SDA Playlist

Comments

• transmaster
    transmaster Posts: 428
    edited April 2012
    Michael Stearns, Middle of Time the OST to Mystery of Chaco Canyon (TV 1999) Pure space music, when you listen to anything of Michael Stearns you are transported into other spaces.

Here is his website http://michaelstearns.com/index.html

His music has an unique ability to reach out grab and transport you to inner spaces you never knew where there.
    Radio Station W7ITC
  • kidglove13
    kidglove13 Posts: 207
    edited May 2012
    Desert Rose - Sting

Best of Sade CD
  • bmbguy
    bmbguy Posts: 416
    edited May 2012
    From The Jeff Healey Band, See The Light -

"Nice Problem To Have" added to the 'tracks' sheet of the SDA playlist

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apz4Elg1rTmcdGpxZGZIN1VFZk1URFZCRkdxYXVNanc
  • kidglove13
    edited June 2012
    Seal - Commitment
  • kidglove13
    edited June 2012
    The Infinite Steve Vai - An Anthology
    Pretty much every song on both CD's
    Amazing sound quality- purely awesome
  • bmbguy
    bmbguy Posts: 416
    edited July 2012
    Added Bonnie Raitt's "Fundamental" to the spreadsheet. The album is recorded in a somewhat raw and subdued manner, but nearly every track uses extreme stereo separation which really brings out the SDA effect. A recommended add to your SDA 'demo' list.
  • rdozz
    rdozz Posts: 24
    edited August 2012
    I am new and this is my frist post. I have a pair of RTA12, they are wonderful. A classic album and a must listen Dolly Parton "Little Sparrow". I know Dolly Parton? This is one of the best recording ever. It is Blue Grass and she is backed by Allison Krauss's band mates. The clarity on my RTA12s blow me away.

I am rebuilding a pair of RTA11ts, I am eally looking foward to hearing them after they are restored...

I love Polk Audio!
  • thejck
    thejck Posts: 849
    edited November 2012
    Journey - Infinity
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited November 2012
    Pink Floyd - "The Division Bell"
    Steely Dan- "Greatest Hits", more specifically, "Hey 19" and "Babylon Sisters"
    Norah Jones- "Come Away With Me" and "Feels Like Home"
    The Doors- "Greatest Hits"
    Yes- "The Yes Album"
  • Mystery
    Mystery Posts: 2,546
    edited January 2013
    Madonna -- "Frozen"
    Listen it in quiet place and you'll feel like you are in another world.
    SDA effect is all over the song. :cool:

BTW, listen to CD or something similar.
    Youtube sounds horrible and cr$p compared to CD.

Klipsch RB81, KG3.5, B&W DM602.5, Polk.
    Subwoofers: Klipsch RW10, Triad ProSub Bronze.
  • musky1963
    musky1963 Posts: 275
    edited May 2013
    Madonna? Really? I am sure it has some neat effects, but I want to hang on to my man card :cool:
    Jeff
  • Inthefade
    Inthefade Posts: 180
    edited May 2013
    Just got a set of 2 b's. They are growing on me.

Here are a few I've enjoyed so far.

Beck Sea Change (album)
    The Verve Bitter Sweet Symphony
    Miles Davis
    Thelonious Monk
    Jack Johnson Sleep through the static (album)

Still listening to new stuff on them
  • jrc56
    jrc56 Posts: 10
    edited September 2013
    We could use some updates
    I'm sure there has been some good music to show off the speakers in the last 8 years
  • drumiv
    drumiv Posts: 171
    edited September 2013
    The song/ album that got me the wife approval, was Nora Jones, Come away with me, song 12. I think all the songs are good, though. It's also the only time my SX 1980 went into protection!
  • MAD
    MAD Posts: 105
    edited October 2013
    Right now.... I use the following to show them off.

Lorde Royals
    The Everly Brothers All I have to do is dream
    The Eagles Hotel California
    Big Wreck You Caught my Eye
    NIN Corona Radiata (just after 4 mins in) - sounds almost eminating from behind you

I'm sure some have already been mentioned.

Almost forgot
    The Roots Livin' in a new world (lots of left right fade... sounds constantly moving)
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited December 2013
    This is absolutely fantastic...
    61QCR0XFAXL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Larry Coryell...Coryell
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • PreCd
    PreCd Posts: 786
    edited January 2014
    ^ Yeah thanks for giving us an album that no one has in stock! Listened to it on Youtube and really like it. If you find it please PM.

Try Lunasa, The Story So Far. Very well recorded and about the only Irish music I care for.
    lunasa.jpg

One of my reference pieces is Taj Mahal, Sacred Island. Another well recorded piece.
    taj.jpg
    SDA2BTL
    Marantz CD5004
    Adcom GFA-545
    Bottlehead Quickie Tube Preamp
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited January 2014
    ^^Picked it up at my local second hand shop on a whim. Didn't realize it was so hard to find. I searched a while today but didn't come up with anything. I did find a few copies on vinyl, but no cd's.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • vintagenut
    vintagenut Posts: 28
    edited February 2014
    Alphaville, Forever Young...... This entire album sounds awesome on my 1Bs...... Finding this out was one of those "happy" accidents. I found it on vinyl and got it for the title song.... But the whole thing makes the SDAs shine..
  • gdphoto
    gdphoto Posts: 182
    edited June 2014
    The Beatles LOVE CD is really worth hearing.
    Hafler DH220 Power amp Recapped
    Hafler DH110 Preamp Recapped
    Hafler Digital FM Tuner
    Virtue Audio M1 Piano CD Player
    Technics SL-1210-MK5 with a Rega Exact Cartridge
    Polk SDA1c's(Rebuilt XO's by Ben) RDO194 Tweeters
  • gdphoto
    edited June 2014
    As a matter of fact, the whole remastered Beatles set in stereo is great. And to think, it was all done with 2 track and 4 track equipment. Only Abby Road used 8 Track recording...because it was new at the time. Knowing that Sgt. Pepper was recorded with 4 track equipment just blows me away. There are groups out now using 128 track equipment and don't come near what they did in 1967.
    Hafler Digital FM Tuner
  • gdphoto
    edited June 2014
    One of my favorite!
    Hafler Digital FM Tuner
  • MarkCianciolo
    MarkCianciolo Posts: 13
    edited July 2014
    I have heard more Stereo Dimensional Array from Manfred Mann's earth band then any of the bands on this list, the Hollies also seem to produce a large percentage of SDA per song as well, but my experience leads me to believe Manfred Mann should not only be on this list, but very close to the top.
  • MarkCianciolo
    edited July 2014
    I have not had any luck with Journey. In fact, after spending some time listing to them on my system with the SDA SRS 1.2, I concluded that the mixing on the first couple Journey albums was at best.....bad! I had very little, if any SDA effect with Journey. Sorry, but I remember it well because I was actually excited to hear them and then was let down.
  • MarkCianciolo
    edited July 2014
    Some southern rock I sampled was surprising very well mixed, and produced a wide range of SDA, Older Lynyrd Skynyrd and Moly Hatchet were awesome, I was not expecting that much SDA and the mixing to be that good with these southern rock bands.
  • MarkCianciolo
    edited July 2014
    The Guess Who was very well mixed and produced a high percentage of wide SDA, Uriiah Heep was exceptionally well too. The older REO was very very good, Golden Country and Riding the Stirm out are must sample to listen too on the Polk SDA SRS speakers
  • MarkCianciolo
    edited July 2014
    Here is my short list:

Classic Rock:
    Donovan - Herdy Gerdy man
    Uriah Heep - Stealin, Easy livin
    Manfred Mann - Spirits in the night, Adolescent Dream, the road to Babylon.
    The Guess Who, No Time (radio Single)
    The Hollies - Another night
    Humble Pie - 30 days in the hole
    REO Speedwagon - Golden Country (both live and studio) Ridin the storm out (both live and studio)
    UFO - Love to Love
    Aldo Nova - Fantasy
    Dire Straights - Your latest trick (almost all of the Dire Straights produce a high percentage of SDA)
    The Eagles (too much to list)
    Fleet wood Mac (too much to list)
    Manfred Mann's earth band (too much to list)
    Led Zeppelin - No Quarter
    Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
    Steely Dan - too much to list

This is just my short list of classical rick for the SDA SRS speakers
  • MarkCianciolo
    edited July 2014
    Jazz:

Soft Machine
    Sade
    The Rippingtons (life in the tropics)
    Novamenco
  • MarkCianciolo
    edited July 2014
    Damn.....I forgot one of the best classic rock albums to listen to on SDA SRS speakers.

Jeff Beck Wired!
  • bootbox
    bootbox Posts: 7
    gdphoto wrote: »
    The Beatles LOVE CD is really worth hearing.

I just got my vinyl copy of this one today and I'm listening through my new to me (got them Monday) SDA IIs. The effect is so strong on this album, there's stuff coming from all sides, sometimes from behind my head. I love these speakers.