Does high quality digital cables matter?

Options

Comments

• drselect
    drselect Posts: 664
    edited June 2014
    Options
    villian wrote: »
    Water stripped of all outside content is unhealthy.
    I would be interested in your source/data that supports this statement.
  • Habanero Monk
    Habanero Monk Posts: 715
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Going wireless only trades one set of problems for another. There is still environmental electrical noise to contend with and the noise characteristics of the transmitters and receivers.

Agreed, it opens up a lot of questions. This could also be tested in some instances.

Any reasonable person understands that power cords are just one part of a comprehensive system of power quality management that should consist of high quality power cords, dedicated AC circuits, active and passive power filters, and AC regenerators. No one with any sense will say that an expensive power cord should be used in place of a good power conditioner, power filter, or AC regenerator.

Given a choice between a dedicated AC circuit or a power cord of equal price, the dedicated circuit will usually provide the most benefit.

That would be an interesting Poll. I've seen people shove their expensive PC right into the wall outlet.

Unlike a power cable I know what I would be getting with that Furman balanced supply.

Not sure where a dedicated AC circuit and power cord is in relation to 'equal of price'. It would be interesting to take a system that has ground loop hum and try and rid it of ground loop hum with properly built (IEC) $1000 PC vs paying $250 for an electrician to drop a 4 outlet 20 amp service (It's what it cost me anyway) so the difference in ground reference is re-mediated the proper way.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Agreed, it opens up a lot of questions. This could also be tested in some instances.

That would be an interesting Poll. I've seen people shove their expensive PC right into the wall outlet.

Unlike a power cable I know what I would be getting with that Furman balanced supply.

Not sure where a dedicated AC circuit and power cord is in relation to 'equal of price'. It would be interesting to take a system that has ground loop hum and try and rid it of ground loop hum with properly built (IEC) $1000 PC vs paying $250 for an electrician to drop a 4 outlet 20 amp service (It's what it cost me anyway) so the difference in ground reference is re-mediated the proper way.

See, this is where I get confused about some of your posts.

Unlike a power cable, you "know" what you would be getting with that Furman power supply. Assuming you've seen the inside of it and understand what the internal components are and how they function (maybe even how they're designed? I have no idea what the extent of your knowledge is, honestly), until you hear it in your own system how do you know it will be of any sonic benefit for you?

No sarcasm here, I really want to understand this.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Habanero Monk
    edited June 2014
    Options
    polrbehr wrote: »
    See, this is where I get confused about some of your posts.

Unlike a power cable, you "know" what you would be getting with that Furman power supply. Assuming you've seen the inside of it and understand what the internal components are and how they function (maybe even how they're designed? I have no idea what the extent of your knowledge is, honestly), until you hear it in your own system how do you know it will be of any sonic benefit for you?

No sarcasm here, I really want to understand this.

From specification standpoint, from an application of technology standpoint, I know what the product does. I didn't say that it would improve my setup. I know what the unit does, I don't know if it would do anything for my setup. My first smart move was to install a dedicated circuit were ground is all referenced from.

As example: I KNOW for a fact *just like the earth revolves around the sun* that +60/0/-60 is noise canceling (CMNR) by design vs 0 / 120v.

I would really like to listen to a setup where a $2300 PC makes more of a positive difference than the $2300 Furman Unit. I'll be open minded but skeptical at the same time. Those two states of mind don't have to be exclusive.

People are putting in these power cords to either do the least amount of damage or fix something about their system.

A power cable, no matter the cost, isn't going to fix how archaic unbalanced 120V AC is. A properly wired power cable isn't going to fix ground loop hum.
  • villian
    villian Posts: 412
    edited June 2014
    Options
    polrbehr wrote: »
    No, what is amazing is the fact that water filters can change the taste and odor of the water without actually... filtering anything.
    I am sure you will spout off a lengthy explanation of how that is accomplished. Magic pebbles maybe?

No, a carbon filter. The same thing bars use to make their lower shelf liquor smoother for refilling the top shelf bottles with ;)

Carbon filters are a pre-treatment filter. Kinda like a water softener. Changes taste and odor, and removes a few select chemicals..but not much else. It's not magic, it's science and you don't have to agree with it to be wrong.
    Too many good quotes to list..waiting for some fresh ammo. :)
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I've seen people shove their expensive PC right into the wall outlet.

I've seen people put expensive tires and rims on junk cars. I've seen guys spend millions of dollars on whores. Just because some people do stupid things and spend money foolishly is no reason to generalize that to the mainstream.

Well, a wise consumer should know what they are getting with a power cord and the expected benefits. Every aftermarket power cord I have purchased had manufacturer supplied information on its construction and capabilities. They also offered a full refund return policy if the cords did not perform favorably in my system. PS Audio went even further by providing return shipping.
    Not sure where a dedicated AC circuit and power cord is in relation to 'equal of price'.

An electrician charged me $425 to install my dedicated AC circuits. There are aftermarket power cords at, above, and below, that price point.
    It would be interesting to take a system that has ground loop hum and try and rid it of ground loop hum with properly built (IEC) $1000 PC vs paying $250 for an electrician to drop a 4 outlet 20 amp service (It's what it cost me anyway) so the difference in ground reference is re-mediated the proper way.
    I would really like to listen to a setup where a $2300 PC makes more of a positive difference than the $2300 Furman Unit. I'll be open minded but skeptical at the same time. Those two states of mind don't have to be exclusive.

People are putting in these power cords to either do the least amount of damage or fix something about their system.

A power cable, no matter the cost, isn't going to fix how archaic unbalanced 120V AC is. A properly wired power cable isn't going to fix ground loop hum.

I am not sure why you keep going off on these tangents about power cords being able to fix all types of power quality problems. No knowledgeable person believes such. Again:
    Any reasonable person understands that power cords are just one part of a comprehensive system of power quality management that should consist of high quality power cords, dedicated AC circuits, active and passive power filters, and AC regenerators. No one with any sense will say that an expensive power cord should be used in place of a good power conditioner, power filter, or AC regenerator.

I'm not even sure that a $2300 PC will always make more of a positive difference than a $1000, or cheaper, PC. A person who has taken the time to educate themselves on power quality basics would never think that a power cord would be more effective in reducing line noise than a good power conditioning unit.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • villian
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Then we must hope that those interested in improving their water quality will choose a filter not included in your "most" category.

Exactly, and that includes every filter sold at every big box store in the world (Brita, Pure, etc). The only one that you can buy in a kit like that which actually filters out disolved solids are the "Zero Water" brand filters. They remove all total dissolved solids, but they still do not remove small particle chemicals (IE: Most pharmaceuticals, etc) or gaseous contaminants (Radon, etc). It also fails to treat (As does everything but Chlorine) any organic matter that may exist (IE: Bacteria).
    drselect wrote: »
    I would be interested in your source/data that supports this statement.

All water you drink (Except pure distilled water) has minerals added to it to benefit your health. Google it if you want the full story, but here's a quick article that's worth reading. The filtration processes used worldwide to produce municiple and bottled water or any other clean source water strips out virtually all disolved solids and chemicals.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/550898-what-minerals-should-you-add-to-distilled-water-before-drinking/
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,874
    edited June 2014
    Options

No, they put them in to lower the noise floor, which is the main goal of all the power treatments.
    A properly wired power cable isn't going to fix ground loop hum.

Power cords with a removable ground pin will and for some is all they need.

Side note: I see by some quotes that villian is still nothing more than a common troll. :rolleyes:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DarqueKnight
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Then he should say that rather than running all over the Internet saying "I invented ABX". ABX methods for evaluating monophonic telephone signals were used by Bell Laboratories scientists decades before Arny came up with his ABX switchbox. In the sensory science literature, the ABX test is referred to as the "duo trio-balanced reference" test. It was invented by D.R. Peryam and V.W. Swartz and published in 1950. (Citation: D. R. Peryam and V. W. Swartz, "Measurement of Sensory Differences," Food Technology, Vol. 5, 1950, pp. 207-210).

The citation above should have read:

D. R. Peryam and V. W. Swartz, "Measurement of Sensory Differences," Food Technology, Vol. 4, No. 10, 1950, pp. 390-395.
  • drselect
    edited June 2014
    Options
    All water you drink (Except pure distilled water) has minerals added to it to benefit your health. Google it if you want the full story, but here's a quick article that's worth reading. The filtration processes used worldwide to produce municiple and bottled water or any other clean source water strips out virtually all disolved solids and chemicals.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/550898-what-minerals-should-you-add-to-distilled-water-before-drinking/
    Thanks for the reply and the article. It helps further shed light on your ability to reason.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited June 2014
    Options
    You listen about as well as you read also. I've been talking solely about Ethernet. Not DSD.

It's entirely possible that they cable you made is sub optimal but due to the nature of TCP and other protocols higher in the OSI stack that it actually passed data on an Ethernet network and you where blissfully unaware. That when you used it for DSD that it's not designed to do the same thing as a mechanism like TCP and failed.

This possibility didn't cross your mind? I'm not interested in your use for DSD transport. It isn't what we are discussing.
    You listen about as well as you read also. I've been talking solely about Ethernet. Not DSD.

It's entirely possible that they cable you made is sub optimal but due to the nature of TCP and other protocols higher in the OSI stack that it actually passed data on an Ethernet network and you where blissfully unaware. That when you used it for DSD that it's not designed to do the same thing as a mechanism like TCP and failed.

This possibility didn't cross your mind? I'm not interested in your use for DSD transport. It isn't what we are discussing.

Haha! You guys are absolutely rediculous! So, once again because something pointed out to you doesn't fit your agenda and so you don't want to discuss it! Too Funny!!

If you remember correctly, we are not talking about TCP protocols, computer data transmissions, wireless routers, DSD transmissions, or anything else but digital cables correct? An ethernet cable is a digital cable is it not? After answering "yes" in your mind please read below......

You brought up the idea that it doesn't matter what is sent through the ethernet cable because it is "just data", and that it doesn't matter what the transmission consists of, it is all "just data" and it either get's there or it doesn't regardless of what type of "data" is sent through the ethernet cable. This is the same ideoloy that villian holds.

I then re-posted my post from page 2 to point out that it absolutely does matter what is sent through the ethernet cable and showed you why. It also matters what the cable consists of (what it's is comprised of) that will make a difference on the success or failure of the "data" tranmission as shown by my example. I switched from my self made cable to the Acoustic Revive Ethernet cable and the DSD signal transferred successfully and sounded better than any other ethernet cable I have used before or since.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,576
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Lately I've been drinking more water than listening to my stereo system :(

Lately I've been drinking more beer while listening to my stereo system. ;)
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • headrott
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Technically the data transmitted contained no images or colors. But, that's splitting hairs.

Not true, the "data" transmitted does contain electrical signals that comprise the images and colors you see on your computer screen so in fact the "data" does contain images and colors.
    What makes you think that NO data was being sent? Have you verified this? Who's to say that the data wasn't transmitted, but that you self built DAC couldn't properly decode the data stream for whatever reason? Consumer Electronics go through countless hours of testing just to uncover things like that.

Do you guys actually read and understand what is posted?? I am to say that the data was not transmitted accurately enough by the ethernet cable to pass the DSD signal. I know this for a fact because I then switched to the Acoustic Revive Ethernet cable and the DSD signal was successfully transitted from my modified denon player to my same (unaltered) self-built DAC.
    Wrong again. All data is the same when it passes through an ethernet cable. The only difference is the amount of data.

No, not all data is the same that passes through an ethernet cable. Otherwise, no matter what you transmit through the resulting analog signal would all sound exactly the same and look the same. What you stated is rediculous.

I do agree that the amount of data does vary depending on what is transmitted.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • headrott
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I never said that YOUR post was in error, I was talking about the error rate of a digital signal being transmitted and how everyone seems to think that it's a super high error percentage, when in reality its super low. Therefore cables meant to lower the error rate are themselves erroneous.

No one has said it is a "super high error percentage" that I know of. If you lower error rates (no matter how low or high) you will gain higher fidelity audio. The closer you get to 0% error, the higher the fidelity. That is fact. Some of us are stating that lowering the error rate (despite already being low) as well as a number of other aspects in ethernet cables improves the audio.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• Habanero Monk
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I've seen people put expensive tires and rims on junk cars. I've seen guys spend millions of dollars on whores. Just because some people do stupid things and spend money foolishly is no reason to generalize that to the mainstream.
    Well, a wise consumer should know what they are getting with a power cord and the expected benefits. Every aftermarket power cord I have purchased had manufacturer supplied information on its construction and capabilities. They also offered a full refund return policy if the cords did not perform favorably in my system. PS Audio went even further by providing return shipping.

An electrician charged me $425 to install my dedicated AC circuits. There are aftermarket power cords at, above, and below, that price point.

I'm not even sure that a $2300 PC will always make more of a positive difference than a $1000, or cheaper, PC. A person who has taken the time to educate themselves on power quality basics would never think that a power cord would be more effective in reducing line noise than a good power conditioning unit.

Agreed on all points. I'm totally willing to try items out. I'm totally willing to let it be a blind process. There are a lot of places to order items from for testing and more than reasonable return policies.

My AQ Vodka is due back by the 23rd and my curiosity is only going to run my $9 to return it. Very fair.
  • Habanero Monk
    edited June 2014
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    No, they put them in to lower the noise floor, which is the main goal of all the power treatments.

Power cords with a removable ground pin will and for some is all they need.

Is there a power cord with a proven, measurable ability, to increase up to 12dB DR for line level electronics? Reduce inductance in the PC, remove ground loops?

Lifting the ground at the power cable is potentially dangerous.
  • Habanero Monk
    edited June 2014
    Options
    headrott wrote: »
    Haha! You guys are absolutely rediculous! So, once again because something pointed out to you doesn't fit your agenda and so you don't want to discuss it! Too Funny!!

If you remember correctly, we are not talking about TCP protocols, computer data transmissions, wireless routers, DSD transmissions, or anything else but digital cables correct? An ethernet cable is a digital cable is it not? After answering "yes" in your mind please read below......

You brought up the idea that it doesn't matter what is sent through the ethernet cable because it is "just data", and that it doesn't matter what the transmission consists of, it is all "just data" and it either get's there or it doesn't regardless of what type of "data" is sent through the ethernet cable. This is the same ideoloy that villian holds.

I then re-posted my post from page 2 to point out that it absolutely does matter what is sent through the ethernet cable and showed you why. It also matters what the cable consists of (what it's is comprised of) that will make a difference on the success or failure of the "data" tranmission as shown by my example. I switched from my self made cable to the Acoustic Revive Ethernet cable and the DSD signal transferred successfully and sounded better than any other ethernet cable I have used before or since.

Since the context of this thread is digital cables it covers quite the gamut. Outside of telco (CAT3) and Ethernet Data (CAT5/6/7) there is no other directly prescribed use for those cables.

Anything else is 'off label' use and something I'm not really interested in talking about. CAT5-7 is designed for computer networking. That is what I have been talking about.

Again, I don't know if the cable you made passes spec or not. I don't know if the software stack that makes up Ethernet networking was dealing with a cable and it's short comings where the DSD software stack isn't so robust because it doesn't have the same goal as guaranteed delivery. And I honestly don't care.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,874
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Is there a power cord with a proven, measurable ability, to increase up to 12dB DR for line level electronics? Reduce inductance in the PC, remove ground loops?

Dedicated lines are extremely important, but they are only part of the equation.
    Lifting the ground at the power cable is potentially dangerous.

Not as dangerous as walking out your front door.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• villian
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the reply and the article. It helps further shed light on your ability to reason.

What exactly does that mean? You asked for an answer and you got it, the factual one. Sorry if your butt hurts, but sometimes there really isn't any Grey area.
  • headrott
    edited June 2014
    Options
    What exactly does that mean? You asked for an answer and you got it, the factual one. Sorry if your butt hurts, but sometimes there really isn't any Grey area.

Or Grey matter usage either.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• 11tsteve
    11tsteve Posts: 1,166
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Nonsense? Technically most consumer "Water Filters" are useless when it comes to filtration or treatment of water. They simply make water more palatable (Changing the taste and odor). They do nothing to filter or treat the water, and can in fact cause lower quality water to be output than what was input. The things they do remove, while sounding great on paper (Heavy metals, calcium, etc) are not really all that inclusive considering the big picture, and are often times desired. Water stripped of all outside content is unhealthy, and impossible to obtain in a home environment. That is unless you happen to have a home RO rig, which I very much doubt is the case for 99% of Americans.

Amazing what you find when you look beyond the advertising stickers..Isn't it?
    actually, home R.O. filtration systems are more common than you think. The problem with RO water being that it is acidic and has a lack of minerals. However, remineralization/ionized water filters can be used to counteract this effect. These systems are quite
    popular.
    http://www.hawkeyeculligan.com/at-home-or-work/water-systems/q-culligansupregsup+drinking+water+systems-88
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    NAD 1020 completely refurbished
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • drselect
    edited June 2014
    Options
    What exactly does that mean?

"When you understand the nature of a thing...you know what it's capable of."

"Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited June 2014
    Options
    "When you understand the nature of a thing...you know what it's capable of."

"Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"

Inconceivable!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • drselect
    edited June 2014
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Inconceivable!
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
  • villian
    edited June 2014
    Options
    headrott wrote: »
    Do you guys actually read and understand what is posted?? I am to say that the data was not transmitted accurately enough by the ethernet cable to pass the DSD signal. I know this for a fact because I then switched to the Acoustic Revive Ethernet cable and the DSD signal was successfully transitted from my modified denon player to my same (unaltered) self-built DAC.

I don't see how that proves that certain data is "Harder" for a cable to transport than other data. IF that were true then you'd have to test and see the results in a different way than what you've experienced. Something like this..

Cable A ---> Playback 2ch audio (PCM Bitstream 300kbs) ---> Success
    Cable A ---> Playback 7ch mixed audio/video (20Mbps total) ---> Failure

Instead of your experiment of..

Cable A ---> Fail
    Cable B ---> Sucess

I don't know how you concluded that something is "Harder" or more strenous for a cable to transport when your results were obtained with 2 different cables...
    11tsteve wrote: »
    actually, home R.O. filtration systems are more common than you think. The problem with RO water being that it is acidic and has a lack of minerals. However, remineralization/ionized water filters can be used to counteract this effect. These systems are quite
    popular.
    http://www.hawkeyeculligan.com/at-home-or-work/water-systems/q-culligansupregsup+drinking+water+systems-88

Overall (Total US households) they're extremely rare. I've seen plenty, but even if I've seen hundreds that's nothing compared to the millions of households in the country. Either way my point was exactly what you just said..that minerals are stripped and added back in after filtration.

Just don't get why some people here would be total dicks after answering their question. I guess they want some grey area where there isn't. I'm sorry but a molecule of water is only so small, and that happens to be larger than many contaminates...therefore you can't filter out those contaminates. Square peg, round hole. If they can't understand that they should probably just go ahead and deactivate their Polk account.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Just don't get why some people here would be total dicks after answering their question. I guess they want some grey area where there isn't. I'm sorry but a molecule of water is only so small, and that happens to be larger than many contaminates...therefore you can't filter out those contaminates. Square peg, round hole. If they can't understand that they should probably just go ahead and deactivate their Polk account.

Pot, meet Kettle. Talk about a spade calling a spade. Why don't you follow your own advice? You can be a "Polk enthusiast" without being a "dick" but that concept evades you in a most glorious fashion. You can't come into a conversation without spewing troll cooties all over the place. Maybe if you actually debated a point instead of the inane name calling and flame baiting, you would find the "dicks" as you call them more receptive to your point of view.

As my grandfather said, you catch more ants with honey than you do pouring gasoline on the ant hill and tossing on a match.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,910
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Well said....lol ^^^^
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,910
    edited June 2014
    Options
    This thread is just too funny. Digital cables to water filters....LOL.

Whats not sinking in is....if you can't hear a difference in cables, nobody gives a hoot. Rock on and enjoy what you have then. The problem always comes in with those who profess others who can hear a difference must suffer from some sort of placebo effect. The same ones who never go outside their own comfort zone and experience stuff for themselves. They are glad to tell you what you can or can not hear, but when you question their abilities and lack of experience they get their panties all twisted.

Audio need not be as complicated as it appears by some of these threads. If your happy in your own little world audio wise, cool....rock out with your c@@k out. If not, there is plenty of ways to expand your horizons.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Habanero Monk
    edited June 2014
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    This thread is just too funny. Digital cables to water filters....LOL.

Toss in Ocean going ships, cars, car parts, and of all things absurd: Cake ingredients.
  • DarqueKnight
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Toss in Ocean going ships, cars, car parts, and of all things absurd: Cake ingredients.

Look in a mirror and consider the biggest absurdity of all: "Taking issue" with what someone else said they could hear to the point of devising an elaborate "proof" exercise.
    When you take the dubious step of saying it does X/Y/Z to the sound vs another competent CAT6 cable then I have to take issue since I understand how packet switched networks operate.
This discussion has been closed.