.

I also think that the reason that soccer is so popular in the rest of the world is that it's so cheap to play. Hell, half of the players don't even need a uniform if they play shirts vs. skins. You don't even need a net. Two trees reasonably close together will do just fine. And how much does a soccer ball cost anyway? $20?

Pfft! That's a pitcher of beer and a few plates of all you can eat wings on like Monday Night Football night at the bar!

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I believe Polk500 went with the old English spelling of neighbour there, possibly a consequence of reading too much of the literature of that period, or perhaps he's British?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • polk500
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not your neighbor too. You'd bug me to no end. But it's not just baseballs. It's the way they flip me off, let their dog **** on my lawn and other general niceties all because I asked them to stop using my house and cars as an outfield...like 15 times. Doesn't help that the kids are all foster kids and have no supervision. But it's ok. I have cameras now. With 110 feet of night vision. And 2.5 TB of video storage. I see....stuff.

And you spelled neighbor wrong.[/QUOTE]

Man they are bad neighboUrs, that's just crazy. Have you tried to change tactics maybe play a couple of ball games with them? Cuz it sounds like they have it in for you. If you get on their good side (I know it sounds stupid) maybe they will stop bugging you.

Best of luck
    Cheers
    Roger
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited June 2014
    Options
    After all these years I think I'm still in love with Patty Smyth
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,286
    edited June 2014
    Options
    This I know but that hasn't stopped my neighbor's new TV from broadcasting itself. My "war driving" wireless card picks it up and it's wide open. I don't see cracking a TV's firmware being too hard. It's probably already out there.

Well, in that case, go for it! I have no idea why a frickin TV needs to broadcast itself. Must be some new stupid feature to let you connect your smartphone to the TV without having any other network in place. None of my TVs have that $hit.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Jstas
    edited June 2014
    Options
    polk500 wrote: »

And you spelled neighbor wrong.

Man they are bad neighboUrs, that's just crazy. Have you tried to change tactics maybe play a couple of ball games with them? Cuz it sounds like they have it in for you. If you get on their good side (I know it sounds stupid) maybe they will stop bugging you.

Best of luck
    Cheers
    Roger

I have tried a new tactic.

I called the cops.

I don't want to be their friends at this point. They are a bunch of degenerates. I want them to just leave me alone. I don't bother them but apparently just my breathing ruins their lives. They need something better to do with themselves.

billbillw wrote: »
    Must be some new stupid feature to let you connect your smartphone to the TV without having any other network in place.

Bingo.

That's exactly it.

• polk500
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Calling the Cops is the right thing to do IMHO, you said you have pictures that will help.

Feel bad for you it sucks having crappy neighbours.

Jstas
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I haven't washed my 4Runner by hand 1 time in the year I've had it, and have only visited the car wash twice in that time period.

I usually take great care of my ride, but for whatever reason think truck= who cares if it's dirty.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,531
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Got really hammered once while stationed in Germany, and peed in my own bunk drawer....LOL, yeah it's funny now.

Ok, that's the last "tale from the crypt" you're gettin out of me.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,221
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I only come here to get good deals on Ralph Lauren Polo shirts.
  • Hermitism
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I only come here to get good deals on Ralph Lauren Polo shirts.

Once all the spam gets deleted, no one will see the humor in that.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited June 2014
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Got really hammered once while stationed in Germany, and peed in my own bunk drawer....LOL, yeah it's funny now.

I once urinated in a box of Frosted Flakes in college just so I could say I'd done it. One, I still haven't found a way to hang my hat on that accomplishment. Two, should you have a similar drunken urge, make sure you urinate inside the bag the cereal is packaged in. Apparently a 1mm thin cardboard box doesn't hold liquids well..........
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I don't have or own a single music download, not even on my phone. There, I've said it, I feel better now.
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,584
    edited June 2014
    Options

I got really hammered off some shine at a friends party years ago. I pissed in the floor vent in his dinning room. Later on that night another dude blew groceries in a floor vent in the den. So I didn't feel quite so bad.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2014
    Options
    jflail2 wrote: »
    I once urinated in a box of Frosted Flakes in college just so I could say I'd done it. One, I still haven't found a way to hang my hat on that accomplishment. Two, should you have a similar drunken urge, make sure you urinate inside the bag the cereal is packaged in. Apparently a 1mm thin cardboard box doesn't hold liquids well..........

I think I'm going to stop visiting this thread due to the turn it appears to have taken. Somebody soon is going to spill the beans about their adventures with the vacuum cleaner hose, and I don't think I want to know whoever it is.
  • Hermitism
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Somebody soon is going to spill the beans about their adventures with the vacuum cleaner hose, and I don't think I want to know whoever it is.

I won't be explicit, but my parents' neighbor was a doctor at a hospital, and he told me a story about a man that came in and had gotten himself stuck inside the vacuum cleaner hose. True story! I think I would have learned to live with the extended appendage before walking into a hospital with the hose attached.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,551
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I won't be explicit, but my parents' neighbor was a doctor at a hospital, and he told me a story about a man that came in and had gotten himself stuck inside the vacuum cleaner hose. True story! I think I would have learned to live with the extended appendage before walking into a hospital with the hose attached.

Cant be true... PFB isnt that old..... :biggrin:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Bears DO $hit in the woods. I know because I watched one do it.

And you survived to tell us about it!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I know it's classic rock blasphemy, but I have never liked the Who or the Rolling Stones. Don't own a single song from either.

In the words of Hank Hill "That boy's not right!"
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I voted for Reagan in 84, mainly because Wally and The Beaver wanted to kill the space station.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I once had to tell a student that my dog ate THEIR homework!
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,016
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I had sex in a Winchell's donut shop restroom waiting for Iron Maiden tickets at a local record shop in the same shopping center back in the 80's.

Good Times, and wild woman back then. I'm sure things haven't changed I'm just older these days, and married.. :-)